The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You are kidding yourself I’m afraid

I don't think so. As bad as our squad is, and it undoubtedly is, it is clearly being setup to contain and not to lose. They're lacking in confidence, leadership on and off the field and a belief in being able to win matches. 

There is no doubt in my mind that a manager, such as Yogi, could get more from them. 

Let's limp through to January and see where we are in the league then. 

A truly atrocious game. The best part of the day was our lunch beforehand and that was only mediocre.

I sympathise with Jim Duffy over the unbalanced squad he's inherited, but there's absolutely no justification for not naming Moff on the bench - I understand Moff was fully fit! Why do McGinty and Salkeld get onto the bench before Moff? The game was calling out for Moff's composure and ability to keep the ball up.

Jim Duffy needs to keep the dressing room on board and by excluding Moff, he is not going to achieve that.

The only positives were seeing Muirhead and O'Connor back on the pitch.

Unless we have some magic in the January transfer window, I fear we are for the drop. 

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I don't think so. As bad as our squad is, and it undoubtedly is, it is clearly being setup to contain and not to lose.

When Hopkin tried that with this collection of chancers it so obviously didn't work that famous non-innovator Jim Duffy realised it and changed it.

Has a team which has rapidly become accustomed to getting hounded 3- and 4-0 every game ever went "here's an idea, let's stop trying to score" and had it work out for them?

5 minutes ago, stevep56 said:

Could we just not bring Dick Campbell and his team in to replace our whole squad.  They seemed to do ok today.  🤨

I did enjoy seeing that result. It made today slightly less shit.

The Championship is where the entertainment is. 2 points seperates the top 5 and 1 point separates the bottom 5. It's nuts.

We are absolutely going down. That was completely gutless, no effort at all. Not one of them look like they want to be there. Could excuse the lack of quality as this is clearly a shite, unbalanced squad, but there's absolutely no fight or desire in this lot. What a sad state of affairs.

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The Championship is where the entertainment is. 2 points seperates the top 5 and 1 point separates the bottom 5.

More teams than usual are absolute garbage. That doesn't mean it's fun to watch them.

3 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

sign 6-7 players in January to make sure we stay up

We should be looking at available players just now. Paul Watson is the only one I could think of that Ayr could get on a free. 

Honestly, I can't think of a player in their right mind would come anywhere near us at the minute.

On a slightly different note, spare a thought for Declan McDaid, who has strategically manoeuvred his way back into Ayr's future targets by installing himself in an absolutely rank League One team who will miss the playoffs again this season.

2 minutes ago, Thumper said:

On a slightly different note, spare a thought for Declan McDaid, who has strategically manoeuvred his way back into Ayr's future targets by installing himself in an absolutely rank League One team who will miss the playoffs again this season.

Stop being silly! Ayr united playing a wide player!?