The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Iain said:

That's a good result. Don't think Hamilton had a single decent chance after we went ahead. Well managed, though there will be tougher tests ahead.

Think we have had our tougher tests in Killie and ICT and it wasn’t a cricket score.

We can only play who is in front of us.

League might be full of shite, but it’s our shite, and if we beat shite, then we are still winners 😊😊😊

13 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Think we have had our tougher tests in Killie and ICT and it wasn’t a cricket score.

We can only play who is in front of us.

League might be full of shite, but it’s our shite, and if we beat shite, then we are still winners 😊😊😊

We were the better team by far today and thoroughly deserved the points, make no mistake about that. Yes, the first half in particular was poor but Ayr played all of the football in the second half and could have had 3 or 4.

Early days of course but Duffy looks to have got the balance between clearing the lines and keeping it tight at the back to playing football and creating chances in the final third just about right so far and long may it continue !!!

Hamilton had the bulk of possession and controlled the game but lacked any creativity where as Ayr had 2 chances and took them.

Adeloye is clinical in front of goal and a lovely finish from Bradley as well.

still cracks all over the team but that’s 2 wins we’d have struggled with under Hopkin. 
Hamilton, like Dunfermline don’t look a million miles away from being a decent team, Almost a reverse of Dunfermline, Hamilton were tight at the back and poor going forward.

Morton the next run of games will be the real test to see how far we have came, 3 inconsistent, mid table teams that we need to pick points up from to either be one or be better than one 

Thought the front 3 were brilliant in the second half especially O’Connor who grew in confidence throughout the game. Tomi and Bradley took their goals well and Moff brought a bit of composure in the last few mins up front. Lovely stuff. 

Never thought I'd say this when Duffy was given the caretaker gig but if he gets a result next weekend I'd be more than happy to give him the job to the end of the season, it's maybe the safe and least exciting option but safe and steady is maybe what the club needs just now, plus get Adeloye on improved deal to the end of next season!

7 minutes ago, mugen_power said:

Afolabi been punted back to the Green arsecheek?

I don’t think I’ve even seen his name mentioned in the match previews.  I wouldn’t normally punt a player for a rash red card, but in this case it just seemed to sum up his attitude.

Taylor says Accies dominated the game.  Completely delusional if he really thinks that.  The first half was just 2 poor teams pawing at each other to absolutely no consequence.  Accies should have taken the lead through the free header at the corner though.  The 2nd half was more of the same,  though our change of shape made us look a bit better.  Our goal was well worked but really came out of nowhere.  Seemed to knock the stuffing out of Accies and we went on to win pretty comfortably after that. 

7 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Taylor says Accies dominated the game.  Completely delusional if he really thinks that.  The first half was just 2 poor teams pawing at each other to absolutely no consequence.  Accies should have taken the lead through the free header at the corner though.  The 2nd half was more of the same,  though our change of shape made us look a bit better.  Our goal was well worked but really came out of nowhere.  Seemed to knock the stuffing out of Accies and we went on to win pretty comfortably after that. 

You could say they dominated possession but they didn’t do anything with it, Ayr probably has less chances and scored 2.

Ayr deserved to win the game based on that. 
AAA9E31D-5AEF-4EF1-B93E-3ED260B9EBF3.thumb.jpeg.6b196e6093ca1dfa4fc107360b52ca60.jpeg

Edited by diegomarahenry
Adding stats

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

You could say they dominated possession but they didn’t do anything with it, Ayr probably has less chances and scored 2.

Ayr deserved to win the game based on that. 

Accies had plenty of possession and certainly exploited our wonky midfield set up that we fortunately had to change at half time due to Houston’s injury.  I’d say Bradley and Houston were particularly poor down our right hand side and were caught too many times by long diagonals in behind.  But in the end, Accies were powder puff up front.  To me “domination” means creating chances and taking them, not painting pretty patterns in no mans land, which is what Accies did all afternoon.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

We are sitting 2 points behind uncle Ian 🤣🤣🤣

Reassuring, but that's after they've played the two favourites in successive weeks. Admittedly Ayr have played them both too.

Duffy's to lose now. Can't see him stepping aside voluntarily, and can't see the managerial merry-go-round proceeding after three wins on the bounce.

Would have won zero of them under Hopkin.

Edited by Thumper

My thoughts currently are, Duffy has won 3/3

They are arguably 3 of the easiest games this season based on current form. Ayrs form is down to Hopkin leaving.

6+ points from our next 3 games would put Most Ayr fans behind Duffy

if we don’t get 6 points, is it down to the squad and could any manager have led us to that target with the squad Hopkin built ? Meaning Duffy is performing as well as anyone could? Does it then come down to his ability to recruit? 

the issues I see are not down to tactics now, but personnel. If Duffy was appointed on Monday I’d think it was too early but I wouldn’t be unhappy 

The only thing I’ll say is that if Duffy gets appointed then it won’t be till the end of the season. Smith has said that it needs to be a long term appointment so we have to consider how good Duffy would be for us beyond this season.

For that reason I wouldn’t give it to him. Yes he’s done really well in the last 3 games but I think it’s been far more to getting back to basics and playing to the teams strengths rather than anything special.

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The only thing I’ll say is that if Duffy gets appointed then it won’t be till the end of the season. Smith has said that it needs to be a long term appointment so we have to consider how good Duffy would be for us beyond this season.

For that reason I wouldn’t give it to him. Yes he’s done really well in the last 3 games but I think it’s been far more to getting back to basics and playing to the teams strengths rather than anything special.

This.

If it was to be the likes of Hughes, he inherited the coaching team at County - the experience of Duffy hanging around could certainly be helpful. Unless he has had a change of heart in terms of only being in the coaching staff after his experiences of Hopkin.