The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Smith’s reply and in general supportive responses from people who know him personally isn’t that big a deal as I’m not sure what directly tweeting him criticism would accomplish. However some replies did come across as if the fans don’t have a right to be unhappy right now/ever which I’d take exception to.  

At the end of the day we’re all Ayr fans and only want a successful club and there is valid reasons to have concerns with how the last 12 months has went. I don’t imagine any of us are currently sitting at home wishing we get relegated just so they can turn around and say they told you so.

The point is people are making a big deal on his tweet , all he said was you should see my phone after a defeat , what’s wrong with that ? He never said it was wrong or complained about any tweets , people making a mountain out of a molehill , it’s the same with the number of people moaning about the hub being built when we don’t have a decent team on the pitch , don’t they realise the profits from the hub will help the playing budget and it’s what they have wanted for years 

Edited by Finlay21

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

His phone number is not out there , they reply to his and the clubs Twitter account , the fans complaining about that tweet really need to get a life , all he said in reply to a post on social media was you should see my phone when we lose , some people are really easily offended these day's, 

Including the owner apparently.

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

The point is people are making a big deal on his tweet , all he said was you should see my phone after a defeat , what’s wrong with that ? He never said it was wrong or complained about any tweets , people making a mountain out of a molehill , 

It's because it appears that he's trying to rubbish fans views as if it's ludicrous that anyone should be complaining about the mess that we are in (that's mostly his fault btw).  

I've had him blocked for months so didn't see it but I've read it for myself there before replying.  

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The point is people are making a big deal on his tweet , all he said was you should see my phone after a defeat , what’s wrong with that ? He never said it was wrong or complained about any tweets , people making a mountain out of a molehill , 

It was a reply to a tweet that was suggesting just that and that is the problem. 

Too many people at the club are giving off an arrogant air that fans will just complain all the time, suggesting there is nothing to complain about. 

In other news, we are on our third manager in 12 months and haven't won in 5 games and are breaking all kinds of club records for being awful. 

If the only tweets that the chairman makes or replies to are either about the hub or fans complaining, he needs better PR training. 

Anyone abusing or hassling the chairman on social media or in real life for the performance of the team need a talking to. 

With that said, the chairman has to be held accountable and have an open dialogue with fans, much like Lachlan Cameron did.

The club has become a secret organisation in recent months, at a time when fans are angry and disappointed. Cameron and McCall could take the emotion out of things and calm fans down. The wall of silence that has gone up has caused most of the frustration and anger and has driven a divide between the club and supporters. If Smith is thin skinned, then he needs someone to be in the firing line, a director of football type that is the face of the club. 

Just seen the tweet and don't exactly see the issue, was more tongue and cheek which yes, to save any of this would have probably been better over a private message.

However in modern day society it's part and parcel unfortunately with social media interaction with supporters, if he doesn't like it easiest thing for Smith to do would be make his twitter private and that would be that. 

Mountain out of a molehill if you ask me

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Just seen the tweet and don't exactly see the issue, was more tongue and cheek which yes, to save any of this would have probably been better over a private message.

However in modern day society it's part and parcel unfortunately with social media interaction with supporters, if he doesn't like it easiest thing for Smith to do would be make his twitter private and that would be that. 

Mountain out of a molehill if you ask me

It probably is. The over riding issue that is causing frustration (IMO) is that the engagement with fans over the past few months has been absolutely disgraceful. It’s genuinely baffling. 

31 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

The point is people are making a big deal on his tweet , all he said was you should see my phone after a defeat , what’s wrong with that ? He never said it was wrong or complained about any tweets , people making a mountain out of a molehill , it’s the same with the number of people moaning about the hub being built when we don’t have a decent team on the pitch , don’t they realise the profits from the hub will help the playing budget and it’s what they have wanted for years 

Nothing, as I said in my original post I don't think Smith's tweet was a big deal or even people defending him like yourself who probably know him a bit better than a lot of us on here. Maybe for context it might be easier to comment knowing whether or not he was referring to tweets sent directly to him or to the club's official account where people are maybe more likely to vent without considering who is actually reading them. Either way personal abuse is unnecessary.

However IMO it does come across at times, before even Smith bought the club, that where criticism of the club is concerned whether that be regarding results on the park, managers, the streaming issues, B&W TV, communication etc. that fans opinions are either belittled or ignored. Other people can disagree with that view if they want, I won't get offended.

FWIW I don't disagree with your hub comment given it's being built out of the chairman's own pocket.

The Ayrshire post will carry an interview with Duffy this week, Where he will talk about disappointment and luck, wont say anything of note, there will be a few pointless updates on injuries that will bear no relation to who will be available on the Saturday. 

What it needs to be is, Unacceptable, working hard in training. One or two need to consider if they want to be playing at this level etc. 

Then about gaps in the squad, looking at players, hopefully going to watch a couple of players in the next couple of weeks, working on some things. 

Give the fans hope that there is some movement and the squad needs a shake. 

Currently what we know

Smith wants a manager long term, to be here beyond the end of the season, so appoints Duffy, a man who said he didn't want to manage again. He was appointed until.....the end of the season

We need a midfielder in and are working on it. 

Muirhead was ill for the Kilmarnock game but played, hasn't been seen since. 

Hewitt was injured and was then pictured on a hospital bed several weeks later, the first anyone knew the severity of his injury. 

The match stream of the Inverness game cut out with 10 minutes to go, the club tweeted several days later to say they know there was an issue and are investigating. 

We have won 5 league games in 9(nine) months.

and fickle fans have a cheek to moan after every defeat. 

I can honestly say the last 20 or so months following Ayr has been the worst of my life, and I went to games when Scott Chaplain et all were playing. Dont know if it's not having my old man there, or the whole covid situation but im beginning to find it a chore going to games. Seems as well there is a drama every game off field be it fans being morons or some social media spat. Utterly scunnering and that's without taking into account the dross that we're being served up on the pitch

Edited by Thereisalight..

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Remember we scudded Partick in McCalls first game back at Somerset (iirc)? Hard to believe that was only 2 years ago. Kerr should never have been appointed and we've went from one clusterfck to another. 

(my emphasis) Bore off you tedious tit.

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Remember we scudded Partick in McCalls first game back at Somerset (iirc)? Hard to believe that was only 2 years ago. Kerr should never have been appointed and we've went from one clusterfck to another. 

Who was the manager in the game you mention? 

2 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

The Ayrshire post will carry an interview with Duffy this week, Where he will talk about disappointment and luck, wont say anything of note, there will be a few pointless updates on injuries that will bear no relation to who will be available on the Saturday. 

What it needs to be is, Unacceptable, working hard in training. One or two need to consider if they want to be playing at this level etc. 

Then about gaps in the squad, looking at players, hopefully going to watch a couple of players in the next couple of weeks, working on some things. 

Give the fans hope that there is some movement and the squad needs a shake. 

Currently what we know

Smith wants a manager long term, to be here beyond the end of the season, so appoints Duffy, a man who said he didn't want to manage again. He was appointed until.....the end of the season

We need a midfielder in and are working on it. 

Muirhead was ill for the Kilmarnock game but played, hasn't been seen since. 

Hewitt was injured and was then pictured on a hospital bed several weeks later, the first anyone knew the severity of his injury. 

The match stream of the Inverness game cut out with 10 minutes to go, the club tweeted several days later to say they know there was an issue and are investigating. 

We have won 5 league games in 9(nine) months.

and fickle fans have a cheek to moan after every defeat. 

Are we looking for a midfielder??

The situation we are in just now has nothing at all to do with Kerr. Talking about him in the same vain as Smith and Hopkin's numerous f**k ups is just wrong. 

Appointing Hopkin and allowing him to build this fucking bin fire of a squad is the issue. 

19 minutes ago, AuAl said:

The situation we are in just now has nothing at all to do with Kerr. Talking about him in the same vain as Smith and Hopkin's numerous f**k ups is just wrong. 

Appointing Hopkin and allowing him to build this fucking bin fire of a squad is the issue. 

But if Mark Kerr done his job properly then we wouldn't have had Hopkin as manager.