The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

19 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think so. As bad as our squad is, and it undoubtedly is, it is clearly being setup to contain and not to lose. They're lacking in confidence, leadership on and off the field and a belief in being able to win matches. 

There is no doubt in my mind that a manager, such as Yogi, could get more from them. 

Let's limp through to January and see where we are in the league then. 

I just don’t see who you are looking at.  I like Muirhead (as a centre back), Reading, McAdams and the guy who isn’t even good enough to make the match day squad, but the rest are awful.  I’ve defended and tried to keep the faith with Murdoch, but his knee injury has taken a half yard out his game and there is no sign of it returning.  I really do struggle to see anything else we can build around.

21 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On a slightly different note, spare a thought for Declan McDaid, who has strategically manoeuvred his way back into Ayr's future targets by installing himself in an absolutely rank League One team who will miss the playoffs again this season.

He didn't even get on today. 🤣

11 minutes ago, Highlandmagyar Tier 3 said:

Must admit, I was surprised how bad you were against us and I don't think we are anything special. Could be a long dark winter for you boys! Hard to see ,if you sack Duffy, who you would get in to sort it, even for just this season.

If we sack Duffy, it’ll be 2 managers in about 30 league games. Anyone looking at the job will think it is a thankless task.

Duffy looked a safe pair of hands but since he was made permanent, it’s been down hill. No team has to work hard to beat us and we have just stopped attacking.

We need someone to lift the place and I don’t see a lot of names that could shake the club up, but short term there will be someone, but f**k knows who. 

1 minute ago, stevep56 said:

Can anyone remember - has Jim Duffy brought in any players himself or has he just relied on the Hopkin squad?

Despite him and the chairman both acknowledging we needed to strengthen. Particularly in the center of midfield. We signed sweet f**k all and opted to limp on with the squad of dross assembled by the ginger longball windbag. I'm actually more angry with Smith than Duffy. He has presided over this car crash.

19 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I just don’t see who you are looking at.  I like Muirhead (as a centre back), Reading, McAdams and the guy who isn’t even good enough to make the match day squad, but the rest are awful.  I’ve defended and tried to keep the faith with Murdoch, but his knee injury has taken a half yard out his game and there is no sign of it returning.  I really do struggle to see anything else we can build around.

Definitely the 3 you've mentioned but add in O'Connor, Maxwell and Bradley. All capable players if playing positive football, playing to at least have a go at teams. To keep possession and not be part of a reactive back to the wall performance for 90 minutes. 

When teams are setup not to lose and not playing to the individuals strengths then we're on a losing battle before a ball has even been kicked. 

That's on the manager. I don't see any real change of formation or emphasis during the game, when we're winning or losing. That's on the manager. 

His hands are tied, I get that. As gas previously been mentioned I still don't know how Moffat can't have more of a part to play in this team. 

Murdoch has previously been lauded on here as looking as good post injury, in flashes this season. In the right team he'd be a decent Championship player. 

In short, there's a nucleus of a squad there that a half decent manager could get us through to January with comfortably enough. 

Edited by BukyOHare

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

It’s hard to see many decent mangers wanting to touch us with a barge pole. We’ve become a basket case club and anyone will be well aware how bad the squad is.

There aren't that many full time clubs in the country, we shouldn't sell ourselves short. We should be an attractive proposition for the right manager. 

The worry I'd actually have is the club being able to properly sell itself and identifying the right calibre of manager. 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Cue Callum's opening question on Black and White TV in his typically understated style:

"So Jim, you must bitterly disappointed with that result today?" 

You've nailed it.

I'm sure there was one post match interview that bawheid didn't do. I think it was a younger guy and he actually questioned McCall's decisions. I can't remember the game but I remember McCall did not enjoy it. Get that guy back!

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Despite him and the chairman both acknowledging we needed to strengthen. Particularly in the center of midfield. We signed sweet f**k all and opted to limp on with the squad of dross assembled by the ginger longball windbag. I'm actually more angry with Smith than Duffy. He has presided over this car crash.

I'm on the same boat. There aren't many managers that could fix this mess. The only one I could think of is John Robertson but I'm sure he'd have the sense to run away from the job opportunity.

8 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'd agree 100% with that tonight. I wouldn't text him to let him know right enough. 😉

1 minute ago, Cardle is Magic said:

Staggered at how bad you lot were today. Easiest Pars win in years.

Giving Duffy the job was mental at the time tbh but even worse in hindsight.

It wasn’t at the time, he’d done a full 180 on Hopkins results and performances. Little did we know there was a second 180 on the horizon. 

None of us were happy with Duffys appointment but after the initial games he earned the opportunity and most fans could see that. 
I’m not sure if he’s just not interested any more and is taking Ayr for mugs for a few months. Once the ink was dry on his contract, results took a nosedive. 

Just now, UpInTheAyr said:

Geggan or Higgins back in at...some capacity at the club, now or in January to do....something. Just thinking about possible options with next to no money available.

He was dead to me after that Talbot game. I don't want him anywhere near this club.