The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

16 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Nothing would keep me away from an Ayrshire derby , beaten them many times when playing pish beforehand 

I love the atmosphere at the Ayrshire Derby. Win or lose, I'll be backing Ayr, no matter how sh*te they are. Though, saying that, I've never been at a Derby game at Somerset where Ayr have lost 🤔

Just hoping that someone can hold off Burke, as he was a thorn in the side in the last game against that lot. If we get the ball on the ground as well, I'm sure Adeloye wouldn't be so frustrated. Different manager of course, so fingers crossed.

Q.o.s game will really show us where we are in terms of the championship league. A league in which I believe McGinty should be nowhere near 😐

14 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It might not be as bad as you think. Ayr like to pack the defence whilst Killie sit back and hit on the break Could easily turn out to be a low scoring shitfest

That’s the tactics we tried yesterday.

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

it works some weeks and others not.  Partick have some of the better forwards in the league and more attack minded than others

It didn’t work against Kilmarnock, Inverness, Arbroath, Raith Rovers or Partick. It hasn’t worked on any occasion. 

Partick are also terrible defensively, and appear to crumble when you have a go at them. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

It didn’t work against Kilmarnock, Inverness, Arbroath, Raith Rovers or Partick. It hasn’t worked on any occasion. 

Partick are also terrible defensively, and appear to crumble when you have a go at them. 

Considering we sit 7th  in the table it must have worked on some occasions or we would be bottom. I would much rather it was binned however i'm not sure it's wise each week until more balance is brought into the squad

27 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Could you please keep that last part to yourself please, thanks 

22 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Considering we sit 7th  in the table it must have worked on some occasions or we would be bottom. I would much rather it was binned however i'm not sure it's wise each week until more balance is brought into the squad

Umm we are seventh because we didn’t play like that in every game? That’s the entire point. In the games we have won, we haven’t just sat in waiting to lose. 

35 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Bit rich coming from a supporter of a team that has McGinty playing at centre half. Only one team crumbled yesterday!!

49 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Killie are going to pump us, and it’ll be horrible - but sadly, I’ll be there to witness it. 

I doubt that to be honest. Our best performance was against Ayr and we’ve gradually lost our way a bit week by week. People starting to question TW a little bit as well. 

We’re obviously going to change our approach against better teams and I think it would’ve been pretty naive of Duffy to leave our defence exposed to the likes of Tiffoney, Rudden, Graham and Smith. We also don’t necessarily have a great attack to field. Adeloye has scored goals but we were missing Bradley and O’Connor and simply playing Maxwell and Salkeld doesn’t fix anything.

Against the teams around us we’ll probably try and take the game to them but against the teams further up the table I can see us trying to keep it tight and either get a point or steal a win from somewhere.

7 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

Bit rich coming from a supporter of a team that has McGinty playing at centre half. Only one team crumbled yesterday!!

Yes - like I’m not aware McGinty is brutal. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re obviously going to change our approach against better teams and I think it would’ve been pretty naive of Duffy to leave our defence exposed to the likes of Tiffoney, Rudden, Graham and Smith. We also don’t necessarily have a great attack to field. Adeloye has scored goals but we were missing Bradley and O’Connor and simply playing Maxwell and Salkeld doesn’t fix anything.

Against the teams around us we’ll probably try and take the game to them but against the teams further up the table I can see us trying to keep it tight and either get a point or steal a win from somewhere.

There is a balance to be struck though - yesterday’s team went too far towards the defensive side. I can obviously accept setting up more defensively, but not without a midfield set up without any attack minded players. Playing Maxwell wouldn’t fix anything, but you need to have at least one midfielder willing to get at the opposition and drive you up the park. In saying that, if O’Connor was fit then Duffy most likely would have played him. 

21 minutes ago, Sting777 said:

What a bizarre take, your team can't be criticised because we also have bad players? 

You know we didn't sign the players right? 

It's all fair and well for Duffy to come out and throw the players under a bus for being shite but there needs to be some understanding that he set them up to fail with the tactics on the day.  He's referencing how they had played recently but he changed the shape to something which hasn't worked with this squad yet and again it didn't.  

The one consistency about the championships is the inconsistency.

Very few teams play the same 2 weeks in a row.

We can beat or be beaten by anyone in this league.

All we can do is turn up and hope for a good day - and that goes for every game in this league.

Does anyone really believe that the Arbroath squad is better than the Dunfermline one? Yet look at the table.

We have a team in our squad - unfortunately yesterday was a bad day at the office for the manager, the team and the lack of who we had to pick from.

Everyone fit, I reckon we could have taken something from that game as for a while there wasn’t much between the teams.