The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Quite enjoyed that interview, no offence to our inhouse team but you can tell Spiers is a pro in this game. Quite comfortable asking reflective questions about mistakes and lessons learned. Genuinely surprised Smith has chucked £1.5m into the club so far, had a figure in my head that was a bit lower. Suppose it makes sense with buying the land as well. Also sounds like he's already told some agents to chase themselves for being unfaithful (Todorov "signing" comes to mind). DoF role sounds like it is a bit off at present until the club's turnover rises, guessing this would require being established chasing playoffs in the Championship as a minimum. 

9 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Only £34 though. 

I was born in 1990, if I wear that shirt, will I look even more of a pillock?

You don’t wear it.  You get it framed and hung on the wall, then tell folk you got it from wee Henry the day we got promoted up at Stirling Albion.  Don’t buy the extra large though, will look suspect.

39 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
51 minutes ago, Roxanne said:
Only £34 though. 
I was born in 1990, if I wear that shirt, will I look even more of a pillock?

I went to my first game with my Dad in '87 so it's perfect for me.

Would love a remake of the shirt wore during the semi final against Hibs. 😊 Not had a yellow and red away strip in a while 🤔 think last one was Iveco Daily shirt.

Would be more than happy to remake this also if there was intrest

25 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Would love a remake of the shirt wore during the semi final against Hibs. 😊 Not had a yellow and red away strip in a while 🤔 think last one was Iveco Daily shirt.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Quite enjoyed that interview, no offence to our inhouse team but you can tell Spiers is a pro in this game. Quite comfortable asking reflective questions about mistakes and lessons learned. Genuinely surprised Smith has chucked £1.5m into the club so far, had a figure in my head that was a bit lower. Suppose it makes sense with buying the land as well. Also sounds like he's already told some agents to chase themselves for being unfaithful (Todorov "signing" comes to mind). DoF role sounds like it is a bit off at present until the club's turnover rises, guessing this would require being established chasing playoffs in the Championship as a minimum. 

1.5 million will probably be accurate through a particular lens. Looking at it when other accounting principles are applied  then it will likely be different. It's good to have found a genuine fan though that is willing to invest. In particular the likes of the hub should set the club up for a while and improve the off field stuff

On 11/09/2021 at 22:43, Trogdor said:

If today represents Duffball then sign me up. 

I've bookmarked this and feel you should be held personally responsible for Ayr fans suffering in around 12 months time. 

On 12/09/2021 at 11:23, diegomarahenry said:

That suggests that they stood back and didn't offer criticism, constructive or otherwise. They watched Hopkin fail catastrophically, be sacked 4 games in to the season and then step in to his shoes. That doesn't chime right with me. 

Perhaps they offered criticism and were ignored? Hopkin will have the final call on anything, I'm not sure you can point the finger at assistants in these scenarios. 

I'm quite surprised Duffy is saying he'd like the job tbh. He said that he felt Dumbarton's vision for the future needed someone younger with more enthusiasm to carry it out, so I'd be a tad worried about what Ayr are looking for if Duffy thinks this is a good number for him. That of course could've just been pish Duffy said to the press after being basically shown the door, but I did hear our board were happy for him to stay. I'm not sure he fancied the pressure of actually challenging at the right end of the table so perhaps he just enjoys toughing it out in relegation battles as it's only the minimum that's expected of him. One thing is for sure, his interviews will drive you up the fucking wall - he never talks positively about your chances, always tempers expectations and generally sucks all enthusiasm out of the support. We went into his last game in charge at home to Edinburgh City with a 3-1 aggregate lead and he still couldn't bring himself to talk positively. 

25 minutes ago, The Moonster said:

Perhaps they offered criticism and were ignored? Hopkin will have the final call on anything, I'm not sure you can point the finger at assistants in these scenarios. 

That is possible, but since Hopkin took over, people have been falling over themselves to say what a good guy he is, some have worked or played with him before. The comments coming out now are that he was stubborn and difficult and wouldn’t listen. So they are either following a paper thin PR line or they are shapeshifting opportunists.