The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hate seeing the club in this state . Duffy is a good guy and deserved his chance , which also bought the club time to get plans in place for the future . Maybe the club planned the big switch , manager , coaches and players in the summer ? Well results (or lack of them) dictate the timetable . So I reckon those plans need to be brought forward . Christmas time is a possibility but I’d be inclined to change things now . If we were waiting for a target that is in a contract at the moment either managing or playing , then bin it and get the available candidates interviewed now . A new appointment for the Albion Rovers game would be perfect , giving the manager a pretty easy game to get his feet under the table .  Hopefully we’d get a new boss bounce for the next three critical games .  Failure in these pre Christmas games would pretty much consign us to the Seaside League , it would just leave us too much to do after Christmas .

So Messers McIntyre , Levine , McCann etc get your interview suits looked out ....

I can't believe we may be appointing a fourth manager in one calendar year. It's like Leeds when that Italian owner was in charge he burned through managers like hot dinners.

Edit - said sacked when I meant appointing.

Edited by Trogdor

39 minutes ago, North British said:

Hate seeing the club in this state . Duffy is a good guy and deserved his chance , which also bought the club time to get plans in place for the future . Maybe the club planned the big switch , manager , coaches and players in the summer ? Well results (or lack of them) dictate the timetable . So I reckon those plans need to be brought forward . Christmas time is a possibility but I’d be inclined to change things now . If we were waiting for a target that is in a contract at the moment either managing or playing , then bin it and get the available candidates interviewed now . A new appointment for the Albion Rovers game would be perfect , giving the manager a pretty easy game to get his feet under the table .  Hopefully we’d get a new boss bounce for the next three critical games .  Failure in these pre Christmas games would pretty much consign us to the Seaside League , it would just leave us too much to do after Christmas .

So Messers McIntyre , Levine , McCann etc get your interview suits looked out ....

Solksjaer now available. 

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

can't believe we may be appointing a fourth manager in one calendar year. It's like Leeds when that Italian owner was in charge he burned through managers like hot dinners.

Edit - said sacked when I meant appointing.

Edited 6 minutes ago by Trogdor

It is what it is , we’ve been doing band aid fixes since McCall left . We need a plan and I have no doubt there is one . However the roof is on fire and we have to react . Everyone knew how yesterday would pan out . The dressing room has gone , the team don’t give a f**k . So either we regroup in the summer in L1 . Or we stand a fight right now . Don’t know which is the best economic model ., but as a fan of our towns club I’d be in the stand up and be counted group !  We’ve been here before and it can be turned around . Anybody Willie Jamison and co arriving ? 

My primary concern with changing manager is that will they get more out of this mob? Having changed manager three times this year, the majority of this squad have failed three different managers. I'm not sure how much a new manager will change the results. I know that's a depressing thought but the players are the common denominator here.

The above is not a defence of Duffy btw. He's better than Hopkin but still one of our poorer appointments.

One thing is certain, the squad needs absolutely gutted in the summer whether we are in League 1 or the Championship. 

1 hour ago, North British said:

He's going to form part of new backroom team at Rangers apparantly

7 minutes ago, rb123! said:

The body language from the players after each of the goals speaks volumes.... even Muirhead didn't look fired up

The team is rotten , they have chucked it . New staff required now . Five or six senior pros required in the window . Most of that team are L1 material . Big job ahead . It’s over to Mr Smith now !

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

The body language from the players after each of the goals speaks volumes.... even Muirhead didn't look fired up

Right at the start - in the first couple of minutes - Dunfermline had a diagonal cross into the box and a free header which fortunately didn't go in (I think McAdams parried it). Nobody was closing down Dunfermline - the cross was almost like a free kick given the amount of time he had to think about it. And then again no marking at all.

In his post match comments Duffy said that it might have looked like the players weren't trying but it was just because they knew when they were three nil down that the game was over. But he is totally deluded if he cannot see that right from the first minute nobody was the slightest bit interested in playing. The work-rate was the worst I have seen for a long time. In fact they reminded me of the Morton team that we beat 6-0 on 2 January many years ago where I think Glynn Hurst got 5 goals. That club was in real dire straits with off-field issues and it seems we have some major problems in the dressing room.

3 hours ago, North British said:

I have absolutely no idea how a failed league one manager in Duffy deserved his chance tbh. If he wasn’t already at the club, everyone would have been fuming at him being appointed. 

It was yet another in what is becoming a long list of Smith mistakes. 

I don't want to sound obvious but it's not your players it's the management. Look at us, we sign an Ayr reject in Zanatta and he's been our best attacking player thus season, we sign Connolly a Falkirk reject who hardly played last season in the 1st and Berra who we were told was totally past it. All 3 under McGlynn have been fantastic. 

13 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

I don't want to sound obvious but it's not your players it's the management. Look at us, we sign an Ayr reject in Zanatta and he's been our best attacking player thus season, we sign Connolly a Falkirk reject who hardly played last season in the 1st and Berra who we were told was totally past it. All 3 under McGlynn have been fantastic. 

Last season, definitely. 

This season it is a mixture of both, some of our players are horrific. 

16 minutes ago, raith1974 said:

Totally true, Zanatta got the usual Ayr club "Bad attitude tag" believed by most of the fans and like others tagged like this Tiffoney for example they go on and stand out elsewhere....our club has the lazy stinking attitude from top to bottom I'm afraid. 

If Duffy has identified 3 or 4 good targets for January that are ready to sign as soon as the window opens then I'm more willing to keep him. Appointing a new manager would take 2/3 weeks and doesn't give them much time to assess the squad before the window opens and our players would probably win a couple of games to fool the new guy into thinking he doesn't need anyone. 

20 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

If Duffy has identified 3 or 4 good targets for January that are ready to sign as soon as the window opens then I'm more willing to keep him. Appointing a new manager would take 2/3 weeks and doesn't give them much time to assess the squad before the window opens and our players would probably win a couple of games to fool the new guy into thinking he doesn't need anyone. 

I’ll be amazed if this is the case. We will take weeks to do anything, and everyone will get increasingly fucked off.