The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Reading was outstanding, but I still want Maxwell to left back and him into left midfield as his crossing showed on Saturday we would benefit big time, Maxwell no harm to him will never play for the first team at Rangers but will make a very good left back as shown last season. Please make it happen Duffy it’s glaring to see the boy is out of sorts in the middle.

Reading was outstanding, but I still want Maxwell to left back and him into left midfield as his crossing showed on Saturday we would benefit big time, Maxwell no harm to him will never play for the first team at Rangers but will make a very good left back as shown last season. Please make it happen Duffy it’s glaring to see the boy is out of sorts in the middle.
Would you move O'Conner into the central midfield or move him out to the right hand side of midfield and drop Salkeld? Personally I liked the look of the developing partnership with Redding and O'Connor up the left.

Aye I wouldn’t change where we play Reading. His two great passes on Saturday were down to the fact he had a winger in front of him to give him options. He’s not the type of player that’s going to regular dribble by full backs, unlike O’Connor.

I think Reading playing LM for Scotland U21's says more about Scot Gemmill's tactics than his actual ability to play there. Twice he played there on the other side the RM was Nathan Patterson while people like David Turnbull didn't make it off the bench.

Sound familiar?

Not heard the Smith interview yet, but really not surprised about how much he’s invested so far. From purchasing club to the investments of buying land, the new hub, upgrade in pitch facilities etc it will mount up, but it’s not money that’s being wasted, it will be proper investment and we will see an actual benefit to it, a legacy as he’s mentioned. It’s really important he does help with recruiting the right manager to help with his vision and if Duffy is able to be a safe pair of hands short term, it gives him time to get the right guy in. 

Looking at the Land Register it shows 3 purchases between 2010-2011 for the house, car park and shop and office space. All 3 were then purchased this year presumably by Smith so going on the basis he would give Kirkwood or whoever owned them the money they paid back and add in the £50k for the land behind the North Terracing then it's £405k in total.

He clearly has invested a lot fully aware he won't ever see a full return on the money but if a refurbished boardroom, kitchen and players lounge helps makes us more professional for players and staff then it can only help in the long term. That's before you get on to things like the hub and trying to improving the experience for the fans.  

He does mention looking for training facilities and given he talks about more involvement in the community I doubt a return to Glasgow is an option. Since a replacement for Dam Park is currently being built I wonder if that could be an option. Not sure what the day to day intention for it is but the current one isn't exactly busy during the day, unless he is intending to build one himself.

1 hour ago, GaryMc93 said:

He does mention looking for training facilities and given he talks about more involvement in the community I doubt a return to Glasgow is an option. Since a replacement for Dam Park is currently being built I wonder if that could be an option. Not sure what the day to day intention for it is but the current one isn't exactly busy during the day, unless he is intending to build one himself.

There's a nice big bit of land behind the railway end which isn't getting houses on it anymore from what i believe, just saying....