The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

32 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The fact that clubs are doing it doesnt automatically mean the majority of fans prefer it though. They do what the have to do to get in. Or they get someone else to do it for them. Or they stop going. Thats not a free choice. 

This is the crux of it. I am amazed how difficult some clubs are making it for their "customers" to give them money. "Cashless" and non-PATG systems are a nonsense for a variety of fans. At Ayr is it possible to get in if you don't have a smart phone or access to a printer, for example?

7 hours ago, wuffster said:

This is the crux of it. I am amazed how difficult some clubs are making it for their "customers" to give them money. "Cashless" and non-PATG systems are a nonsense for a variety of fans. At Ayr is it possible to get in if you don't have a smart phone or access to a printer, for example?

Well aye, you can use cash to buy a ticket in the club shop.

Talking about tickets, has anyone ever thought of the clubs joining forces and creating a season ticket for the whole league campaign - home and away games.

Would be ideal for those fans that go to every game.  I card, paid up front, done.  You just go to the games.

Life should be easier not harder.

For those that can’t afford the lump sum, have some sort of finance company involved (I’m sure there would be plenty of interest if all clubs were involved) and make it payable in instalments throughout the season.

Clubs would also have a much clearer picture of numbers and can plan ahead.

8 hours ago, wuffster said:

At Ayr is it possible to get in if you don't have a smart phone or access to a printer, for example?

Yes , very easy , we sell tickets from the shop which is  only a few yards away from turnstiles from 11 am to kick off on game days ( along with selling in shop on Mon,Wed,Thu,Fri leading up to game ) , at Ayr home games around 75/80% of non season tickets holders buy their tickets online before arriving at ground , would be good to see how other teams perform , we cater for all situations, we have a purchase over the phone and collect on game day scheme also 

Edited by Finlay21

18 hours ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I mean this has clearly been done to death, blown out of proportion and positions entrenched along petty tribal lines but why on earth - in 2021 - should Ayr United be expected to sell and post physical tickets to customers of Partick Thistle in the first place? I'm sure our staff and volunteers have enough to do for Ayr United. 

Your game, your tickets, your money. Relying on somebody else's good will to sell to fans is embarrassing. You can't turn this on us. 

Checkmate.

1 hour ago, eez-eh said:

Well aye, you can use cash to buy a ticket in the club shop.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes , very easy , we sell tickets from the shop which is  only a few yards away from turnstiles from 11 am to kick off on game days

Great. Long may it continue.

10 hours ago, wuffster said:

Bottom line for me is that if you don’t live locally in Ayr and make a late decision to go to the game e.g. you need a shift swap or for any number of other reasons, what do you do?  The contempt that football has as a whole for the paying public is quite extraordinary.

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

Great. Long may it continue.

Clearly there should be a way to buy using cash or card in person, on the day. Not supporting that is needlessly alienating paying customers.

However there does need to be a simple and frictionless online purchase capability, as is the case in other places like cinemas (I cannot remember the last time I bought a cinema ticket at a cinema).

I don't have much experience of the systems at many of the club's in the league, but Ayr's is really not great in terms of the UX. It is quite hard to get right, nobody should underestimate that. Hamilton's was definitely better than Ayr's. I don't understand why the clubs don't collaborate to get a single system used throughout the league - it would make a consistent experience, with a single login and should also enable the clubs to negotiate better commercial terms.

Aye Fans

After Ayr having discussions with Partick re their policy on selling tickets to away fans they have decided to sell tickets to Ayr fans next week between Mon and Fri at Firhill , they did reiterate though that they still have no plans to sell to away fans next Saturday , they will post out up until Wednesday and don’t yet have a collection on game day policy 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Roxanne's man said:

Sending my thoughts to Daire O'Connor. That looked a sore one today and I hope he has a swift recovery. 

Shoulder back in place , awaiting X-ray result , but at the moment better than first thought 

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Shoulder back in place , awaiting X-ray result , but at the moment better than first thought 

He looked like he knew what it was and my initial thought was, its not the first time, they will pop it back in and he'll be back out for the second half. If it is the first time he's had a dislocation he's fucked.  The way it happened, it looked like it's happened before.

If a dislocation doesn't set properly the first time it happens, it'll always happen. a guy I used to work with popped his out once sneezing. 

If it's the first time, he'll be in a sling for 6 weeks anyway, unless he has an operation but even then he'll be out for the bulk of that. 

Bad day at the office, you can’t carry three/ four players in a game and expect to win in this league, would have liked the changes to be made earlier and Moff added a better shape to the team when he came on. But hey if you can’t win it don’t loose it and they did well with that. Thought we were a big team but they are way bigger and hard to play against and draw was about right.

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

Anyone know why the Family Stand was closed today. The kids had to sit in with us old grumpies !

It's been closed the last few games. No idea why but I'm sure someone on here said there was work going on in the FS and there was bits of wood with nails in it during one of the games. Probably closed it off until anything "where there is blame there is a claim" is away