The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, shizzlemanizzle said:

Redemption with your 2nd sentence butΒ we would have been logistically and royally fucked on Saturday if they had all left on Thursday.Β 

Whyte would have been in the dugout with Stillie. Getting a new manager in may have been more urgent but we’d have been far from fuckedΒ 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Going back to yesterday- I'm one of his many biggest critics but I love Salkeld laying the ball off in our right back position inside the box then sprinting the length of the park to finish the move with a lovely header.Β Β 

Hard not to like, not much football-wise but an athletic trier. I'll be interested to see if Bradley improves - looks skillful in moments but aimlessly jogging about for much of the game and looks like a youth player thrown into a different kind of game.

I’m not overly keen on having Duffy long term as I think him (and the other 2) were part of the problem with Hopkin however if we continue with similar performances and results to yesterday then we can’t really complain if he gets the job to the end of the season. It does need to be mentioned how bad Dunfermline were yesterday though.

My main worry is the club haven’t even advertised the job. Are we just seeing how Duffy does before we bother?

I’m not overly keen on having Duffy long term as I think him (and the other 2) were part of the problem with Hopkin however if we continue with similar performances and results to yesterday then we can’t really complain if he gets the job to the end of the season. It does need to be mentioned how bad Dunfermline were yesterday though.
My main worry is the club haven’t even advertised the job. Are we just seeing how Duffy does before we bother?

Maybe we just aren’t inviting applicants and are instead looking at a couple of options and seeing if they are interested?

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Maybe we just aren’t inviting applicants and are instead looking at a couple of options and seeing if they are interested?

I’d certainly hope that’s the case. I’d be disappointed if Yogi and/or Neil McCann haven’t been sounded out about the job.

I see Darren Young’s East fife team now sit bottom of league 1 following a 5-0 thrashing against Dumbarton so I think we can jump off that bus.Β 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I hope this is the case, give Duffy a chance, sound out replacements, the job has been advertised twice in the last 18 months so the interested people should be well vetted so there isn’t any real need to advertise it this soon.Β 
Β 

Giving Duffy a chance, leaving it 6 weeks and then advertising it would be, in short, a massive riddyΒ 

I’d certainly hope that’s the case. I’d be disappointed if Yogi and/or Neil McCann haven’t been sounded out about the job.
I see Darren Young’s East fife team now sit bottom of league 1 following a 5-0 thrashing against Dumbarton so I think we can jump off that bus.Β 

Aye the Darren Young ship has sailed. Hopefully Smith has been in touch with 2 or 3 potential candidates just to gauge how interested they are. I’d imagine if we actually approach Hughes he’d be more interested compared to if we asked him to go through the whole applying rigmarole.

Giving Duffy a chance, leaving it 6 weeks and then advertising it would be, in short, a massive riddyΒ 

This is, of course a big worry. If Smith has a few names in his head and they all say no upon being approached then it leaves us with two choices. Give it to Duffy until the summer or fire out a statement asking for applicants.

25 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

They have receivedΒ Β a number of CVS in the last couple of days ,Β 

Edited by Finlay21

Wonder if that boxer guy from down south sent his again?

I would imagine that the post hasn’t been advertised.

Definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

Im sure Duffy will remain in place until:

1. Β Results go wrong again and they advertise again.

2. Someone irresistible approaches the club and the don’t need to advertise - Duffy sacked, leaves or stays as a coach.

3. Duffy demandsΒ some assurances and it will either be stick with him or advertise again.

Β 

3 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Yeah I don't think we need to advertise it as such.Β  Already had double figures of applicants.Β 

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Wonder if that boxer guy from down south sent his again?

I would imagine that the post hasn’t been advertised.

Definition of madness - doing the same thing over and over again but expecting a different result.

Im sure Duffy will remain in place until:

1. Β Results go wrong again and they advertise again.

2. Someone irresistible approaches the club and the don’t need to advertise - Duffy sacked, leaves or stays as a coach.

3. Duffy demandsΒ some assurances and it will either be stick with him or advertise again.

Β 

The boxer fella has publicly ruled himself out after some guy who runs a gym in Dalmellington or something tagged him on twitter saying he was just what we needed.Β Β 

"They had there chance"Β 

Screenshot_20210912-204331_Twitter.jpg

4 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is everyone else still buzzing? Even just a little?Β 

Me 100% - felt a really flatΒ about how things were going - dark clouds wiped away after 3 minutes πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»πŸ‘πŸ»

Is it sad I’m buzzing about Tuesday night? #guiltypleasure

But definitely buzzing for a cracking away day at Hamilton on Saturday 😊😊😊