The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

6 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Is that tweet from VoR suggesting that Thistle are saying its Ayrs choice to only sell tickets that way?  Doesn't seem likely if Killie had to do the same.  

Or maybe I'm just reading it wrong and they can't be arsed giving a reason 🤣

Screenshot_20210924-104121_Twitter.jpg

Killie AFAIK posted tickets out to their supporters. Doesn't seem like Ayr United are offering the same postage facility to their own supporters. 

20 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Ayr will get as many tickets as they request up to the capacity of the stand(around 2,000). They were asked how many tickets they want and informed Thistle they would only bring 400 fans to Firhill so got 400 tickets to start with the option for more when required.

That's not true. The Aitken Suite is open within the Colin Weir Stand before and after each game. Ayr will be changing elsewhere within the Colin Weir Stand. 

Things you love to hear etc. 

12 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Killie AFAIK posted tickets out to their supporters. Doesn't seem like Ayr United are offering the same postage facility to their own supporters. 

Ah I suppose that makes sense.  Basically saying that if Ayr fans wanted to buy online or over phone it's up to Ayr to arrange it.  

34 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ah I suppose that makes sense.  Basically saying that if Ayr fans wanted to buy online or over phone it's up to Ayr to arrange it.  

Partick have the same ticket company as us and only they can make them available online , they have told us today they have no intention at moment of selling away tickets on the day , they have  done the exact same process with us  as they done with Kilmarnock , 

Edited by Finlay21

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Partick have the same ticket company as us and only they can make them available online , they have told us today they have no intention at moment of selling away tickets on the day , they have  done the exact same process with us  as they done with Kilmarnock , 

Option was buy in Glasgow up to Friday or buy in Ayr  I believe , think the right decision was taken as Ayr have a home game tomorrow giving more people the chance to purchase a ticket , why Partick chose not to make tickets available online for either Killie or Ayr game is questionable 

Edited by Finlay21

Who at the club came up with the ridiculous figure of 400 travelling support, I thought the "We're only a wee club " mentality would have stopped once Cameron left, recently we've regularly took over a 1000 or high hundreds to Firhhill. Smith needs to eradicate this attitude from within the club, that added to poor admin causing us a cup result is amateurish at best. 

4 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Who at the club came up with the ridiculous figure of 400 travelling support, I thought the "We're only a wee club " mentality would have stopped once Cameron left, recently we've regularly took over a 1000 or high hundreds to Firhhill. Smith needs to eradicate this attitude from within the club, that added to poor admin causing us a cup result is amateurish at best. 

Really not sure about recent figures, but given we rarely muster 1400 at home games these days, I’m doubtful we’ll take a travelling support of 1000 to Partick.  That said, I was surprised we had 400 at Accies, so who knows.

14 minutes ago, Mod1967 said:

Utter nonsense , we can sell up to 2000 tickets , the first drop was 400  and they will deliver more when required , Partick are the issue here , they have same online ticket system as us but chose not to make tickets available online for away fans next week , think any queries should be directed to them 

Edited by Finlay21

30 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Utter nonsense , we can sell up to 2000 tickets , the first drop was 400  and they will deliver more when required , Partick are the issue here , they have same online ticket system as us but chose not to make tickets available online for away fans next week , think any queries should be directed to them 

We supplied tickets to Greenock Morton and Kilmarnock in the exact same time frame and they managed to professionally handle it and sell to their own supporters. The issue here is the inflexibility of Ayr United to cater to the needs of their own support. 

11 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

We supplied tickets to Greenock Morton and Kilmarnock in the exact same time frame and they managed to professionally handle it and sell to their own supporters. The issue here is the inflexibility of Ayr United to cater to the needs of their own support. 

How can we not cater to needs ? We are doing exactly as Morton and Kilmarnock done , just that for all our home games we make it easy for away supporters by putting tickets online that are electronically sent to their email address and we scan the QR code from their phones or they can chose to print ticket , Partick have the same company as us , why don’t they make them available online ? 

Edited by Finlay21

10 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

To be honest, as a fan looking from the outside in. It feels really odd that you have the same ticket system as us, yet we can't use it for away tickets. Are there logistical challenges on the Partick end that prevent this? It is admittedly common place for cup games to have to buy tickets via the shop, but for a league game it feels odd. 

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

How can we not cater to needs ? We are doing exactly as Morton and Kilmarnock done 

Greenock Morton and Kilmarnock posted tickets to supporters AFAIK. Ayr United are asking people to come to their car park to purchase - zero advertisement, that I can see, of telephone sales or sales for postage - happy to be corrected if this isn’t the case.

I know everyone is jumping on the ‘all tickets should be online’ which is a completely valid point but this concept shouldn’t be alien to Ayr United from the last few seasons and they just seem incapable of doing it in a flexible fashion to their own support - how did they sell tickets for games previously?

1 minute ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

Greenock Morton and Kilmarnock posted tickets to supporters AFAIK. Ayr United are asking people to come to their car park to purchase - zero advertisement, that I can see, of telephone sales or sales for postage - happy to be corrected if this isn’t the case.

I know everyone is jumping on the ‘all tickets should be online’ which is a completely valid point but this concept shouldn’t be alien to Ayr United from the last few seasons and they just seem incapable of doing it in a flexible fashion to their own support - how did they sell tickets for games previously?

Suggest you scroll back.  There was a Killie fan on earlier saying how inconvenient the system was with tickets having to be handed out to their fans outside the ground by a club official.  Face facts.  This is tinpot stuff from Partick.

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Suggest you scroll back.  There was a Killie fan on earlier saying how inconvenient the system was with tickets having to be handed out to their fans outside the ground by a club official.  Face facts.  This is tinpot stuff from Partick.

I have scrolled back and seen the example you reference - that was a supporter who wanted to purchase last minute having had plenty of time to get their ticket in advance, the same opportunity that Ayr United fans have.

Kilmarnock and Greenock Morton both offered the option for tickets to be posted to supporters, something Ayr United haven’t offered, that I can see - a bit tinpot.

10 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

I have scrolled back and seen the example you reference - that was a supporter who wanted to purchase last minute having had plenty of time to get their ticket in advance, the same opportunity that Ayr United fans have.

Kilmarnock and Greenock Morton both offered the option for tickets to be posted to supporters, something Ayr United haven’t offered, that I can see - a bit tinpot.

Delusional.  What does last minute mean in this context?  If you need to have your ticket posted out then it’s probably 48 hours in advance at least.  Aren’t we supposed to be making it easier for fans to attend games?  To go from Accies system to this is quite something.

The arrangement for us was equally a nightmare. I only found out on Thursday that I could definitely attend the game, and my options were basically to travel to Kilmarnock on Friday to pick one up, get someone to pick one up for me, or sit in the home end. As it was, I found someone to get one for me, but I don't understand why Thistle seem to be the only club operating in this way.

There is no logic to not selling tickets on the day to away supporters unless there is a capacity issue, which there isn't.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Option was buy in Glasgow up to Friday or buy in Ayr  I believe , think the right decision was taken as Ayr have a home game tomorrow giving more people the chance to purchase a ticket , why Partick chose not to make tickets available online for either Killie or Ayr game is questionable 

Seems to be because they are living in the past and using actual tickets. 

Tiny club. 

Edited by itzdrk

31 minutes ago, South Lanarkshire Jag said:

We have already had a number of sales over the phone , we are posting out with a registered post cost ,  don’t get your point about Ayr selling tickets , we have been selling tickets online for 3 years which 75/80 %  of our non season ticket holders including away fans  take advantage of , that’s customer friendly , Thistle making fans go to grounds to get tickets is a bit in the past now