The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Can't say I understand the general feeling of not caring less about the cup. It's easily our best chance of winning the first national competition in our history. It would be nice just to win it once, get the monkey off our back, then from that point onwards we can have the luxury of being able to treat it like a 'diddy' cup and go back to not caring about it.

The player Killie played was suspended, which shouldn't be an easy mistake to make since clubs receive lists of suspended players frequently. The SFA even publish these lists on their website.

Anyway, we've made a mistake and we'll just have to take our medicine on Monday. 

In face of Lowland League opposition it probably seemed like a good opportunity to give Bilham and Jeanes a chance. Eight changes from the Saturday and Ecrepont making his first start makes it even more clear that this tie was not approached with the intensity of a league fixture. Rightly so – our Lowland League opponents did not register a shot on goal. Personally I share the club’s contempt and I could not care less what the blazers decide on Monday.

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

The youth team are out the modern day equivalent of the BP Youth Cup, beaten 4-2 by Auchinleck.

At face value that looks a terrible scoreline. Anybody got a good handle on what the current and future crop of academy players are looking like?

Yes.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

The youth team are out the modern day equivalent of the BP Youth Cup, beaten 4-2 by Auchinleck.

At face value that looks a terrible scoreline. Anybody got a good handle on what the current and future crop of academy players are looking like?

I'm actually pretty surprised that Talbot HAVE a youth team.