The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We did look vulnerable down the wings and and from crosses especially in the first half but there was plenty of fight today and more of an emphasis on attacking play. Both keepers are pretty solid which is a good position to be in. Tomi hasn't got the greatest first touch nor is he the best dribbler but around the box with his work rate and a bit of support he will bang in the goals. Certainly endearing himself to the fans. Still need a CM for sure

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
4 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:
One happy camper tonight, tremendous result and performance today.

As for Tuesday let the youths/ressies play, couldn’t give two hoots about that Mickey Mouse cup.

Might be a good game to get 90 min in the tank for moff

Aye a suppose so.

Bench or drop the likes of Adeloye, O’Connor and Reading, keep them fresh.

30 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just a wee side note but I was told today that Hopkins resignation was basically just him spitting the dummy out and being raging about the reception he got from the fans the other night. Effectively told us to stick it if we’re that unhappy with him.

Cheered me up a fair bit.

2A2035B6-F4EF-4A2E-8502-DAF758872A8C.jpeg

40 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

As for Tuesday let the youths/ressies play, couldn’t give two hoots about that Mickey Mouse cup.

Cup performances keep people coming to games. Also it would kill Their only song to finally fucking win it.

41 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Aye a suppose so.

Bench or drop the likes of Adeloye, O’Connor and Reading, keep them fresh.

As much as I sort of agree with your point. If we were to win this cup the kids that witnessed it could be hooked for life. They won’t think “aw well it’s only the challenge cup” 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Without getting carried away* there is a good chance we’re making the semis.

* We’re winning the lot . 

Having another look I realise we would play the first 3 rounds all away from home. Not sure a Tuesday night trip to Cove is that appealing in November. 

Although we would have home advantage against what would likely be a championship team in the semis.

9 hours ago, ComradeDiego said:

One happy camper tonight, tremendous result and performance today.

Nah strong team for me. Moff to start and rest anyone with a knock but need to pump this lot like Morton did with Celtic and make sure we get a bit of momentum with 2 wins in a row.

1 hour ago, .buzzy01 said:

Good interview from Jim Duffy on the Dunfermline website. Says he is not ready for his pipe and slippers yet!

I’d give him a few games if he does ok give him till the end of the season if things go bad bring someone else in, it’s good to have options. 

he’s not the long therm fix though so the end of the season would be it

So Duffy is keen on the gig permanently. An appeal to the owner if you are tempted to offer him the job take your time and let’s see what happens over the next 5 or 6 games. Last thing we need is immediately offering the job to another uninspiring manager and then struggle on over the season.