The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

12 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Current promotion of the club is dire as is interaction with fans, very poor from current regime 

Yeah it is - even something like a rundown each day of goals in memorable Somerset moments - 96, 98, 99, 2001, 2009, 2017 - I’m not sure prior to that but I’m sure there would be another to have been able to do “a week of” in the build up. 

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:
2 hours ago, Hursty said:
They were training at Queen Margaret this morning- watched the last 10 mins after my sons game - was good to see O'Connor involved. 

Did he look like he was going full beans?

Don't know unfortunately- they were split into 2 groups and he was in the one that was just playing that wee piggy in the middle game, I didn't notice him until they were walking off.  Was a couple of faces I didn't recognise but probably just younger lads.  One was a keeper. 

On a side note, when Markus Fjortoft noticed my 5 year old watching in his Ayr top he came right over and spoke to us for a few minutes asking the wee man questions etc - seems a right nice guy.  

2 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Are we planning to market this game on our social media in the build up?

If you missed the initial post about tickets you wouldn’t really know there was an Ayrshire derby game on Tuesday night. There is so much content that can be used of Ayrshire derbies at Somerset to really amp things up and get people excited and encourage more to attend - we don’t seem to be marketing the first Ayrshire league derby in decades line whatsoever. 

Our social media presence is shite.

Robbo has said before it’s worse due to Graeme Miller leaving, but until there’s a replacement you’d think the club could at least make sure someone else had a few minutes in their day to look after it.

2 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

Our social media presence is shite.

Robbo has said before it’s worse due to Graeme Miller leaving, but until there’s a replacement you’d think the club could at least make sure someone else had a few minutes in their day to look after it.

Yeah.  I follow some of the ex Junior clubs on twitter and there's loads of them put us to shame with regards to social media output 

On a side note, when Markus Fjortoft noticed my 5 year old watching in his Ayr top he came right over and spoke to us for a few minutes asking the wee man questions etc - seems a right nice guy.  

Touch of class that. I know my old man met him once and said he seemed like a super guy.

33 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Don't know unfortunately- they were split into 2 groups and he was in the one that was just playing that wee piggy in the middle game, I didn't notice him until they were walking off.  Was a couple of faces I didn't recognise but probably just younger lads.  One was a keeper

1 hour ago, Hursty said:

Yeah.  I follow some of the ex Junior clubs on twitter and there's loads of them put us to shame with regards to social media output 

I keep up to date on the Ayr Games I miss or can't attend by watching Mattman Aufc on YouTube.

This lad must be maybe 14/15 years old and puts on Fantastic videos with coverage of the matches he attends. 

I completely agree that the social media surrounding the club is, at the minute, pure bawz. Though this young fella Is one for the future definitely, I think it would be good if the club were to recognise what this boy is doing because he's definitely going places, whilst Ayr United coverage is clearly not. Sign him up.

Bit of an eye opener yesterday finding out there were about 1,400 at Abroath which is about what we get!!

No disrespect to Arbroath themselves as the club is doing well but the town is about half the size of Ayr so paints a very clear picture of our attendances....

Bit of an eye opener yesterday finding out there were about 1,400 at Abroath which is about what we get!!
No disrespect to Arbroath themselves as the club is doing well but the town is about half the size of Ayr so paints a very clear picture of our attendances....

Difference between a club doing better than expected and attracting folk who might not normally go and a club not doing as well as they should be and casual supporters not bothering to come to Somerset on a Saturday.

26 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

How late do you think you can arrive at the turnstiles and still be inside for kick off on Tuesday, with the passport situation and size of crowd. Usually arrive five minutes before as I hate waiting inside for long.

I would reckon about 7.25 going by how  close to kick off  a number of fans leave it to on a Saturday