The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

He left 10 minutes into today’s game , think that tells a story 

I had said last week that we didn't work hard enough out of possession. Today it became clear that many players didn't want to be on the pitch at all. I have never met Moffat but he does strike me as someone who is hard working and not a trouble maker, so if he is being treated badly by the manager it all points to some serious issues in the dressing room.

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kettlewell didn’t do enough to convince me he was a capable manager. Collins will no doubt have had offers since Hibs but I don’t think he’s interested or likely to come to Ayr

Terry Butcher is based down south now and hasn’t been involved in Scottish football for about 15 years 

Ray McKinnon?

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

I have never met Moffat

He's everything you'd hope a professional footballer for your team would be. 

Down to earth, driven, humble, cares for the club and forever grateful for the chance we gave him of senior football. 

Over 100 goals later and he's clearly being frozen out of a badly struggling team at a time when we need all the hunger and talent we can.

I just don't get it. 

Edited by BukyOHare

2 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

To be fair the only good news happening at the club is the Hub , nothing can change on the playing side until January , club have nothing positive to say on playing side 

It’s all about PR though, I’m not expecting Smith to be on B&W tv tonight, live streaming Duffys sacking and ripping up players contracts. But the club needs to spin news to make fans at least think that people in the club aren’t happy with results and that there is a plan to improve it. 
there is absolutely no evidence to suggest there is in the public domain.

with no news coming out of the club, folk are more likely to make stuff up. 

Supporters are starting to resent the Hub, cancelling AU500 subscriptions and if we didn’t sell 1000+ seasons, we’d be playing to 6-700 crowds, I expect the Albion Rovers crowd will be very low.

it isn’t working on or off the park and there is no obvious change. It just looks like arrogance. Building walls and secrecy rather than engaging supporters is only going to stop folk going back next year.  

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

He's everything you'd hope a professional footballer for your team would be. 

Driven, humble, cares for the club and forever grateful for the chance we gave him of senior football. 

Over 100 goals for the club and he's being frozen out of a badly struggling team when we need all the hunger and talent we can get. I don't get it. 

Sums up my thoughts on Moffat.  Can understand his anger/disappointment if he is fit and not even on the bench.  

Duffy out and McIntyre or Petrie in, they're the only 2 now we can possibly consider. 

Duffy steadied the ship in the interim period but doesn't have what it takes to push them any further and we're now regressing back to the tripe we were at the start of the season under Hopkin.

May aswell get someone in now instead of waiting until January as i'm of zero qualms that Duffy IS NOT the man to be in charge of a January rebuild. I'd be more tempted to go with McIntyre as he's experienced in this league and got a good record, however with what Billy Dodds is doing at Inverness you begin to wonder if Billy Dodds was the main reason behind McIntyre's success, just like with Hopkin and Martindale at Livingston.

Petrie continues to do wonders with Montrose but hasn't managed above league 1 level however if he continues to thrive that wouldn't phase him.

Smith has had his first shot of the hot seat and choosing HIS manager and it was a complete f**k up with Hopkin, everyone knew that before he was even confirmed. We just have to pray he has learned from his mistakes and makes up for it by getting it right second time around. 

8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

He left 10 minutes into today’s game , think that tells a story 

That’s got to be the straw that breaks the camels back with anyone who was still on the fence, surely.

For Duffy of course, not Moff. Moffat is undoubtedly more technically gifted and intelligent than anyone else in that squad. Sure his legs are going a bit but for him to be frozen out to this extent when our squad is so lacking in quality is unforgivable.

Just now, rb123! said:

Duffy out and McIntyre or Petrie in, they're the only 2 now we can possibly consider. 

Duffy steadied the ship in the interim period but doesn't have what it takes to push them any further and we're now regressing back to the tripe we were at the start of the season under Hopkin.

May aswell get someone in now instead of waiting until January as i'm of zero qualms that Duffy IS NOT the man to be in charge of a January rebuild. I'd be more tempted to go with McIntyre as he's experienced in this league and got a good record, however with what Billy Dodds is doing at Inverness you begin to wonder if Billy Dodds was the main reason behind McIntyre's success, just like with Hopkin and Martindale at Livingston.

Petrie continues to do wonders with Montrose but hasn't managed above league 1 level however if he continues to thrive that wouldn't phase him.

Smith has had his first shot of the hot seat and choosing HIS manager and it was a complete f**k up with Hopkin, everyone knew that before he was even confirmed. We just have to pray he has learned from his mistakes and makes up for it by getting it right second time around. 

Would need to be McIntyre , Petrie signed a 2/3 year new deal with Montrose during the week 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m not expecting Smith to be on B&W tv tonight, live streaming Duffys sacking and ripping up players contracts.

I'd pay good money to watch this. After 9pm, a sort of Black and White TV extra channel. 

The current squad come in 3 at a time to the boardroom where Davie Smith is sat next to Pandamonium. There follows a grilling on their overall performance. With the owner then ending it all with the pointy finger, "you're fired". 

No more than six in the rondos next week at training though..... 

Edited by BukyOHare

9 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

To be fair the only good news happening at the club is the Hub , nothing can change on the playing side until January , club have nothing positive to say on playing side 

Agree with that. However, I think the club need to make it clear we will be active in the January transfer window and funds are available to preserve our Championship status. 

If the current communication vacuum continues the atmosphere at games will only get worse and worse. Which serves no-one.

It isn’t even a choice between Moffat and Duffy. 

Get that fucking moron out of this club. Horrific appointment, and was clearly happy picking up a wage without a care in the world as Hopkin made an absolute shambles of everything. 

There is absolutely no chance I will be attending the Albion Rovers game, and I really hope others do likewise and it is a record low attendance. Thank f**k I don’t need to go anytime soon - I’m not even sure it is worth going with a season ticket already purchased. 

Edited by No_Problemo

1 minute ago, Rugbypark said:

I know we had a bad day today, but the delusion among the dabs is mind boggling. John Collins or Craig Levein coming for peanuts to manage in front of a few hundred diehards. FFS. Over 4000 home fans at Killie today.

tenor.gif.3198641aeeedfd0e5e2f732fa269d099.gif

4 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

I know we had a bad day today, but the delusion among the dabs is mind boggling. John Collins or Craig Levein coming for peanuts to manage in front of a few hundred diehards. FFS. Over 4000 home fans at Killie today.

Mate not tonight please. F*ck off. 

13 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Would need to be McIntyre

The thing is, we don't have to find the next Tuchel or Pochettino just someone who can get a squad of players to overachieve in what is a pretty average standard of professional football. 

You look at some of the managers at the top of our league:

Billy Dodds

Dick Campbell

John McGlynn

Not one person on here would have been hanging the bunting out for any of these guys had they been available over the years. All different, all with doubts raised over there managerial ability at various times no doubt but currently doing well and getting the job done. 

Let's get the best person in as soon as possible and get back to looking forward to our Saturdays again. This can't go on much longer. 

Edited by BukyOHare