The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I don't think we can piss about with the next appointment, 3 bad appointments in a row has been an issue. 

Ideally, someone can come in now who has experience , Have the January window to bring players in short term and start looking at pre-contracts for next season. 

I am sure McCall will already have chapped a few doors for next season. At this rate, we will still be waiting on the elusive new midfielder in August next year. 

Arguably it could be 4 bad appointments in a row, if you include Kerr (sorry wuffster) 

right first time posting ever in here after making it an account and doing nothing with it for years.

does anyone know how Michael Miller is doing at Stenny? i've felt without Muirhead we have a lack of real defensive midfielders and yeah he's playing League 2 football but he could do with the extra cover no? 

7 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

right first time posting ever in here after making it an account and doing nothing with it for years.

does anyone know how Michael Miller is doing at Stenny? i've felt without Muirhead we have a lack of real defensive midfielders and yeah he's playing League 2 football but he could do with the extra cover no? 

No idea, but it is pretty hilarious that he was sent out on loan when we have no midfielders. 

8 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

They've won their last 5 (4 league + 1 cup) after a pretty rough start, so obviously starting to go pretty well. AUAL asked on their thread the other day, seems to be going pretty well and viewed as a major part of the turnaround. 

8 hours ago, muZZa__44 said:

Think he’s been playing most of his games at RB. He was a bit of a Bon scare in midfield for us however I’d probs have him next to murdoch instead of slow joe. 

23 minutes ago, Rossco500 said:

Think he’s been playing most of his games at RB. He was a bit of a Bon scare in midfield for us however I’d probs have him next to murdoch instead of slow joe. 

When he came to us the Raith fans said he was better at RB, but could fill in in midfield if needed, so we just played him in midfield.

TBF he did OK as a holding midfielder. Back when you could only have 3 or 5 subs he was ideal for the bench as he was OK at a lot of positions. Now its 7 not so much

Of the current team, I’d definitely retain Murdoch, Reading, Muirhead and McAdams.  If there is a possibility of signing Maxwell on a permanent deal, I’d take that too.  Tough to judge O’Connor given how few games he’s played, but I’m optimistic he has something to offer.  The rest can go.  

The only slight snag is that Murdoch, Reading and Muirhead will almost certainly get better offers elsewhere.  If Partick are still doing well in January, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Muirhead sign a pre-contract with McCall offering a nominal fee to make the move immediately.

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Of the current team, I’d definitely retain Murdoch, Reading, Muirhead and McAdams.  If there is a possibility of signing Maxwell on a permanent deal, I’d take that too.  Tough to judge O’Connor given how few games he’s played, but I’m optimistic he has something to offer.  The rest can go.  

The only slight snag is that Murdoch, Reading and Muirhead will almost certainly get better offers elsewhere.  If Partick are still doing well in January, I wouldn’t be at all surprised to see Muirhead sign a pre-contract with McCall offering a nominal fee to make the move immediately.

Not with you on Maxwell, jury is still out for me. I prefer Bradley personally, but it is hard to really judge either with how poor those around them have become. 

Just now, Hawk89 said:

Not with you on Maxwell, jury is still out for me. I prefer Bradley personally, but it is hard to really judge either with how poor those around them have become. 

Maxwell looks a good player to me.  Not sure where his best position is right enough.  Another player who needs to settle somewhere and develop there rather than getting lost in the old firm youth development factory where he is just drifting through loan periods.  

Maxwell could be a great player if he was switched on for 90 minutes. His decision making let’s him down a lot. 

He’s a very frustrating player, his brilliance often overshadows his mistakes but often, like Saturday, it is the other way round. I don’t think he’ll trouble the Rangers first team, not for a while anyway. Kelly was a more mature player when he was at Ayr and he’s not close to the first team. 
He is a  more than capable top end championship lower end premier quality player currently. 

If he was Ayrs player, I’d probably be more forgiving of his mistakes and hope that he can be coached into making better choices like passing at the right time. 
if he became available then I’d be hoping we would keep him. 

I think we all need to remember that we have played Maxwell absolutely everywhere except for his actual position. Attacking from midfield is a completely different skill, compared to what he is used to as a full back. 

Back to Miller again, I think he would most likely be a more solid option that McAllister at RB too. 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Aye this is it for me. This squad is so poor that it's led to me the opinion that I want to see the back of all of them. There may well be a couple of them that go on to do better things but in this team the lot of them are just not good enough. Right now I want a huge clear out and rebuild but that's probably quite unlikely.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

think we all need to remember that we have played Maxwell absolutely everywhere except for his actual position

I think this is a problem for many of the players. Being played out of position 😐. Would they be more effective in their favoured position? Maybe. Though you'd have to be playing daft tactics for it to work for every player.

Muirhead isn't bad in midfield  Chalmers can apparently play left back. Moffat might be effective as a midfielder finding passes. At the end of the day, it's up to the management.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cant decide which calendar I want. The unofficial one seems to just have pics of this season's squad and let be honest, come May half of them will be away. The cover looks smart as fck though 

Heard that more money goes to the club from the unofficial one than the official one and that about sums up the current Ayr United perfectly. 

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

No idea, but it is pretty hilarious that he was sent out on loan when we have no midfielders. 

He actually left due to University pressures and was unable to train during the days along with a work placement , was not worth holding onto a player who could not make any training sessions and was looking only for a part time role 

38 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Heard that more money goes to the club from the unofficial one than the official one and that about sums up the current Ayr United perfectly. 

Looking at what we are getting , I find that hard to believe 

Edited by Finlay21