The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

31 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Also worth mentioning that the social club at Firhill is getting used by the players to change so won’t be able to get in there. No idea if there is any decent pubs near the ground that will let Away fans in. 

We love a stomp down Great Western Road to Wintergills prematch then the Woodside Inn & The Carnarvon Bar afterwards

2 hours ago, rb123! said:

On the subject of derbies, i take it ticket news for next month is being held off until we get vaccine passport clarification and approval from SAC for how many fans will be allowed in @Finlay21?

Awaiting answer on how many fans are allowed in , at the moment it’s 5000 , but looking to increase it 

32 minutes ago, C4mmy31 said:

Correct....  it was a total pain for some fans who couldn't make it to RP to pick up their tickets, so much so, Chris Stokes, our club captain, collected tickets for fans and met them outside Firhill to deliver them.

If any Ayr fans purchase before cob Wednesday over phone I can bring them up , the reason for Wednesday is that I am away Thursday and Friday and would need to take tickets with me when finishing on Wednesday 

24 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Awaiting answer on how many fans are allowed in , at the moment it’s 5000 , but looking to increase it 

Thought 10,000 would be unlikely, not sure if you'd have got a 10,000 sell out anyway with the game being a Tuesday night, not sure if it's on the BBC or not, would be surprised if it isn't.

Would expect us to probably be allowed 6-7,000 max, if the Duffy train continues full steam ahead demand will probably be even greater for a home ticket

7 hours ago, rb123! said:

Thought 10,000 would be unlikely, not sure if you'd have got a 10,000 sell out anyway with the game being a Tuesday night, not sure if it's on the BBC or not, would be surprised if it isn't.

Would expect us to probably be allowed 6-7,000 max, if the Duffy train continues full steam ahead demand will probably be even greater for a home ticket

At the moment it’s not down as a TV game , led to believe our last game at home would be the TV game 

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Also worth mentioning that the social club at Firhill is getting used by the players to change so won’t be able to get in there. No idea if there is any decent pubs near the ground that will let Away fans in. 

Loads of great boozers on great western road. I also like the old school house on woodlands road as the have live sports on all day. 
byres road is also close or you can get a bus from the city centre 7 60 60a and 61 all take you within 5 minutes walk to the ground 

Just now, Finlay21 said:

It’s up the local authorities, we have applied 

I’m sure it’ll be fine then, as there’s no justification to not allow it. I would imagine legal action would be possible if it was denied too, given the precedent set by every single other council area. 

13 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Don’t know if we are getting more tickets or if that’s all the section we are in can hold , hopefully Partick can clear that up , you would think there must be another way to get tickets , surprised at them selling tickets like this as they have an online ticket sales system 

Ayr will get as many tickets as they request up to the capacity of the stand(around 2,000). They were asked how many tickets they want and informed Thistle they would only bring 400 fans to Firhill so got 400 tickets to start with the option for more when required.

11 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That's not true. The Aitken Suite is open within the Colin Weir Stand before and after each game. Ayr will be changing elsewhere within the Colin Weir Stand. 

Just now, Killiefan said:

“5000 home fans” where did that figure come from? Must be hoping The Rangers aren’t playing so all Ayrshire **** can once again top up your tiny support.

10:33 on the morning of an away day to Arbroath and you’ve got Ayr United on your mind. You’re some boy.