The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

The best we can genuinely hope for right now is that we stay competitive amongst the teams around us and keep taking points off them, that the Dunfermline board somehow don’t sack Peter Grant as they will undoubtedly improve once he goes and lastly that Duffy is given a bit of freedom to make changes to this squad in January.

13 minutes ago, HMIP said:

In McGinty’s defence he looked ok in a back 4.  Despite losing 1 goal in 3 games, we suddenly decided to go to a back 3 and we definitely looked the worse for it - reminded me of the first half against Arbroath where no one seemed sure who was doing what.  

Can’t believe you used mcginty’s name and the word defence in the same sentence 

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Can’t believe you used mcginty’s name and the word defence in the same sentence 

Just trying to add some balance.  We know McCall slavishly adheres to 4-4-2 so going to a back 3 was always going to leave us vulnerable in the wide areas.  The crosses should have been better defended I accept.

19 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’d genuinely try McAllister at centre back alongside Muirhead but there’s no chance that Duffy drops all three of the centre backs that started today. I’d probably settle for Muirhead and one of the other 3 stooges.

Muirhead alongisde Fjortoft with McAllister in CDM IMO

56 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Aye I’d genuinely try McAllister at centre back alongside Muirhead but there’s no chance that Duffy drops all three of the centre backs that started today. I’d probably settle for Muirhead and one of the other 3 stooges.

I've spoken to the real three stooges and they are mortally offended to be compared to Baird, Fjortoft & McGinty.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:
And just like that, all optimism I had for the Oct games has evaporated. Shocking result against a team recently scudded by Arbroath and that lot 

Next game is QOS at home with an extra week off to prepare. Bungle that and I think it will give a pretty good indication of how the rest of the season will play out.

Edited by UpInTheAyr

42 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Next game is QOS at home with an extra week off to prepare. Bungle that and I think it will give a pretty good indication of how the rest of the season will play out.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

Yeah I'm maybe being presumptuous but I'm banking on a win v QOS. Definitely more worried about Arbroath and them 

For me we’ve got one competent centre half and another player who can maybe play there. I’m still not sure what goalie is better but Duffy clearly rates Albinson more than McAdams. Moffat wasn’t great today but hopefully his sharpness improves with the more matches he plays.

For me I think this is our best team when everyone is fit.

Albinson

Houston
McAllister
Muirhead
Reading

Bradley
Murdoch
Maxwell
O’Connor

Moffat
Adeloye

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

For me we’ve got one competent centre half and another player who can maybe play there. I’m still not sure what goalie is better but Duffy clearly rates Albinson more than McAdams. Moffat wasn’t great today but hopefully his sharpness improves with the more matches he plays.

For me I think this is our best team when everyone is fit.

Albinson

Houston
McAllister
Muirhead
Reading

Bradley
Murdoch
Maxwell
O’Connor

Moffat
Adeloye

Salkeld in for Moff with Bradley up front for me. 

I’m gonna see what happens in the next few games before I decide about the derby game. If we play like we did yesterday in the coming games don’t think I will go down for it. I already would have to make sacrifices  for it as it’s a Tuesday and I’m thinking the weather will be pish. So if we are as pish as I think the weather will be no chance I’m going 

11 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’m gonna see what happens in the next few games before I decide about the derby game. If we play like we did yesterday in the coming games don’t think I will go down for it. I already would have to make sacrifices  for it as it’s a Tuesday and I’m thinking the weather will be pish. So if we are as pish as I think the weather will be no chance I’m going 

Nothing would keep me away from an Ayrshire derby , beaten them many times when playing pish beforehand 

16 hours ago, Saltire said:

Duffy has inherited this squad which Hopkin assembled with a particular style of play in mind, which we can all see was a complete failure. There were limited players available today, but for me we're better trying to play attacking football with the risk that we lose rather than revert to Hopkin's style and almost certainly lose. We may still have lost today (the injuries reduced our quality) but it would probably have felt better.

It's a difficult one. Don't think we have enough quality to attack more and not leak goals. Not a fan of the defensive set up but needs must if we want to gather enough points. 

28 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

It might not be as bad as you think. Ayr like to pack the defence whilst Killie sit back and hit on the break Could easily turn out to be a low scoring shitfest

We still have a January window and then half a season. It just depends on how much business we manage to do and who we bring in. Depending on how bad things are, we may even have to pay fee's

Yesterday was like the Raith game, concede a goal and then shit the bed, it's the first time we have been behind in Duffys time as manager and it went south quickly. Like the Raith game, the players lost their shape, just sat back and invited a humping. There isn't enough in the squad to change anything going forward. 

8 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

It's a difficult one. Don't think we have enough quality to attack more and not leak goals. Not a fan of the defensive set up but needs must if we want to gather enough points. 

Surely by now, we know that us sitting back and defending only leads to us getting pumped? It isn’t going to help us gather points, quite the opposite. There isn’t a single team in this league who we should be sitting in and hoping for the best against. 

Edited by No_Problemo

37 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Grow up, its a derby.