The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Robertson last managed a team that finished just above us and Levein is currently at Brechin so neither are exactly out of our league. 
the problem with them is location. Robertson in particular isn’t likely to uproot for what Ayr would pay him, considering he could trouser a salary in Inverness for the medium term.

I said they were unlikely. But there is no way either are unrealistic if they were Glasgow based.  

So unrealistic then. Along with Petrie, before that name get's brought back up.

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

We'll have to agree to disagree. For me Ian Murray is not the answer. His success at this level was with part time Dumbarton 7/8 seasons ago now.

I agree wrt. Smith. In hindsight, the Hopkin appointment was a result of naivety. I imagine he's learnt a lot from going through it and should be more thorough and careful next time round.

Of equal, if not more importance, is the backroom team that any new manager would bring with them. That can make a huge difference at our level.

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

So unrealistic then. Along with Petrie, before that name get's brought back up.

Petrie will struggle to get a full time job if he doesn’t relocated of have a long commute. He signed a new deal recently so I doubt he’ll go anywhere for a while. 

We need a manager with experience but also one young enough to have the desire to make a name for themselves.
Hopefully Duffy can work with them to keep them right. I see Murphy as a good fit in to that set-up but again, location may be a stumbling block for him. Coming up a couple of days a week is one thing when he was a player.  

Petrie is the only one i'd merely consider from the league below and his contract isn't up until 2023 so there'd be no difference to going with him now or waiting to approach in the summer. 

Not entirely sure who else you'd look at currently employed and say "i want him", Dick Campbell wouldn't entertain us, same for John Robertson i'd of thought, McCall won't come back and there's nobody really doing a punching above their weight job in the premiership. 

Puts you down the kind of inexperienced ex-players looking to get into management which going by our record of Kerr and Roberts has been nothing short of a disaster. James McFadden could be interesting, would either be a masterstroke or disaster IMO.

Stuart Kettlewell/Peter Houston could be posibillity, realistically Petrie, Robertson, McFadden, Kettlewell would be the only 4 i'd consider

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Petrie is the only one i'd merely consider from the league below and his contract isn't up until 2023 so there'd be no difference to going with him now or waiting to approach in the summer. 

Not entirely sure who else you'd look at currently employed and say "i want him", Dick Campbell wouldn't entertain us, same for John Robertson i'd of thought, McCall won't come back and there's nobody really doing a punching above their weight job in the premiership. 

Puts you down the kind of inexperienced ex-players looking to get into management which going by our record of Kerr and Roberts has been nothing short of a disaster. James McFadden could be interesting, would either be a masterstroke or disaster IMO.

Stuart Kettlewell/Peter Houston could be posibillity, realistically Petrie, Robertson, McFadden, Kettlewell would be the only 4 i'd consider

Kettlewell seemed to do better as a co-manager with Ferguson which could be a concern similar to Hopkin not being as successful without Martindale. McFadden might make a decent assistant or coach but doesn't comes across like he'd be suited to being a manager.

Someone like a Stephen McManus or Brian Gilmour who may be inexperienced but, unlike Kerr and Roberts, at least have been coaching for a while is who I'd consider if they were wanting to be 1st team managers, as it won't happen at their current clubs.

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

Good lineup today. McGinty on Bench. Got my fingers crossed Ayr play like they did the second half last week.

The "commentators" last week were talking about the second half of the Raith Rovers game in the same way English commentators always talk about the 1966 World Cup Final. Embarrassing. They got muted.

40 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

The "commentators" last week were talking about the second half of the Raith Rovers game in the same way English commentators always talk about the 1966 World Cup Final. Embarrassing. They got muted.

Yeah, the commentary is pretty naff. I also hate the continuous and constant reminder of 1966, which I'm certain majority of people out with England do.

There has to be a couple o' good commentators in Ayr that would do a decent job. MattmanAufc on YouTube would do a fantastic job me thinks.

Would put myself forward for it but I don't think I could refrain from profanity, especially the way the seasons going. Then I'd do the 'Remember the Andy Walker penalty!?' constantly, in the same manner as the 1966 pish.

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yeah, the commentary is pretty naff. I also hate the continuous and constant reminder of 1966, which I'm certain majority of people out with England do.

There has to be a couple o' good commentators in Ayr that would do a decent job. MattmanAufc on YouTube would do a fantastic job me thinks.

Would put myself forward for it but I don't think I could refrain from profanity, especially the way the seasons going. Then I'd do the 'Remember the Andy Walker penalty!?' constantly, in the same manner as the 1966 pish.

I would also put myself forward, but I wouldn't be able to be impartial and I'd probably get raging and boot the camera onto the Somerset Road End roof.

20 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

I would also put myself forward, but I wouldn't be able to be impartial and I'd probably get raging and boot the camera onto the Somerset Road End roof.

You need to be a guest commentator for a killie game. Aim for the away end roof/crowd.

This is a truly awful squad. We've shown an ability to grind out occasional results in this league but today, much like firhill, was absolutely pathetic. Big changes needed in January to keep us away from danger, not sure how much we'll actually be able to do though.