The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I don't see Ayr getting relegated, also don't see Kilmarnock getting instant promotion. Play offs me thinks.

Half a season left. Wait and see 😊

We will win league, ayr wont get relegated.

put £50 on it and it will pay your season ticket next year! 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

You aren't near my level to compete in the patter stakes. I have to start low with you so that I don't waste to much time. 

Ok. I’ll leave you to it for the night and let you get back to thinking about whatever it is you are thinking about.

9 minutes ago, flood said:

I was in west stand and you got deeper and deeper as game went on.

McAllister and Muirhead were done. Should have made changes if you had others on bench

It's mind boggling to me that Houston was stripped and ready to come on for a clearly done McAllister then got sat back down, unless he was only on the bench to make up numbers anyway. 

Strange game - thought Killie looked absolutely rotten at the back and their keeper flapped a few cross balls first half, yet they have only conceded 7 in 11 games so obviously doing something right.   We offer very little going forward though.   Need O Connor back fit and somehow get him, Bradley, Adeloye and Afolabi in same team 

7 minutes ago, flood said:

I'd probably agree with that. Pretty sure Killie will win the league but will then need major investment to stay up.  I'd like to think Ayr will stay up.  Bottom 4 of Ayr, Morton, QoS and Hamilton  I'd predict but hopefully with us out the bottom 2.

9 minutes ago, flood said:

We will win league

I dunno. It's hard to say at this point in time. Usually I'd agree but with Inverness and Raith going at it, hard to call. 

Honestly, this wasn't a great Kilmarnock team tonight. Though I agree on Ayr not getting relegated. 

Time will tell. Wait and see. I don't think killie will win it. 

6 minutes ago, flood said:

I was in west stand and you got deeper and deeper as game went on.

McAllister and Muirhead were done. Should have made changes if you had others on bench

The only other defender on the bench was Houston who has been out for a month, had he been even half fit he would have replaced McCallister. Muirhead can play at right back but we had no midfielders to bring on to allow him to move back. 

Despite Hopkin signing 19 defenders in the summer, we only have four that are fully fit and one of those has played the full season in midfield. 

Bradley and Maxwell were done, they weren't supporting Adeloye and there way a huge gap between him and the rest of the team. We might have seen out a draw playing the way we did and 3 mistakes cost us a goal in the end rather than how deep we were sitting. Alternatively, we appeared to have given up any idea of winning the game after an hour. 

Hopkin killed this season for us and a bad window in January could mean a long second half to the season. only 2 central midfielders and 3 centre halfs that cost us at least a goal a game. A forward from Celtic that you wouldn't phone for a game of 5's and a right back that is made of balsa wood. 

36 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I don't think there was a better team tonight. Had us down for a draw. Tomi wasn't going to score tonight and Moffat was brought on far far too late to do anything 

There was a better team, they won and got 3 points,that’s how football works. 

9 minutes ago, Hursty said:

It's mind boggling to me that Houston was stripped and ready to come on for a clearly done McAllister then got sat back down, unless he was only on the bench to make up numbers anyway. 

Strange game - thought Killie looked absolutely rotten at the back and their keeper flapped a few cross balls first half, yet they have only conceded 7 in 11 games so obviously doing something right.   We offer very little going forward though.   Need O Connor back fit and somehow get him, Bradley, Adeloye and Afolabi in same team 

He had two flaps i remember in first half. Then Murray had clear header about 60 mins in at corner and he was up before ball got to him. Was wind…! It was swirling and he misjudged his jump, probably same way Hemming did in first half 

7 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I dunno. It's hard to say at this point in time. Usually I'd agree but with Inverness and Raith going at it, hard to call. 

Honestly, this wasn't a great Kilmarnock team tonight. Though I agree on Ayr not getting relegated. 

Time will tell. Wait and see. I don't think killie will win it. 

Squad depth will get us through…IMHO

will have rebuild for next year

15 minutes ago, flood said:

None of that team impressed me, there was no fluidity or any obvious plan, the wide players you have looked league one level. 

Inverness have done what we did a couple of years back, went on a great run that has surprised everyone, including them. Raith have a small squad and will struggle to keep up a challenge. Thistle have no defence and can't always out-gun teams. 

I don't think Kilmarnock will have the consistency to win the league but I could also say that about every other team in this league. 

Kilmarnock, Thistle and Dunfermline are most likely to invest in the new year and that might swing it for someone. (not Dunfermline obviously) 

7 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

None of that team impressed me, there was no fluidity or any obvious plan, the wide players you have looked league one level. 

Inverness have done what we did a couple of years back, went on a great run that has surprised everyone, including them. Raith have a small squad and will struggle to keep up a challenge. Thistle have no defence and can't always out-gun teams. 

I don't think Kilmarnock will have the consistency to win the league but I could also say that about every other team in this league. 

Kilmarnock, Thistle and Dunfermline are most likely to invest in the new year and that might swing it for someone. (not Dunfermline obviously) 

Can't argue with much of that. In particular I agree witht the first line which is very worrying for Killie and I have concerns about the manager and his lack of plan.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were the best of a bad bunch and ended up winning the league. 

However this team would have very liuttle chance of surviving in the Premiership. 

Ins and outs in January will be interesting and could well determine the league title.

6 minutes ago, killiemilan said:

Can't argue with much of that. In particular I agree witht the first line which is very worrying for Killie and I have concerns about the manager and his lack of plan.

I wouldn't be surprised if we were the best of a bad bunch and ended up winning the league. 

However this team would have very liuttle chance of surviving in the Premiership. 

Ins and outs in January will be interesting and could well determine the league title.

Correct, if and thats a big IF we go up there will have to be a huge change in the starting 11 

Seen all the teams now and our glorious neighbours twice, think it will be close for the title and there depth of first team players might get them over the line, that was the difference in the teams tonight good strong running players to replace those that were not performing. They’ll have to win the league outright though as I don’t see any team In the league going up via the play offs The premier teams will be too strong for any of them, I agree the January window is massive for Ayr and Killie recruit well then things may change the above. In my view there was nothing between the teams for an hour and we missed a Really good chance early in the second half. After that they changed there midfield and took over and we were hanging on and but for a stupid defender they wouldn’t have scored and we would have gotten a draw. Problem we now have is Muirhead playing on for half an hour Clearly with an injury And McAllister struggling from early in the second half. Duffy made good changes previously that won us the game against Queens but his management of change that was badly needed tonight failed miserably. The new hub is all and well for the future of the club but the chairman saw tonight what crowds we could achieve if we put the money in the team, build it as they say and they will come ( in the team).

Everyone keeps saying we had no options on the bench, but we most definitely did. 

If McAllister was fucked Salkeld could have came on, Muirhead to RB and Murdoch into CM. 

Moffat could have came on, Bradley to RM and then the same as above. Afolabi could have came on.

If Bradley was also fucked then Salkeld and McKenzie were both options. 

We had options, Duffy decided we hadn’t lost a goal yet and continued to play for a point. 

As for the criticism of Adeloye, what are we expecting as we punt high balls at his head - he was given an impossible job yet again. 

25 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As for the criticism of Adeloye, what are we expecting as we punt high balls at his head - he was given an impossible job yet again. 

I was listening to the game on the radio and Rory Loy was saying that the whole game. Mentioned in the first half that we were at least trying to pass the ball but in the second all we did was launch it to Adeloye.

He was also saying that it was unfortunate that Adeloye was having to constantly abandon his position to get the ball but there was nobody willing to run into the position he had came out of leaving us with no goal threat. 

Both commentators questioned why it took until after the penalty for us to show any attempt at getting forward in numbers as there wasn't much of a gap in quality. 

As many have mentioned Hopkin has absolutely done a number on us until January. Until that honking midfield is sorted we can hopefully scrape enough points from teams in our area of the league to keep us away from the bottom. However we won't be able to trouble any further up than mid table until players are brought in

Morning, neighbours! A beautiful morning in East Yorks, with blue skies and white clouds. Nature's tribute to Ayrshire's finest, perhaps? Much more pleasant than your existence in our shadow (111 years and counting), I'm guessing.

I have to say I've enjoyed the analysis of how shite Killie are: unequipped to get promotion, poor tactically, shaky in defence, etc. Coming from fans whose team have just lost to us again, having posed no credible threat over three hours of football, that simply makes me smile wider this lovely, table-topping morning.