The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm relieved to see Morton equalise. The league has split in two and the important results until we reach January are the six pointers against Hamilton, Queens, Morton & Dunfermline. Anything we get against anyone else is a bonus for me.

This squad is utter garbage. We need a proper clear out in June. We have too many losers and shitebags. I'd honestly only keep 5/6 and the rest can get into the sea. 

Just a 14 point gap now lads.

You would’ve thought with all your extra experience playing at this level that your wee club could’ve given us a bit of run for our money for a while this season.

Instead we’ve pumped you twice without you ever threatening us and now we’re away to win the league whilst you scrap away with Morton and the likes just to try and stay in the division.

Joe Manganiello GIF

Edited by Sortmeout

22 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This squad is utter garbage. We need a proper clear out in June. We have too many losers and shitebags. I'd honestly only keep 5/6 and the rest can get into the sea.

Completely Agree. Who to keep though? O'Connor, McAdams, Adeloye and who else?

5 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McAllister, Reading, Murdoch, Muirhead and Hewitt. Keep eight, the rest can go. 

I'm not sure about Murdoch. He's still not done enough. I'd like to keep Maxwell but he's a loan player. Hewitt I'm not sure either.

I'd retain the following right now:

McAdams, Reading, McAllister, Muirhead, Maxwell, O'Connor & Adeloye.

We need to have a propert clear out at the end of the season and should only retain 6/7 max. I expect some of the ones we want to keep with leave due to better offers as well.

Edited by Trogdor
Had Maxwell twice

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I'm not sure about Murdoch. He's still not done enough. I'd like to keep Maxwell but he's a loan player. Hewitt I'm not sure either.

I'd retain the following right now:

McAdams, Reading, McAllister, Muirhead, Maxwell, O'Connor & Maxwell.

We need to have a propert clear out at the end of the season and should only retain 6/7 max. I expect some of the ones we want to keep with leave due to better offers as well.

Maxwell twice!

Murdoch has been good at times, and is basically running a midfield with league one/two standard players around him. Hewitt looked good at times too, but has been injured ever since - deserves a chance as a squad filler initially. 

I like Maxwell, but he is a left back - and there isn’t any point having him and Reading tbh. We need better than Maxwell is in midfield or central midfield. 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Chalmers is off at end of the season. McAdams, Adeloye and O'Connor are the only signings that Hopkin made that could be said to be relatively decent. Possibly Albinson 🤔

I just hope that we can sign a striker in January, as this 'one man up front and punt the ball to him!' pish is never going to work. A few midfielders and possibly another central defender.

We've been lucky to have two good keepers, who unfortunately, haven't had it easy with the shoddy defence in front of them. McGinty can disappear, Baird isn't the best 🙄 and Fjortoft I'm undecided on. It's a total squad rebuild we need 😒

14 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Murdoch has been good at times, and is basically running a midfield with league one/two standard players around him. 

That's been Murdoch's excuse for 2 seasons now. Even today, he allowed Tait just to breeze past him in the build up for Raith's first goal. That's been happening far too often. He's better than last season but he's not the player he was. If we are serious about top 4 aspirations then I'm not sure Murdoch will cut it. 

Edited by Trogdor

Crazy amounts of the current squad being suggested to be kept on.  I'd keep the two goalies and maybe Daire but we've only seen a very small sample of him so far. 

The rest can go, preferably in January. 

Edited by itzdrk

12 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

That's been Murdoch's excuse for 2 seasons now. Even today, he allowed Tait just to breeze past him in the build up for Raith's first goal. That's been happening far too often. He's better than last season but he's not the player he was. If we are serious about top 4 aspirations then I'm not sure Murdoch will cut it. 

Our midfield has been a disgrace for two seasons now tbf.
I decided a few weeks ago that I wasn’t wasting money on away games, with the way we set up in them so can’t comment on today! 

Be hard to get current team, mainly Aero, to sign new contracts in January when manager is uncertain and we're slugging it out with QOS and Morton at the bottom. Sure most would like to see current squad emptied but it's not really realistic to bin a large percentage of it. And how much backing do you give Duffy in January if it's uncertain how long he'll be in the job.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

how much backing do you give Duffy in January if it's uncertain how long he'll be in the job.

Duffy surely has a few contacts or players at previous clubs 🙄 Whether they'd come to Ayr with the position they're in at the moment is another thing.

26 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Crazy amounts of the current squad being suggested to be kept on.  I'd keep the two goalies and maybe Daire but we've only seen a very small sample of him so far. 

The rest can go, preferably in January. 

Totally agreed mate, there are five players (at most) worth keeping, the rest are drivel.