The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, Skyline Drifter said:

Rangers are entering a B team and the rules of the competition allow them to recall players to play in it (they could in theory have recalled James Maxwell to play against you). Ayr United are a first team in context of this competition even if they chose to play a shadow side. You can't play players who are out on loan to other clubs in it.

There's little doubt you'll be thrown out here. There are formalities to go through but it will be an expulsion.

I know, it was a general point in terms of the shambolic rule bending for the colts. 

Given it having no effect on the game, expulsion would be hilarious. 

Ayr have done that deliberately and nobody will convince me otherwise.

Fair play. It’s what I’ve wanted the Rovers to do for years - win the game, throw on an ineligible player, get kicked out of a pointless tournament.

10 minutes ago, craigkillie said:

Whether it has an effect on the game is irrelevant. You can't play players who aren't allowed to play. We were stung by it earlier in the season too.

Ayr once played a suspended player against Livingston in the League Cup, who proceeded to score twice. Instead of being expelled from the competition, a fine was issued. We went on to beat Killie in the next round and then played at Ibrox. The £12k paid out was easily recouped.

That isn't going to happen here though. We'll be punted.

18 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s a fucking minter from the club. Really disappointing as we had a good chance of making at least the semis. 

Totally, surely that’s a schoolboy error by the club , there was no need for them to be involved 

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Totally, surely that’s a schoolboy error by the club , there was no need for them to be involved 

To think we were laughing at Killie for playing a suspended player in the league cup. 

If we do get chucked out (and I don’t see a scenario where we don’t) you’d like to think the club will arrange refunds for the fans who attended although that could be problematic as I think they just bought the tickets through Rangers website. 

1 hour ago, Skyline Drifter said:

EDIT - Although bizarrely Livingston weren't expelled when they fielded a suspended player in a tie in Ireland 2 or 3 years ago and got to replay it so who knows?

The Reverend Ian Paisley and the Confederation of Loyal British Police Officers And Their Big Scary Dugs know.

Anyway, it's an amateur mistake but considering the obvious upheaval and that surely nobody at the club gave the remotest f**k by the end of the Hopkin era it's forgiveable. When der *** win they can put it in their fake wee trophy cabinet along with all the other trophies they didn't win.

Don't care about the cup much. 😐

Though if we are to take positives, it's good those boys got their competitive debuts. Though rubbish it be under these shitey circumstances.

Must mean a lot for a young boy to appear for their senior team, no matter how brief or who the opposition is 😊