The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

On 24/09/2021 at 18:38, Richey Edwards said:

He has done very well, but I am unsure if he actually wants to be a full-time manager anymore. I think that was the reason he took the coaching gig with us.

However, if he is interested then the job should be his. He has got three wins in a row with a team that looked like it couldn't beat eggs a couple of weeks ago.

Must have got the bug back... Good luck to you, I reckon you're in safe hands

Whether you love him or hate him, Duffy undoubtedly gave Morton their most successful spell in years and always gave us a hardworking and at times entertaining side. Not to say it didn't come with its frustrating times but winning the second division,  a semi final and a couple of play offs was definitely a success. 

Feels funny to be a happy clapper, but if the club are still in the Championship this time next year and the end of the season isn't as nail-biting as last time then it'll still be Duffy.

Folk who are already counting the days until the end of the season when Duffy leaves with the club un-relegated and Ronald Koeman or Derek McInnes or the ghost of Bobby Robson takes over and catapults Ayr into Europe might want to get their nurses to adjust their medication. There are scant few managers willing to operate at this level who can really crack on from it. For the most part this league is pay-to-win.

3 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

I mentioned him in a list of managers out a job, this fuckwit has mentioned it ever since For some reason. 

That’s not quite how it happened.  You named him in the relevant thread and when everyone laughed you said something along the lines of “getting closer every day”.

7 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

That’s not quite how it happened.  You named him in the relevant thread and when everyone laughed you said something along the lines of “getting closer every day”.

Yes, getting closer every day to absolutely rag-dolling your absolute shower of shite at Somerset - yet again

22 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

There were clubs in our league not offering medical coverage for injuries. I remember one of our players, maybe Trouten or Docherty tweeting about clubs needing to look after players in that regard. 

I am guessing Ayr do, judging by the amount of players we have had having surgery in the last few years. Things like that can go a long way. 

I'd be surprised if many other than Kilmarnock and Dunfermline do. We certainly dont. The costs are hugely prohibitive. Its 9 seasons out of 10 cheaper to self insure and just pay for any necessary surgeries. 

A sensible appointment IMO, when you consider the jobbers that were out there available it makes sense to go with Duffy who has clearly steadied the ship instead of bringing in an unknown risk like McIntyre of McCann who have done the rounds and could have potentially been expensive car crashes like Hopkin was. 

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

No one laughed. 

The longer someone is out of work, the more likely they are to accept a decent offer if they have bills to pay

The fact that you have gone on about it continually for a month now proves you are fucking dense. 

See Smith says in the interview that the entrance to Somerset is about to get a bit of an upgrade as it's grubby looking, wonder if that means the grey wall and rusty barbed wire fencing which makes it look like you're entering HMP Somerset Park is getting much needed TLC

45 minutes ago, rb123! said:

See Smith says in the interview that the entrance to Somerset is about to get a bit of an upgrade as it's grubby looking, wonder if that means the grey wall and rusty barbed wire fencing which makes it look like you're entering HMP Somerset Park is getting much needed TLC

I think it's the main door to the stand rather than the corner

46 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Altering the view at the corner would be cultural vandalism.

Not sure how our alleged racism probe is going, however I'm just wondering if the BBC will be inundated with complaints and making the papers today after last nights screening of Still Game.

For those who didn't catch it, basically a money lender has moved into Craiglang and Jack turns to Victor and refers to him as  "that bloody monkey" which seemed pretty similar to what was apparently said at Somerset last week.

Does this mean that Football fans are being held to a different set of rules and standards from the rest of society ? or is it yet another situation that's being taken out of context and used in a cynical way to make football supporters seem racist when they're maybe just from a different generation who used language which to them has no racial connotations but in this era has taken on a whole different meaning ??

Anyway, I'd also like to go on record as totally condemning any sort of racist behaviour whether conscious or unconscious, however last nights episode hit home how much language and meanings has changed in the past 10 years as of course there was no issue at all about that use of language when that show was first aired and the fact it was repeated unedited last night would also make you assume that most still find no issue with it......

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

For those who didn't catch it, basically a money lender has moved into Craiglang and Jack turns to Victor and refers to him as  "that bloody monkey" which seemed pretty similar to what was apparently said at Somerset last week.

Does this mean that Football fans are being held to a different set of rules and standards from the rest of society ? or is it yet another situation that's being taken out of context and used in a cynical way to make football supporters seem racist when they're maybe just from a different generation who used language which to them has no racial connotations but in this era has taken on a whole different meaning ??

In that instance, it was clear he was talking about a white male so there was no obvious racism. He did also call Bobby a f*g in the episode though. 

Referring to a team with a black player(s) as a shower of monkeys doesn't have the same certainty, although the meanings could well have been the same. An investigation is completely warranted and the supporter banned if guilty. 

With the derby coming up, both teams should come together and try and have the word "black" removed from that song. I've noticed some fans singing that bit a hard B. Local papers should be doing their bit as well to get rid of it. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

In that instance, it was clear he was talking about a white male so there was no obvious racism. He did also call Bobby a f*g in the episode though. 

Referring to a team with a black player(s) as a shower of monkeys doesn't have the same certainty, although the meanings could well have been the same. An investigation is completely warranted and the supporter banned if guilty. 

With the derby coming up, both teams should come together and try and have the word "black" removed from that song. I've noticed some fans singing that bit a hard B. Local papers should be doing their bit as well to get rid of it. 

I agree the word Black needs changed .unwashed has a better ring too it .don't we have a fans liason officer who can/should be working  with fans to eradicate this problem.