The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

As soon as Partick scored yesterday you just felt there was no way back for us. There was an inevitability that we were going to lose. 

A deflected free kick can go anywhere, but to lose in the manner we did is extremely worrying. It's clear there's a fragility and lack of confidence throughout the team and especially without having Muirhead in there kicking backsides when it's needed. 

I just fail to see what we're trying to do in terms of tactics and an overall style of play. I watched yesterday's game and we're just too easy to play against. We're too predictable and teams don't have to do an awful lot to get 3 points against us currently. That just has to change. With some big games coming up in the next few weeks it's time for players and the management to step up. 

On the subject of the management, there's no point in  wishing for changes, Dave Smith has clearly decided we've got what we've got and it's going to have to get us through to January when we get the chance to restock with whatever is out there. 

Its never dull being an Ayr fan. 

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

As soon as Partick scored yesterday you just felt there was no way back for us. There was an inevitability that we were going to lose. 

A deflected free kick can go anywhere, but to lose in the manner we did is extremely worrying. It's clear there's a fragility and lack of confidence throughout the team and especially without having Muirhead in there kicking backsides when it's needed. 

I just fail to see what we're trying to do in terms of tactics and an overall style of play. I watched yesterday's game and we're just too easy to play against. We're too predictable and teams don't have to do an awful lot to get 3 points against us currently. That just has to change. With some big games coming up in the next few weeks it's time for players and the management to step up. 

On the subject of the management, there's no point in  wishing for changes, Dave Smith has clearly decided we've got what we've got and it's going to have to get us through to January when we get the chance to restock with whatever is out there. 

I thought Duffy's post match comments were pretty accurate, to be fair to him. First goal was unlucky but ultimately caused by the wall so was avoidable, and the second goal was absolutely Baird's fault for switching off.

It will be interesting to see what Duffy does now. Apart from the individual errors yesterday, we didn't work hard enough out of possession (unlike Thistle) and our strikers were poor. He should be able to fix the lack of effort, even if we are lacking talent.

I don't understand why he took off McKenzie rather than Adeloye. At least McKenzie was working hard, although he missed an absolute sitter.

Any word on when Muirhead will be fit?

David Smith replied to a tweet saying you should see his phone re messages after a defeat. He shouldn’t be getting them, but he also shouldn’t be acknowledging it, needs to get on with it. 

As for the situation we’re in, I’ll probably not bother with another match this calendar year, it’s not worth the money or effort to get along. Someone mentioned it before, but there’s no actual style of play. We do need players in, but also need to ship players out. McAdams, Albinson, Reading, Murdoch and Muirhead, Hewitt, O’Connor and McKenzie are the only ones I’d want to see here next season. 

14 minutes ago, rgreig said:

He should be able to fix the lack of effort, even if we are lacking talent.

It's been the same for the last 4 games. Only playing in spells and not troubling the opposition when they have possession. We often retreat when we don't have the ball which I find infuriating.

11 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

We do need players in, but also need to ship players out. McAdams, Albinson, Reading, Murdoch and Muirhead, Hewitt, O’Connor and McKenzie are the only ones I’d want to see here next season. 

Can't disagree with that list. I still think Daire needs to do a bit more for me we've barely seen him due to the injury. What's happened to Hewitt as well?

Edited by Trogdor

Fjortoft straight down the tunnel at full time kind of sums things up as well. No point in throwing the proverbial hissy drama at full time when you've got a previous 90+ minutes to do something about it. 

I get the impression too many are pointing the finger of blame at anybody but themselves. It doesn't look a happy camp, that's for definite. 

16 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

David Smith replied to a tweet saying you should see his phone re messages after a defeat.

His mobile phone number surely shouldn't be out in public for any random to contact him anyway. Basic stuff that kind of sums up all that's currently going wrong

If he can't get things like this right what chance have we actually got? 

4 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

His mobile phone number surely shouldn't be out in public for any random to contact him anyway. Basic stuff that kind of sums up all that's currently going wrong

If he can't get things like this right what chance have we actually got? 

His phone number is not out there , they reply to his and the clubs Twitter account , the fans complaining about that tweet really need to get a life , all he said in reply to a post on social media was you should see my phone when we lose , some people are really easily offended these day's, 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I was about to say the same thing. If his number is readily available he should change it and only give it out to his family, friends and business contacts.

Although he was replying to someone commenting on social media so maybe he gets 'tagged' into a lot of crap that goes to his phone?

I just read some of it - have we only had 3 home wins this calendar year? Someone said that which seems extreme but will be contributing to our shocking home attendances.

50 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

David Smith replied to a tweet saying you should see his phone re messages after a defeat. He shouldn’t be getting them, but he also shouldn’t be acknowledging it, needs to get on with it. 

As for the situation we’re in, I’ll probably not bother with another match this calendar year, it’s not worth the money or effort to get along. Someone mentioned it before, but there’s no actual style of play. We do need players in, but also need to ship players out. McAdams, Albinson, Reading, Murdoch and Muirhead, Hewitt, O’Connor and McKenzie are the only ones I’d want to see here next season. 

28 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

His phone number is not out there , they reply to his Twitter account , the fans complaining about that tweet really need to get a life , all he said in reply to a post on social media was you should see my phone when we lose , some people are really easily offended these days 

The tweet he replied to was making a comment about fans moaning after a defeat, suggesting that they either have no right or are overreacting, He makes a joke about the messages he gets after a defeat. 

The team had just been walked over by Thistle at home in one of the worst performances in some time. 

To suggest that fans shouldn't be angry is precisely the issue that has been highlighted here, the concern that some people don't see it as that bad or that fans have no right to criticise what is happening. A poster on here was contacted directly about criticism a few short months ago.

At worst it is incredibly arrogant and at best it is tone deaf. 

Edited by diegomarahenry
worst=best

This is how bad its gotten for me...

I was thinking earlier on that relegation maybe wouldn't be so bad. I was trying to take the 'one step back to take two steps forward' approach. I quickly snapped out of it but I'm thoroughly depressed at the moment. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The tweet he replied to was making a comment about fans moaning after a defeat, suggesting that they either have no right or are overreacting, He makes a joke about the messages he gets after a defeat. 

The team had just been walked over by Thistle at home in one of the worst performances in some time. 

To suggest that fans shouldn't be angry is precisely the issue that has been highlighted here, the concern that some people don't see it as that bad or that fans have no right to criticise what is happening. A poster on here was contacted directly about criticism a few short months ago.

At worst it is incredibly arrogant and at worst it is tone deaf. 

To add to this I did notice one particular guy abusing anyone on that Twitter post who was being remotely critical - he was of course followed on Twitter by the chairman. 

Smith’s reply and in general supportive responses from people who know him personally isn’t that big a deal as I’m not sure what directly tweeting him criticism would accomplish. However some replies did come across as if the fans don’t have a right to be unhappy right now/ever which I’d take exception to.  

At the end of the day we’re all Ayr fans and only want a successful club and there is valid reasons to have concerns with how the last 12 months has went. I don’t imagine any of us are currently sitting at home wishing we get relegated just so they can turn around and say they told you so.