The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

My wee boy asked what songs he can sing at the game tomorrow, told him to listen to 'Daydream Believer' specifically for this game.

Doesn't know who Gus McPherson is, but worked out that he must be a sad man as he's needing cheered up 😂

He really enjoys listening to it 😊 especially the 'Your a, Dirty k*llie Bast*rd, with a sh*te football team!' bit.

His mother obviously disapproves. 🙄 So we are currently looking for child friendly profanity substitutes 😂😂😂

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get the annoyance of the tickets and the way they're brought out. Yes, it's an inconvenience for those who might live far from Somerset but saying that paper tickets should be a thing of the past and we should be moving onto electronic tickets...really?? 

I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't get the annoyance of the tickets and the way they're brought out. Yes, it's an inconvenience for those who might live far from Somerset but saying that paper tickets should be a thing of the past and we should be moving onto electronic tickets...really?? 

Yeah paper tickets are going to very quickly die out.

4 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Yes that correct , got to move with the times , majority of fans prefer a ticket on their mobile devices and more and more  clubs are moving in that direction 

10 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

Kind of think you’ve missed the point.  If Thistle can’t sell tickets online, then fair enough.  But why not have sales on the day or pay at the gate?  But really it’s so easy to set up online sales nowadays that it’s tough to see any real excuse.  Can you imagine e..g. a cinema, making it this difficult to buy a ticket?

13 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Kind of think you’ve missed the point.  If Thistle can’t sell tickets online, then fair enough.  But why not have sales on the day or pay at the gate?  But really it’s so easy to set up online sales nowadays that it’s tough to see any real excuse.  Can you imagine e..g. a cinema, making it this difficult to buy a ticket?

I agree on the pay at the gate, completely. But it's not exactly difficult to buy a ticket from the club shop. Yes, it maybe difficult to if you live far but to counter that, you can always get a ticket when you're going down tomorrow. 

Yes, it is pretty poor from Partick that you can't buy online but is it really that much of an inconvenience.

10 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Loads of great boozers on great western road. I also like the old school house on woodlands road as the have live sports on all day. 
byres road is also close or you can get a bus from the city centre 7 60 60a and 61 all take you within 5 minutes walk to the ground 

I can see the old school house from my front window 👍🏻

50 minutes ago, The Culag said:

Forgive me if it's been discussed to death to put it simply - if you beat Morton tomorrow are you taking Jim Duffy for the full time gig? Guys on the podcast reckon he's worthy. Also did an Ayr special last week when Hopkin left

He has done very well, but I am unsure if he actually wants to be a full-time manager anymore. I think that was the reason he took the coaching gig with us.

However, if he is interested then the job should be his. He has got three wins in a row with a team that looked like it couldn't beat eggs a couple of weeks ago.

11 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

At the moment it’s not down as a TV game , led to believe our last game at home would be the TV game 

Surely not. I was lambasted on here for suggesting that all 4 Ayrshire Derbies wouldnt be televised 🙄

Thought we'd have 2 live games from Somerset this season, although the BBC dont seem to be showing as many. 3 live games and we're about 8 weeks into the season 

21 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Watching the Arbroath game tonight, Nouble causing them lots of problems. The away team aren't the same without Burke either. Is he out for long? 

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Fucking hope so! 

I’ve heard he is out because he’s finally going through puberty. He’ll sound more Barry White and less Dorothy from The Wizard of Oz when he finally does another post match interview. 

4 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

All  home teams with the exception of Thistle in the Championship take control of selling tickets to away supporters

I wouldnt bet on that. If you guys advise us you are likely to bring over 500 to Palmerston you'll get tickets to sell.

Granted you may not bring that many just before Xmas? 

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Yes that correct , got to move with the times , majority of fans prefer a ticket on their mobile devices and more and more  clubs are moving in that direction 

Your fanbase is clearly younger than ours then. Guaranteed the 'majority' would not prefer it at Palmerston. When physical tickets werent allowed for the first 3 games we had a lot just not bother to go.

Fact is people get used to what they have to do and you gradually marginalise and ease out the rest. The majority of Ayr fans 'prefer' to buy online tickets because they've been doing so at home for a couple of years anyway, even pre-pandemic. 

I imagine at some point we'll have to bite the bullet and move to e-ticketing but we're nowhere near that point yet. 

Edited by Skyline Drifter

22 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Your fanbase is clearly younger than ours then. Guaranteed the 'majority' would not prefer it at Palmerston. When physical tickets werent allowed for the first 3 games we had a lot just not bother to go.

Fact is people get used to what they have to do and you gradually marginslise and ease out the rest. The majority of Ayr fans 'prefer' to buy online tickets because they've been doing so at home for a couple of years anyway, even pre-pandemic. 

I imagine at some point we'll have to bite the bullet and move to e-ticketing but we're nowhere near that point yet. 

Say hello to the wooly mammoth 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

I wouldnt bet on that. If you guys advise us you are likely to bring over 500 to Palmerston you'll get tickets to sell.

Granted you may not bring that many just before Xmas? 

Your team takes control of the sale  of tickets for away fans in the majority of games , so yes home teams except Partick take control of away fans allocations ,

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Fact is people get used to what they have to do and you gradually marginalise and ease out the rest. The majority of Ayr fans 'prefer' to buy online tickets because they've been doing so at home for a couple of years anyway, even pre-pandemic. 

Most teams are though , 

5 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Most teams are though , 

Are they? 

I genuinely dont know. It was a physical ticket at Morton when we were there a few weeks ago. It was eticket at Raith. We werent allowed to go to Partick at all. Inverness are encouraging eticket purchase but you can buy at the ground. Clearly you will be eticket. What are the rest doing? 

The fact that clubs are doing it doesnt automatically mean the majority of fans prefer it though. They do what the have to do to get in. Or they get someone else to do it for them. Or they stop going. Thats not a free choice.