The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

10 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Did we have a big sales day today?

Sure VOR said this morning we had only sold just over 3000. 

Including season tickets ( as you don’t know how many are attending but have paid ) Ayr have sold around 3600 ( a very good day today so far ) , on game day we normally sell around 350 for a normal game , see what tomorrow brings ,  that’s 3 times the home fans we had at last home game , let’s hope we get the result and performance that makes them want to come back 

Edited by Finlay21

12 minutes ago, Squirrelhumper said:

Somebody said on here earlier you had shifted 4000.

If we can manage a crowd of 6.500 - 7,000 on a wet Tuesday night at the end of October, then I think that's a very good advert for the Ayrshire derby and both of our clubs.

58 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

If we can manage a crowd of 6.500 - 7,000 on a wet Tuesday night at the end of October, then I think that's a very good advert for the Ayrshire derby and both of our clubs.

Aye it is.

Stlll annoys me the p***ks at SPFL had the first game when RP had a capacity of 3700 and have made this one midweek.

Literally lost out in guys of 10k fans over the two games. Shambles.

Edited by Squirrelhumper

1 hour ago, Richey Edwards said:

The weather can't possibly be as bad as it was for the Alex Williams derby game.

I know we only drew but that is one of my favourite games. The last gasp goal for the draw. Loved it, what a game! Got soaked but it was worth it, buzzing for tomorrow night now.

Just now, Trogdor said:

I know we only drew but that is one of my favourite games. The last gasp goal for the draw. Loved it, what a game! Got soaked but it was worth it, buzzing for tomorrow night now.

That was my Papa's last game before he became too unwell to go to football matches.

It ranks up there with one of the best football matches I've seen.

3 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

That was my Papa's last game before he became too unwell to go to football matches.

It ranks up there with one of the best football matches I've seen.

Great memory to have mate. Let's hope we turn them over for him tomorrow. 

Get intae them Ayr!

Given the standard of the league this season and our relative short-comings, I'd not be against Andy Geggan being back at the club. He's playing for Dumbarton and I'm sure would be good for the dressing room.
I'm sure this just my weepy nostalgia talking of course.

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Given the standard of the league this season and our relative short-comings, I'd not be against Andy Geggan being back at the club. He's playing for Dumbarton and I'm sure would be good for the dressing room.

Got send off on sat .violent conduct. 

What a guy.

3 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Nostalgia is a menace, after what's happened at the club I'm questioning whether it was the right idea to sack Kerr.

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Nostalgia is a menace, after what's happened at the club I'm questioning whether it was the right idea to sack Kerr.

I'm not saying that it wasn't the right decision to sack him, but I highly doubt he would have done any worse than the supposedly more experienced manager who replaced him.

57 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
58 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:
Got send off on sat .violent conduct. 
What a guy.

Haha yeah I saw that, I think he was the third Dumbarton player to get sent off too.

They scored an equaliser with the 8 men as well. Brass neck for Airdrie even though they went on to win it at the death.

I’m sure there was a game against Airdrie under Roberts where we went down to 9 men but still comfortably held on for the draw, and actually could have won it. Must just be something about that lot and embarrassing themselves.

33 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

They scored an equaliser with the 8 men as well. Brass neck for Airdrie even though they went on to win it at the death.

I’m sure there was a game against Airdrie under Roberts where we went down to 9 men but still comfortably held on for the draw, and actually could have won it. Must just be something about that lot and embarrassing themselves.

Yip. Drew 2-2 after Pope and Forrest were sent off. Craig Malcolm had a great chance to win it and made a complete mess of his shot. 

I can also remember a game at Dumbarton where we played most of the match with 9 men. I think Dougie Ramsay and Raymond Logan were the two red carded. We lost 6-0.

2 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Yip. Drew 2-2 after Pope and Forrest were sent off. Craig Malcolm had a great chance to win it and made a complete mess of his shot. 

I can also remember a game at Dumbarton where we played most of the match with 9 men. I think Dougie Ramsay and Raymond Logan were the two red carded. We lost 6-0.

That wasn’t like him 😐

2 minutes ago, the west curve said:

Due to the confusion when the tickets went on sale a large number of away fans have ended up with home end tickets. 

Is this fact or a myth? Cant see any Killie fan being stupid enough to go to a derby and be in with thousands of Ayr fans and manage to stay incognito for the whole game