The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

28 minutes ago, mccurdieboy said:

I thought we played OK disappointing 2nd half showed we need someone up with tomi as he can't do it on his own at top of pitch but good to see a full capacity crowd tonight shame most of the fans only turn up for big games and hopefully it's another 28 years at least before killie are able to win at Somerset

Hopefully we get promoted this year and never have to play league game at Somerset again!

9 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really?

You’re doing to drop Adeloye and give Afolabi a chance? The latter has done absolutely nothing to warrant a starting spot in that team.

Don’t think I’d drop him but Tomi had a stinker.

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Really?

You’re doing to drop Adeloye and give Afolabi a chance? The latter has done absolutely nothing to warrant a starting spot in that team.

Yes, really.  We’ve seen very little of Afolabi so it’s hard to make much of a judgement on him - I think most of us concluded he had an attitude problem after the wild red card, but he looked a lot better against Arbroath.  Might have been a flash in the pan, but I think we need to find out if he has anything to offer.  Adeloye certainly isn’t undroppable - I’m afraid his work rate is blinding a few to just now ineffective he’s been in recent weeks.

The sooner we can play Muirhead at the back the better. McGinty and Fjortoft are even more hapless than Baird. Admittedly, Baird has improved this season. I really don't understand why Fjortoft did that. He was flapping all over the place all night. 

Chalmers is the football equivalent of a fart in a spacesuit. He's fucking useless and we shouldn't persist in playing him. 

As for our second half tactics I think Duffy was channelling Hopkin. It was fucking awful. Long ball after long ball after long ball. Kilmarnock were there for the taking as evidenced on the 2/3 occasions their defense gave the ball to Adeloye under a little pressure.

Fucking seething. I hate David Hopkin, this is all his fault!

9 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The sooner we can play Muirhead at the back the better. McGinty and Fjortoft are even more hapless than Baird. Admittedly, Baird has improved this season. I really don't understand why Fjortoft did that. He was flapping all over the place all night. 

Chalmers is the football equivalent of a fart in a spacesuit. He's fucking useless and we shouldn't persist in playing him. 

As for our second half tactics I think Duffy was channelling Hopkin. It was fucking awful. Long ball after long ball after long ball. Kilmarnock were there for the taking as evidenced on the 2/3 occasions their defense gave the ball to Adeloye under a little pressure.

Fucking seething. I hate David Hopkin, this is all his fault!

Kind of our fault for appointing him.  Ridiculous appointment and I suppose we should just be glad he was binned so early.  He’s certainly left a real mess behind him,

We played ok for about an hour, then we sat and tried to defend deep, playing long balls to Adeloye that he was never going to win.

Maxwell and Bradley ran out of steam and changes should have been made sooner.

McCallister had a simple fielding task in the lead up to the goal, run across him or bring him down and stop the break, he did neither causing a 3 on 2 break.

Kilmarnock are dreadful, really bad and we stopped playing and invited pressure for the last half hour that they almost managed to f**k up.