The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The group of reprobates in question here is a group of wee guys about 16 years old that quite clearly aren't mature enough to understand why it's out of order

At 16 years old you should know far better than that.

50 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

He'd wear a green top v Rangers and a blue top v Celtic. Way ahead of his time for banter. Remember my Dad telling me he was quite the character. Something sadly lacking from the game these days 

😊 Most certainly ahead of his time in entertainment. 

Hugh Sproat's moustache put Ron Burgundy to shame 😁

Edited by Roxanne's man

41 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

The group of reprobates in question here is a group of wee guys about 16 years old that quite clearly aren't mature enough to understand why it's out of order

22 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

At 16 years old you should know far better than that.

Even aside from that, when I’ve heard it before it’s been a group that look like they’re in their mid/late 20s at best.

43 minutes ago, Rodders1910 said:

The ones that I've heard chanting disgusting things are about 25-30. Definitely old enough to know their behaviour is bang out of order 

Just now, shizzlemanizzle said:

I don’t frequent the Somerset road end as much as I used to but I haven’t heard from he abhorrent “sergeant major” sung for a long time. Proof (I hope) that progress is possible.

Unfortunately it was sung away at Partick early on in the game.

I don’t frequent the Somerset road end as much as I used to but I haven’t heard from he abhorrent “sergeant major” sung for a long time. Proof (I hope) that progress is possible.
Ha! What a ditty. I'm fully expecting that to be aired a week tomorrow. Absolute rid neck stuff.

18 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:
21 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Ha! What a ditty. I'm fully expecting that to be aired a week tomorrow. Absolute rid neck stuff.

please explain, dont recognise the name.

Hope there's no bad language involved, as that would be naughty.

3 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

please explain, dont recognise the name.

Hope there's no bad language involved, as that would be naughty.

Really is an embarrassingly ridiculous song to sign anywhere never mind a football stadium , would rate it as the worst song I have heard at any Ayr match , 

200.gif
The Finger was a guy who seemed to appear at the 'big games', stood behind the goals, and would conversationally (one-way of course) dismantle opposition players while often pointing his finger in their general direction.
I'd say we might be going back 15 years or so since I can recall seeing him.

1 hour ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Aye I just stay out on the terrace now, you don't even get a particularly good view of the game in the SRE anyway. 

Just now, itzdrk said:

Aye I just stay out on the terrace now, you don't even get a particularly good view of the game in the SRE anyway. 

This is the right way to watch football at Somerset. Standing on the half way line in the first half as we shoot into the Railway end. Then move to the 16 yard box for the second half to watch us shooting into the SRE. 

9 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

The Finger was a guy who seemed to appear at the 'big games', stood behind the goals, and would conversationally (one-way of course) dismantle opposition players while often pointing his finger in their general direction.
I'd say we might be going back 15 years or so since I can recall seeing him.

I don't recall seeing him. With a name like 'The Finger' I thought he was going to be an associate of Al Capone.