The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Absolute mince this afternoon. No width again, 2 dimensional in midfield.

After 25 minutes I predict we will concede at least 2 more and will not have a shot at goal.

zero lessons learned from last week. 

I'm currently going daft. This is a total shambles. Possibly the worst Ayr United team I've seen since Mark Roberts era. 

Another goal!? This is a joke! Seriously!?

Edited by Roxanne's man

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Smith has fucked this up again

The guy claims to be a fan of Ayr united. How can he watch this knowing he's chairman of the club? Yes, the hub looks great but this is total bollocks. If he is serious about running the club, the onfield stuff needs to be changed imminently.

Get rid of the Hopkin Dregs and open the wallet for semi-decent players. Get a decent long term manager and most importantly, play f*cking football. We should be reveling in the fact we have K*llie in the league, not getting relegated while they're there.

Looks like Relegation stripes worn right enough 😡

Edited by Roxanne's man

I think Smith needs to get a DOF or Sporting director in because his decisions on the “football” side of things have been hopeless. Even if we were to get rid of Duffy/the majority of this gang of jobbers on the pitch, I really don’t have much confidence he will get anyone competent in.

2 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Glad I'm not watching it.

Certainly adds weight to the story I heard a few weeks ago that the players didn't want Duffy as he was just more of the same. Pretty decent source as well. 

Got sent this yesterday as well...even if it's no true it's right

Screenshot_20211119-185908_Facebook.jpg

Dumbarton and Morton fans did warn us that Duffy and Hopkin were cut from the same shite cloth.

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

The guy claims to be a fan of Ayr united. How can he watch this knowing he's chairman of the club?

I don’t think he hired Duffy knowing he’d be shite.

he may still be paying Hopkins for the next 18 months and Duffy was the cheap option to compensate that.

Or Duffy managed to convince him he was the right man for the job.

either way, we are going down at this rate.

You can blame Hopkin for brutal recruitment but we didn’t bring in additional midfielders when we needed them and today we are playing 3 up front, Afolabi looks like he’s won a competition to play in a charity game.  O’Conner is playing through the middle and I don’t think McKenzie has been told where to play. 

no wide players mean the full backs are exposed and the only out ball is to Afolabi, who hasn’t managed to control a ball in the last 10 games. Duffy has set us up to play like this for the last 3 games and it still hasn’t worked.

Get him out. This must be the most expensive fuckup in Ayrs history. We finally get a chairman with money, willing to invest in the future of the club and he is making a total arse of it.

Cameron made mistakes to begin with but he never funded a full time team and none were as bad as Hopkin and now Duffys full time efforts. 
I’d like to think that the players got a roasting at half time but as we saw last week, it won’t work