The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Dont know how I managed to miss Daire get injured, but hope hes back in time for the visit of our Ayrshire neighbours 🤞

After speaking to someone  I I fear that  it  is  doubtful  he is back for that game , hopefully  not 

Edited by Finlay21

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Apologies folks as I've been off the grid for a couple of months guys but has Duffy ruled himself out of the permanent job? 

Or are folk just generally against him getting it long-term?

I feel he’d be ok till the end of the season but no longer. He seems to be able to get a tune out this squad which is way more than hopkin ever could. 

I do think we should try and get a permanent manager in, I’d like Owen coyle or someone with something to prove that hasn’t been in Scotland for a while. Kind of what McCall did for us 

6 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Apologies folks as I've been off the grid for a couple of months guys but has Duffy ruled himself out of the permanent job? 

Or are folk just generally against him getting it long-term?

Ok for stability , but not my choice of longer term solution 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

Ok for stability , but not my choice of longer term solution 

This, short term he’s Absoulotely solid but not long term. I really like Yogi but he arguably falls into the same category.

Darren Young has been tipped before but he’s making a real mess of it at EF and their fans want him gone. 

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This, short term he’s Absoulotely solid but not long term. I really like Yogi but he arguably falls into the same category.

Darren Young has been tipped before but he’s making a real mess of it at EF and their fans want him gone. 

Aye Darren Young's stock isn't what it was a couple of years ago. Would definitely give him a miss.

Just now, AuAl said:

Aye Darren Young's stock isn't what it was a couple of years ago. Would definitely give him a miss.

There isn’t many lower league managers I’d take. Petrie is the obvious choice but given he allegedly turned down Dunfermline (where he’s regarded a legend) a doubt that’s an option. 

4 minutes ago, AuAl said:

yes , his credibility has dropped off a cliff rapidly, Fraz I would now have you before him  

Edited by Finlay21

Today was almost inevitable. Morton did everything right to stop us winning the game. There were changes to the personnel in the second half but the shape stayed pretty much the same. 

The next 2 games will likely be the same. unless we score first, we could be in for frustrating games unless Duffy can change things going forward when he has to. O'Conner was our main forward threat in the game so it'll be interesting to see if Duffy gets another game and if he can switch things about. 

You could put today down as a credible draw but too many of them can turn mid-table in to a relegation fight or a play-off place in to a mid-table bore-fest. We need to look capable of turning these games around. 

Still a big step up from a month ago though.  

33 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Not that I’m overly wanting to go back to the negative and the lack of communication from the club but as far as I’m aware, at no point has it been mentioned that Afolabi is injured. 

Cant recall seeing a pre match preview this week ,

55 minutes ago, Sainteepip said:

Upset to read reports of at least one Ayr fan engaged in racial abuse at yesterday’s tie. What on earth is going on in Scottish football just now? It’s a weekly occurrence. 

Heard about this, think it was up in the stand. Hope they figure out who it was and get them banned. No excuse.

Sadly far too common.