The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Cameron’s bar? f**k me. 
And that’s from someone who appreciated his work at the club, despite him being a bit of a roaster. 

Hopefully it's called this because they write off your tab at closing time.

25 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Support one of the old firm for status or to fit in (how I viewed it in school at least, glory seeking to an extent.)"Look at my amazing team winning the spl!" Yet many 'Old firm fans' have never actually been to a game 🙄

I was born in Ayr, I was raised in Ayr, I support Ayr United no matter how shite they can and will ever be. It's shite like supporting one of the Glasgow teams over your local team that has, in my opinion, ruined Scottish football. 

That's also one of the reasons why I treasure the Ayrshire Derby. No nonsense football with fans of their local team from Ayrshire. The Banter and bragging rights. 😊

Fully agree mate.

It's also the reason I would rather you lot won if you were playing any of the Old Filth, possibly apart from a cup final, as WFAANW and all that. 😜

Unfortunately religion still plays a big part in our culture, even if most of their fans  have never been in a church in their lives.

Long live the Ayrshire Derby.

9 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

Fully agree mate.

It's also the reason I would rather you lot won if you were playing any of the Old Filth, possibly apart from a cup final, as WFAANW and all that. 😜

Unfortunately religion still plays a big part in our culture, even if most of their fans  have never been in a church in their lives.

Long live the Ayrshire Derby.

Spoiler

I actually wanted Killie to beat Dundee in the playoffs.

Because James McPake is a fucking p***k.

34 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

just shows how much notice I take of Irish politics as I thought that was the Easter Rising.

I'll get my coat..............................

Irish politics? I could write all I know about that on the back of a postage stamp.

This is an Ayr United football thread and I'm quite glad there's some input from Kilmarnock fans. No religious stuff, surely no politics, just banter.

What rivalry between teams should be like.

Though I solidly expect a Police presence at this game 🙄 Horses and all.

Edited by Roxanne's man

32 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Fact @Finlay21 keeps avoiding the question of how many tickets have we've sold i'd take that as not very many.....

I was not looking at  Ayr sales until today   , we have the added complication  of adding in season ticket holders to the total ,  crowd is around 5600  currently, we still have 5 days to sell home tickets , currently we have  about twice the number of home fans who attended Saturdays game and will increase significantly in the coming days going by our fans normal purchasing history,a large number  of our paying fans buy in the 3 days leading up to game 

Edited by Finlay21

17 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

I was not looking at  Ayr sales until today   , we have the added complication  of adding in season ticket holders to the total ,  crowd is around 5600  currently, we still have 5 days to sell home tickets , currently we have  about twice the number of home fans who attended Saturdays game and will increase significantly in the coming days going by our fans normal purchasing history,a large number  of our paying fans buy in the 3 days leading up to game 

Would like to think we would get to an attendance of 6500 ish. 

10 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

What's the deal going to be with the hub? Only open on matchdays or an all week thing? 

Thursday, Friday nights , Saturdays all day if home game and nights on non game days ( but will open prior to supporters bus leaving ) and Sundays to start with , got Sky in to show the televised games 

Edited by Finlay21

34 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Would like to think we would get to an attendance of 6500 ish. 

Scheduling the fixture for a fucking Tuesday night is only going to help the attendance. 🤦‍♂️

I still don't understand why there is a full set of Championship fixtures that night. Bizarre.

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Thursday, Friday nights , Saturdays all day if home game and nights on non game days ( but will open prior to supporters bus leaving ) and Sundays to start with , got Sky in to show the televised games 

YAAASSS no more bargain hunt on BBC 1 for your pre-match bevy

6 hours ago, Rugbypark said:

Hasn’t stopped the Killie fans.....

In fairness it is a well missed fixture, even though our record down at Somerset is appalling.

Had Ayr fans been offered access to Rugby Park there would have been a very decent turnout. It was a disgrace that the game was so early in the fixture card tbh. But why should we be surprised. 

10 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I still don't understand why there is a full set of Championship fixtures that night. Bizarre.

There has been at least one (sometimes two) midweek fixture cards in the Championship for a few years. We're one Saturday short for the league this season so there has to be one set of midweek fixtures. The league season has to finish on the last weekend of April to fit in the play-off schedule.

If the League Cup Second Round was played midweek then this wouldn't be a problem. If the Premier play-off, which is loaded against Championship sides, was arranged like the other two play-offs then league fixtures could be pushed back a week or two.

But yes, the fixture list hasn't done us any favours with this one. If the second derby at Somerset is moved for TV it'll mean none of the derbies this season will be played on a Saturday.