The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

The arrangement for us was equally a nightmare. I only found out on Thursday that I could definitely attend the game, and my options were basically to travel to Kilmarnock on Friday to pick one up, get someone to pick one up for me, or sit in the home end. As it was, I found someone to get one for me, but I don't understand why Thistle seem to be the only club operating in this way.

There is no logic to not selling tickets on the day to away supporters unless there is a capacity issue, which there isn't.

It’s almost as if they are holding a grudge after their relegation/demotion and trying to make it as hard as they can for opposition fans to attend games. 

Not so cuddly anymore etc. 

8 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s almost as if they are holding a grudge after their relegation/demotion and trying to make it as hard as they can for opposition fans to attend games. 

Not so cuddly anymore etc. 

You’re surely not suggesting Ian McCall has a chip on his shoulder?

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Utter nonsense , we can sell up to 2000 tickets , the first drop was 400  and they will deliver more when required , Partick are the issue here , they have same online ticket system as us but chose not to make tickets available online for away fans next week , think any queries should be directed to them 

So we didn't say we would bring 400 then ? And I know for a fact we recently had over 1000 at Firhill .

15 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

We have already had a number of sales over the phone , we are posting out with a registered post cost ,  don’t get your point about Ayr selling tickets , we have been selling tickets online for 3 years which 75/80 %  of our non season ticket holders including away fans  take advantage of , that’s customer friendly , Thistle making fans go to grounds to get tickets is a bit in the past now 

Sorry, I meant how did Ayr deal with selling physical tickets in the past, rather than all ticket sales. I wasn’t very clear there.

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Think we are seeing an example here of someone who absolutely refuses to accept that their club could be deserving of any criticism from others.  It's usually reserved for OF fans but it does exist accross the board.  

Not at all. There is plenty to criticise us for and deservedly so but having made the decision to give away teams physical tickets, for a variety of reasons, then we can’t really be slated for Ayr’s inability to post them to Edinburgh, Dundee or Annan with eight days to go to the fixture.

38 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

I have scrolled back and seen the example you reference - that was a supporter who wanted to purchase last minute having had plenty of time to get their ticket in advance, the same opportunity that Ayr United fans have.

Kilmarnock and Greenock Morton both offered the option for tickets to be posted to supporters, something Ayr United haven’t offered, that I can see - a bit tinpot.

We are posting if people ask , don’t get away from the inconvenience Partick are causing away fans when they have an online facility and chose not to provide to away fans , utter disgrace in this day and age 

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

So we didn't say we would bring 400 then ? And I know for a fact we recently had over 1000 at Firhill .

We supplied Ayr United 400 initial tickets based on the numbers they said they would bring to Firhill.

We did the same when Morton said they’d bring 500(they got 500 tickets in the first allocation) and we supplied Kilmarnock with 1,000 tickets when that was the number they requested to begin with. 

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

We are posting if people ask , don’t get away from the inconvenience Partick are causing away fans when they have an online facility and chose not to provide to away fans , utter disgrace in this day and age 

‘If people ask’ - surely the super duper Ayr United customer service facility should be advertising this upfront?

7 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Sorry, I meant how did Ayr deal with selling physical tickets in the past, rather than all ticket sales. I wasn’t very clear there.

What does selling tickets in the past have to do with your inconvenient way to sell to away fans , club has moved on with technology that makes it easier for fans to purchase tickets , but I you prefer to live in the past jog on 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

‘If people ask’ - surely the super duper Ayr United customer service facility should be advertising this upfront?

We offer our fans and away fans a stress free way to purchase tickets , but you carry on with your defence of selling tickets in an inconvenient way , if you provided the link that most other clubs give to away fans to purchase tickets there would not be an issue , it’s your club causing the issues about time you accepted it , now is the time to ignore your pathetic defence 

10 minutes ago, HMIP said:

You’re surely not suggesting Ian McCall has a chip on his shoulder?

Yes, because Ian McCall is directly involved in ticket allocations and sales. 

In any case, I think it seems fairly clear that both clubs are at fault here. We’ve made it more difficult by only providing physical tickets, and then Ayr have made that even more difficult by not being able to get them to fans effectively. 

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

What does selling tickets in the past have to do with your inconvenient way to sell to away fans , club has moved on with technology that makes it easier for fans to purchase tickets , but I you prefer to live in the past jig in 

We have chosen to provide clubs with physical tickets in plenty of time to sell. 

Supporters are complaining they can’t get their ticket, 8 days from the match, because they live in another area. This is because Ayr aren’t catering to their need by advertising this publicly(because you ‘have to ask’).

There could be a number of reasons why we have chosen to do this(provide physical tickets) but Greenock Morton and Kilmarnock didn’t have an issue with with selling them to supporters without many issues.

Edited by South Lanarkshire Jag

I mean this has clearly been done to death, blown out of proportion and positions entrenched along petty tribal lines but why on earth - in 2021 - should Ayr United be expected to sell and post physical tickets to customers of Partick Thistle in the first place? I'm sure our staff and volunteers have enough to do for Ayr United. 
Your game, your tickets, your money. Relying on somebody else's good will to sell to fans is embarrassing. You can't turn this on us. 

This is the crux of it. Yes we could make it a bit easier to get tickets to home fans but we shouldn’t be in the position to sell them in the first place.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

Yes, because Ian McCall is directly involved in ticket allocations and sales. 

In any case, I think it seems fairly clear that both clubs are at fault here. We’ve made it more difficult by only providing physical tickets, and then Ayr have made that even more difficult by not being able to get them to fans effectively. 

That’s nuts.  What would you like Ayr to do?  Hand deliver them to each Ayr fan? Simple fact is Partick could sell tickets online but have chosen not to and not offered any facility to buy a ticket on the day or simply pay at the gate.  The only options that leaves are a) Pick up the ticket yourself which is hopeless if you live in e.g. Glasgow or b) Have the ticket posted, which is a dead loss for anyone who can only commit to going 24-48 hours before the game.  It’s all a bit of a nonsense in this day and age and is completely out of line with the arrangements at other clubs.  It’s no way to run a business.

33 minutes ago, HMIP said:

That’s nuts.  What would you like Ayr to do?  Hand deliver them to each Ayr fan? Simple fact is Partick could sell tickets online but have chosen not to and not offered any facility to buy a ticket on the day or simply pay at the gate.  The only options that leaves are a) Pick up the ticket yourself which is hopeless if you live in e.g. Glasgow or b) Have the ticket posted, which is a dead loss for anyone who can only commit to going 24-48 hours before the game.  It’s all a bit of a nonsense in this day and age and is completely out of line with the arrangements at other clubs.  It’s no way to run a business.

I’m not sure why Thistle aren’t offering PATG, and I’m absolutely not a fan of our current board. I particularly don’t understand why we couldn’t have an area in the Aitken suite or something where fans can pick up pre-ordered tickets if that’s the way we want to do it.

However, surely it’s well established that it’s common practice for all ticket matches for the away team to handle away ticket sales? 

33 minutes ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

However, surely it’s well established that it’s common practice for all ticket matches for the away team to handle away ticket sales? 

Not in 2021 for a fixture hosted by a large and established club.

1 hour ago, oneteaminglasgow said:

All  home teams with the exception of Thistle in the Championship take control of selling tickets to away supporters , Thistle ( GB) have confirmed that this situation is being caused by their system not being compliant to provide an away fans link to tickets and hope to have it rectified in the coming weeks 

Edited by Finlay21