The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

No, Barr environmental. Think one of Barrs sons ran it. Think it was sold off once he retired a few years back. 

Cameron bought the club for a pound and inherited any debt.
the tax bill was huge, partly I suppose because Barr was putting so much money in via hospitality and advertising. 

We paid it though, several years of pain as a result but we had the decency to pay it. 

Thanks - found the article in the Advertiser online. That’s a massive fine - don’t see how the company or even their parent company will be able to pay that. Their net worth is only £25m and they turn over £30m.

Not all Ayrshire clubs pay their debts unfortunately.

2 hours ago, AYRSHIRE_ANGUS said:

For a team that sings the pathetic "stand up if you can't sit down" ditty, probably not repeated anywhere else in the football world, they sure do love coming back to our old ground.

I believe it's called "slumming it"......

My daughter has followed KIllie for the past five years and when I told her today that she would actually have to STAND at the game  she was appalled.

Unlike her however, I'm really looking forward to standing again, fair takes me back, and there's always a better atmosphere.

Looking forward to a great game.

Edited by Hawkeye the Gnu

17 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

My daughter has followed KIllie for the past five years and when I told her today that she would actually have to STAND at the game  she was appalled.

Unlike her however, I'm really looking forward to standing again, fair takes me back, and there's always a better atmosphere.

I hate sitting down at any football match - just one of the many reasons I love going to Somerset Park. The fact that many all-seaters have fans standing throughout every game is highly ironic to me.

41 minutes ago, Hawkeye the Gnu said:

There hasn’t ever been a single football game with a good atmosphere where everyone has been seated. Impressive not to experience that in five years! 

43 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

There hasn’t ever been a single football game with a good atmosphere where everyone has been seated. Impressive not to experience that in five years! 

Hampden is all seated. Have you ever seen the tartan army sit down during a Scotland game? 

Would the atmosphere at Hampden be the same if everyone sat down?

Same applies to Somerset Park. I LOVE the fact that other teams may dislike standing in it 😊👍

Looking at the players out for tomorrow, McCallister will have to play right back, Fjortoft will have to play CH to replace McGinty. Assuming McCallister is actually fit. 

Team needs a reaction after last weeks pumping and the draw against Morton if we want to capitalise on Hamilton and Dunfermline still being shite. 

15 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Looking at the players out for tomorrow, McCallister will have to play right back, Fjortoft will have to play CH to replace McGinty. Assuming McCallister is actually fit. 

Team needs a reaction after last weeks pumping and the draw against Morton if we want to capitalise on Hamilton and Dunfermline still being shite. 

Or Fjortoft at RB, McAllister at CM which allows our most competent defender in Muirhead to play at CB. 

57 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

I think somerset may be the favourite ground in Scotland for opposing supporters. 

I hate to admit it but while your place is stuck in the dark ages and falling to bits, it's still a real football ground with a great atmosphere when full, and probably is up there among my favourite grounds to visit.

Should be amazing next Tuesday.

13 hours ago, craigkillie said:

That link is only available if you specifically go in through the webpage which was shared via Twitter. If you just do what I did and go on to the Ayr website directly then select "match tickets", it takes you to a list of stands and doesn't say anything about home or away. Fortunately I realised none of them were the away end, but some might not have done.

Any away fans still looking for tickets , as of 11pm Friday you still have 250 available for the Railway End , West Stand has sold out 

50 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Is McGinty really injured or has he been dropped after his shambolic display at Firhill?

McAllister at right back and Fjortoft and Muirhead at CH is an improvement.

We’ll play Fjortoft and Baird at centre back and McAllister at RB probably.

There’s no combination of defenders we can play where they aren’t shite given we’ve only got one solid centre half.

I’ll be content with the team selection tomorrow provided we bring Bradley and Maxwell back in and drop Chalmers. I wouldn’t be against McKenzie getting a chance either.

5 minutes ago, Rugbypark said:

Nearly a sell out for Killie end plus many in the home end. Probably a bigger away support than home support.

Can’t see them being allowed into home end , if identified I am sure they will be ejected