The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

It's that time of year, where they bring out the inevitable Christmas tunes. Same shite every year. So I've decided to put a spin on a song that's not necessarily a Christmas song but comes out every Christmas 👍

🎵Duffy, Don't leave our team like this! They are absolute f*cking piss! Keep us in the championship!🎶

Stay Now!🎶

🎶You were hired by David Smith! David Hopkin made winning a myth! Throw Sean McGinty off a cliff!🎵

Stay Now!🎵🎶

I've called this lineup 'North 17'

As I'm hoping to F*ck that we're north of 17 points for Christmas.

IMG_20211121_154042.jpg

Edited by Roxanne's man

2 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

If Duffy has identified 3 or 4 good targets for January that are ready to sign as soon as the window opens then I'm more willing to keep him. Appointing a new manager would take 2/3 weeks and doesn't give them much time to assess the squad before the window opens and our players would probably win a couple of games to fool the new guy into thinking he doesn't need anyone. 

As the weeks pass with results and performances not improving, I think we should be past thinking that Duffy should be given any longer in charge. 

Things aren't going to get appreciably better under him. If new signings have been identified, and I have my doubts that they have, 3 or 4 signings are unlikely to turn things around either assuming they want to jump on the current bus of fun we're being served up. 

Most will surely now accept Duffy isn't the short, medium or long term answer for us, I just wish the club would get the person in that they actually see leading us forward over the same period. 

Is there somebody lined up for the summer? Maybe there is. We could be in League 1 by then though. That's a thought that gives me the absolute fear. 

2 hours ago, GaryMc93 said:

If Duffy has identified 3 or 4 good targets for January that are ready to sign as soon as the window opens then I'm more willing to keep him. 

Prepare to be disappointed then by Duffy's time-honoured 'let's wait and see what happens' approach to the transfer market, before bringing in a boatload of jobbers on the recommendation of one of his agent mates. 

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ll be amazed if this is the case. We will take weeks to do anything, and everyone will get increasingly fucked off. 

Agreed. Add in a couple of our domestic loans getting recalled and the VOR to start mentioning the Burnley partnership again only for no one to appear again.

17 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Is there somebody lined up for the summer? Maybe there is. We could be in League 1 by then though. That's a thought that gives me the absolute fear. 

I doubt it and Smith has gambled on us being safe. If we get relegated I can't see us bouncing straight back like under Reid/McCall as they'll be a couple of big spenders in that league.

16 minutes ago, virginton said:

Prepare to be disappointed then by Duffy's time-honoured 'let's wait and see what happens' approach to the transfer market, before bringing in a boatload of jobbers on the recommendation of one of his agent mates. 

Looked up Duffy's previous transfers a couple of weeks ago. Appears to also like signing players that have either played before for him or the club he's at along with relying on the domestic loan market. Fully prepared for Ross Forbes, Craig McGuffie and Muhammadu Faal to be his only signings in January, if he makes it that far.

17 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Fully prepared for Ross Forbes, Craig McGuffie and Muhammadu Faal to be his only signings in January, if he makes it that far.

Craig Mcguffie would be an improvement to what we've got if he stays fit and uninjured.

Anyone is better than signing Andre Wright in January and expecting goals from him, whilst he does tricks in slow-motion.

17 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Appears to also like signing players that have either played before for him or the club he's at along with relying on the domestic loan market.

Sounds very like Hopkin. Much like we've seen that Hopkins Morton players don't improve a team, I seriously doubt there's any player at Dumbarton that could improve the team in January other than possibly Joe McKee or Andy Geggan 🤔

49 minutes ago, virginton said:

Basically the cast offs of Falkirk rejects when they make their clearout then? 

23 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Agreed. Add in a couple of our domestic loans getting recalled and the VOR to start mentioning the Burnley partnership again only for no one to appear again.

I doubt it and Smith has gambled on us being safe. If we get relegated I can't see us bouncing straight back like under Reid/McCall as they'll be a couple of big spenders in that league.

Looked up Duffy's previous transfers a couple of weeks ago. Appears to also like signing players that have either played before for him or the club he's at along with relying on the domestic loan market. Fully prepared for Ross Forbes, Craig McGuffie and Muhammadu Faal to be his only signings in January, if he makes it that far.

Would take McGuffie over any of our RM options just now. Might be limited at this level but atleast he's at it and worth atleast one long range dig a game. 

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Can only presume that McDaid will go back to Dundee after his loan deal and we will end up with him for the rest of the season.

Mcdaid is better than what we've got just now. Would welcome him back. Though I think Duffy's main priority is central midfield.

We should be looking at a replacement for Duffy before the January transfer window imo. If we have someone lined up to take over at the end of the season then we should be asking them to do so now. If they aren’t able/willing then we should move onto other targets. 

We will only get in either loan players at Christmas. If we were in the group at the top of the league, we could have looked at players unhappy at clubs that are able to leave on a free and offer them an 18 month deal. Right now, we don't know what league we will be in so unlikely to offer anyone coming in a deal for next year. 

If we continue to stink out the league, we can't make plans for next year until we know if we are staying up or not. 

Unless we can bring in a decent centre half, 3 midfielders and a 20 goal a season forward, we are going to be bottom for a while and I don't see any way back. 

If Duffy has no targets right now, identified and ready to come in, then Smith needs to get rid of him this week. We can't have another window like the last one and we can't piss about. 

The issue we have is that our managerial options have narrowed hugely since Hopkin left. 

John Hughes is obviously no longer an option, and the likes of Ian Murray who are doing well in the league below - why would you leave a side looking like they could get promoted for one that is dropping like a stone towards league one. 

Robertson and Petrie don’t seem to be options and I’m assuming Levein isn’t interested in management anymore as he hasn’t been quoted for anything recently. 

That leaves absolutely no one I would be vaguely interested in...

I have never felt this apathetic towards Ayr United in my 20 odd years supporting them. No chance I'll be back until Duffy is gone. The first half against Raith was the final straw for me, was definitely a sign of things to come.

The disconnect between the club and supporters is vast and isn't going to improve anytime soon. A Q+A or an interview with Smith won't help that at the moment, it will probably make things worse. What we clearly need is a new manager in before January. I don't think Smith will mess about, and I reckon if we get beat by Morton, Duffy could be gone. Smith will definitely be reading this thread, there's no way he'll be able to stop himself.

8 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

Smith will definitely be reading this thread

I'd hope so! 

Obviously, we don't speak for all the Ayr fans but it's quite clear that things are not going as planned for this team. 

The decisions have terrible at best. Hopkin was a massive mistake, Duffy hasn't improved much at all, given the pish team he inherited. 😐 If David Smith, who I hope is reading this, really wants to make a difference, then open up and talk to the fans and let them know what's going on. Interact with them and put money into the team, make improvements where they are needed. Get a director of football. Yes, the hub is brilliant but the football from Ayr United is non existent.

This is not the Ayr United we want or need. As a fan himself, he knows this.

1 hour ago, Ayr23 said:

A Q+A or an interview with Smith

A video, him touring the hub and showing it off, then a sit down in the board room to discuss the plan for the next 6 months. 

Update on new commercial manager

PR wise, tell Duffy he's not staying on, privately and tell AU media that he's moving on at the end of the season, recruitment process has already started. 

There will be investment in January, some players moving out but we want to increase quality overall.

Acknowledge fans frustrations  

That would buy him a quiet few weeks. 

What we will get
f**k all apart from the Hub bit. 

12 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A video, him touring the hub and showing it off, then a sit down in the board room to discuss the plan for the next 6 months. 

Update on new commercial manager

PR wise, tell Duffy he's not staying on, privately and tell AU media that he's moving on at the end of the season, recruitment process has already started. 

There will be investment in January, some players moving out but we want to increase quality overall.

Acknowledge fans frustrations  

That would buy him a quiet few weeks. 

What we will get
f**k all apart from the Hub bit. 

This is exactly what needs to happen.

Not the continued deafening silence, with what seems like less and less fan engagement each week. 

This is exactly what needs to happen.

Not the continued deafening silence, with what seems like less and less fan engagement each week. 
It could make things worse though depending on how it's done. If it's Callum asking the same old questions with the same tone then I doubt there would be many happy fans. I'm not saying I know the best way to do it, but there has to be a better way.