The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

21 hours ago, rb123! said:

Petrie is the only one i'd merely consider from the league below and his contract isn't up until 2023 so there'd be no difference to going with him now or waiting to approach in the summer. 

Not entirely sure who else you'd look at currently employed and say "i want him", Dick Campbell wouldn't entertain us, same for John Robertson i'd of thought, McCall won't come back and there's nobody really doing a punching above their weight job in the premiership. 

Puts you down the kind of inexperienced ex-players looking to get into management which going by our record of Kerr and Roberts has been nothing short of a disaster. James McFadden could be interesting, would either be a masterstroke or disaster IMO.

Stuart Kettlewell/Peter Houston could be posibillity, realistically Petrie, Robertson, McFadden, Kettlewell would be the only 4 i'd consider

SOS Kettlewell or Petrie

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve been looking forward to the New Year game against them since the fixtures were announced. I’m now at the point that I’m not sure if I even want to go, an awful state of affairs this season. 

Same. Fcking cant be arsed with it being on a Sunday as well. Transport will be a ballache, that's even before we start on on field matters 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Went downhill the minute he got the job permanent 

That’s slightly unfair. He’s improved us since Hopkin left. We didn’t look a below average championship team when Hopkin left, Duffy has almost achieved that.  We have rescued draws from losing positions several times that we would have lost under Hopkin.

Today was a return to the Hopkin era though. Conceded 2 easy goals and the game by half time. 

His comments after the game were also a return to the Hopkin era, we deserve criticism tonight. Bit late for trying to make amends, it could have been fixed at half time but it didn’t look like they bothered their arse

30 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Can't be any worse than David Fucking Hopkin 

Mark Roberts couldn’t  be worse than Hopkin but I wouldn’t want him as manager. 

Kettlewell took a relegated team and got them promoted, with the biggest budget in the league while being a co-manager. I don’t mean to write him off but there would be a great deal of risk in appointing him based on a promotion with county 

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is it just me who has no idea what we are actually trying to do in games? We seem devoid of all ideas and creativity in the final third. That was as grim a game as I can remember. Fucking horrendous.

We played 3 up front, Adeloye and Afolabi were poor in different ways and McKenzie did well with no movement from the other two. Not sure where Maxwell was supposed to be playing but he managed to have his worst game today. 

Bradley, O’Conner and Maxwell are a better support for one up front but I doubt that would have worked today based on how flat everything was. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We played 3 up front, Adeloye and Afolabi were poor in different ways and McKenzie did well with no movement from the other two. Not sure where Maxwell was supposed to be playing but he managed to have his worst game today. 

I assume Maxwell was meant to be wide right? We were ridiculously lopsided. McAllister also had his worse game. I'd genuinely consider Houston starting that's how bad he was. I don't think he successfully passed to an Ayr player once.

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

McAllister also had his worse game. I'd genuinely consider Houston starting that's how bad he was. I don't think he successfully passed to an Ayr player once.

You could see he was getting frustrated. Shouting at teammates after every mistake. He probably had more touches than any other Ayr player and did the least. 

24 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is it just me who has no idea what we are actually trying to do in games? We seem devoid of all ideas and creativity in the final third. That was as grim a game as I can remember. Fucking horrendous.

Aye there doesn't seem to be any direction or clear plan in games. Today was the prime example of nothing connecting and everything looking so disorganised. They look like they don't know each other, completely lacking in communication and understanding at times.

I can't work out if there is no plan put on the pitch from the manager, or if this lot are just so inept that they can't work effectively. A truly shambolic squad.

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

Was pretty much level with Adeloye in when the second went in, he just looked utterly scunnered. Can't blame him, he's clearly comfortable at this level and really could offer us something, but we just don't offer him anything. 

If this is remotely true then Adeloye can GTF immediately.  No way has he done enough to warrant a prima donna attitude.  Take away the selfies, the badge kissing and a handful of tap ins at the start of the season, he’s done little in an Ayr jersey to justify the amount of smoke that’s been blown up his arse.  It was always a concern to me that he has had so many clubs for a 25 year old (I make it 11 in five years if the online stats are correct), and maybe we are beginning to see why he never seems to last anywhere.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

I’ve been looking forward to the New Year game against them since the fixtures were announced. I’m now at the point that I’m not sure if I even want to go, an awful state of affairs this season. 

Come up anyway.

You're always welcome.

Just remember that you cant be any worse than the earlier game, which was pretty poor TBH.

We're not that good just now and I think we can all look forward to another derby classic....😜

8 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Come up anyway.

You're always welcome.

Just remember that you cant be any worse than the earlier game, which was pretty poor TBH.

We're not that good just now and I think we can all look forward to another derby classic....😜

Haha, we certainly can’t offer less than we did during that game - we can definitely lose more goals though!