The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This might be a long post - i was at the game on saturday 1st game since 28 /12/19 v QOS irronically.  Due to COVID etc its my first time back. Just to say I never missed a home game from 1971 to 1990 until I moved to Edinburgh and now Dunbar. So lads I am an Ayr fan thru and thru and I get it we need someone to replace Mark Kerr as a playmaker in the midfield - pure and simple the players we have are limited but they do try hard and give their best so I will not criticise them. I will always support Ayr and have seen the bad times in the mid 80's etc. In fact I was at the player of the year night at ST Nicholas Hotel in 1987 after we lost 3-2 to Stiriling Albion but Ally McLeod told us that night we will win the league next year and he was right. No matter how bad it might seem to some its not that  bad, we are in the right league just now and we will stay up.  This club of ours is in a better position and we may need a couple more years of Championship football but I think we will get back up to the Premiership. All I can ask is please support the team this season because I will and hopefully I will get to a few more games now. p.s. i was at 1973 scottish cupsemifinal  v Rangers as an 8 year old and still remember the game. 

19 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

just read the Hughie Sproat comments...........legend. I used to serve him when I worked in RBS sandgate ............. can remember Tom Clydesdale the manager asking to speak to him about his account.............guess what Hughie did a runner.............

A guy called Clydesdale managed the RBS? That's hilarious.

20 minutes ago, Honest Dunbar Man said:

just read the Hughie Sproat comments...........legend. I used to serve him when I worked in RBS sandgate ............. can remember Tom Clydesdale the manager asking to speak to him about his account.............guess what Hughie did a runner.............

I imagine he turned up in Bank of Scotland gear.

Hughie Sproat was a legend............maybe not the best goalkeeper i have seen at Ayr...........Davie Stewart for me in 70's and George Watson in the 80's but I did love it when Hughie Sproat wore the blue against the Celtic and green against the Rangers...............it did wind them up.  Back then you could have a bit of banter with the goalie.

50 minutes ago, Iain said:

I see the club is targeted in a massive back page piece in today's Sun. Must be a slow news day. Still, probably not the reputation we want to be picking up.

Guessing this is about Gibson? Even worse if that statement only came out because of Gibson's tweet and reporters sniffing about. Appreciate the club released a statement at the time of the racism claims saying they would investigate and asking people to come forwards. But, a far stronger worded statement should have been issued at the time, and the incident has never been spoken about again which doesn't look great when in the spotlight.

36 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Guessing this is about Gibson? Even worse if that statement only came out because of Gibson's tweet and reporters sniffing about. Appreciate the club released a statement at the time of the racism claims saying they would investigate and asking people to come forwards. But, a far stronger worded statement should have been issued at the time, and the incident has never been spoken about again which doesn't look great when in the spotlight.

Got to give them time , they stated the incident was being investigated, people are putting forward information and I believe the club will put out an update as the investigation progresses 

This stuff is beginning to happen too often and is going to give the whole club a bad name if it continues.

These so called supporters need to wake up and realise this sort of stuff isn't condemned in the 21st century and needs to stop.

If they're true supporters go to the games and get behind your own club and our players instead of focusing on hurling abuse at opposition players.

If they want to continue with this sort of discriminatory behavior and chants they can go 50 minutes up the road and support one of the ugly sisters where 50,000 of them like to sing that sort of stuff...

4 hours ago, Iain said:

I see the club is targeted in a massive back page piece in today's Sun. Must be a slow news day. Still, probably not the reputation we want to be picking up.

3 hours ago, Hawk89 said:

It was in the paper yesterday as well. Yes its shocking but why arent the media reporting about Gibson being an arsehole to stewards, or simulating having a w**k and telling a poster on here he hope's his bird beats him up? The media is portraying him as Mother Theresa when he dishes out as good as he gets 

Edited by Thereisalight..

3 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Got to give them time , they stated the incident was being investigated, people are putting forward information and I believe the club will put out an update as the investigation progresses 

Appreciate these things needs to be done properly, I was thinking from an optics perspective and the timing it doesn't look great. Maybe I need to reset my expectations a little given we don't have the resources of say Ross County / Dundee United as a recent example, to have someone working on this full time. 

As supporters I also appreciate we have our own place to call out and challenge if we don't think something is acceptable. 

It was in the paper yesterday as well. Yes its shocking but why arent the media reporting about Gibson being an arsehole to stewards, or simulating having a w**k and telling a poster on here he hope's his bird beats him up? The media is portraying him as Mother Theresa when he dishes out as good as he gets 
Was it the Sun both times? I wasn't surprised to see that shit rag jumping on it.
I wouldn't be surprised if that piece gives the green light to fans of other teams to give him it extra tight now as well. I hope he gets the help he clearly needs, because a mother thersa piece in the Sun is not the one.

46 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

^^^^^ The type of "Whataboutery" usually associated with the Glasgow Ugly Twins to deflect from the major issue. 

^^^^^ The type of "Whataboutery" usually associated with the Glasgow Ugly Twins to deflect from the major issue. 

The shouts are obviously disgusting and have absolutely nothing to do with what happened after the game.

However Wullie still made an arse of himself at full time and his actions also deserve to be roundly criticised.