The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

43 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Probably not all season the way the JRG are talking. It's not a club decision. 2m social distancing still required by the Govt in indoor changing rooms and so, given you can't swing a cat in Ayr's away changing room and can barely get 18 players in it never mind changing and coaches, it's not happening any time soon.

I guess you could get the away team out of the hospitality suite in some more creative way though. Portacabin dressing rooms sited somewhere inside the ground for instance?

Still unsure why players are having to social distance (to a degree) when the general public arent having to. 

A portacabin is a decent suggestion but no idea where theyd actually put it

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Still unsure why players are having to social distance (to a degree) when the general public arent having to. 

A portacabin is a decent suggestion but no idea where theyd actually put it

What about the old shop etc as the Hub will be open by then , Hospitality can bring us in good money  , don’t think there is any rush to build an open air beer garden in November 

Edited by Finlay21

6 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

What about the old shop etc as the Hub will be open by then , Hospitality can bring us in good money  , don’t think there is any rush to build an open air beer garden in November 

Forgot about the shop. Sounds ideal although I still find it perplexing players cant get changed in the usual changing rooms but can share a pitch and cars/bus to games 

27 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Far from ideal as it's outside the actual stadium. One thing for that to be the case when games are closed door anyway but more awkward when fans are milling about and vehicle access may be needed to the car park (there is still a car park to some extent opposite the stand is there?). Alloa had the away team changing outside the stadium last season too but don't know if they still are now there's crowds in. It would presumably need significant stewarding and cutting off access to the far end of the stand for extended periods to allow the team to get to and from the pitch?

I'm not sure how much hospitality will really bring at the moment. Ours is open but a lot of regular customers are not taking it due to protocols or fears of having to call off last minute, etc.

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Forgot about the shop. Sounds ideal although I still find it perplexing players cant get changed in the usual changing rooms but can share a pitch and cars/bus to games 

The risk of outdoor transmission in fleeting close contact is minimal compared to changing right next to someone else indoors for a significant period before and after the game. They are still advised not to share cars and whilst buses can be used they are required to 2m distance in those too and the risks of a close contact isolation if someone on it tests positive are far higher.

EDIT - Could you not get a couple of portacabins up the back of the terrace somewhere? Roughly where the "No passion" banner was at the last game of last season? It would means closing that section of terrace presumably but would get hospitality open again and, Kilmarnock apart, the terrace capacity presumably isn't needed?

Edited by Skyline Drifter

49 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Far from ideal as it's outside the actual stadium. One thing for that to be the case when games are closed door anyway but more awkward when fans are milling about and vehicle access may be needed to the car park (there is still a car park to some extent opposite the stand is there?). Alloa had the away team changing outside the stadium last season too but don't know if they still are now there's crowds in. It would presumably need significant stewarding and cutting off access to the far end of the stand for extended periods to allow the team to get to and from the pitch?

I'm not sure how much hospitality will really bring at the moment. Ours is open but a lot of regular customers are not taking it due to protocols or fears of having to call off last minute, etc.

The risk of outdoor transmission in fleeting close contact is minimal compared to changing right next to someone else indoors for a significant period before and after the game. They are still advised not to share cars and whilst buses can be used they are required to 2m distance in those too and the risks of a close contact isolation if someone on it tests positive are far higher.

EDIT - Could you not get a couple of portacabins up the back of the terrace somewhere? Roughly where the "No passion" banner was at the last game of last season? It would means closing that section of terrace presumably but would get hospitality open again and, Kilmarnock apart, the terrace capacity presumably isn't needed?

I saw Raith Rovers cars going in whilst I was walking along Somerset Road. At least 2 of them had 3 players in it. None were massive cars either. I'm sure changing in a dressing room for 5 mins is "safer" than being in a wee car from Fife/Glasgow to Ayr 

3 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I've never seen the gym at Somerset but I know it exists. The location it's in looks tiny from the outside. Pretty sure the first aiders use that area on a matchday 

Its deceptively big inside, quite impressive actually from a size perspective when you think of where it is

First aiders definitely have an office inside it on matchdays. The police used to use one of the rooms too during bigger crowds

Before the days of the portaloos, thats where the womens toilet was lol

Moffat used to use it for his personal training business, don't know if he still does.

The washing machines and tumble dryers are in there too

I have seen players using it before, normally injured guys on match days...

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I saw Raith Rovers cars going in whilst I was walking along Somerset Road. At least 2 of them had 3 players in it. None were massive cars either. I'm sure changing in a dressing room for 5 mins is "safer" than being in a wee car from Fife/Glasgow to Ayr 

5 mins? You're just being silly now. They will be in the changing area for at least an hour between 1:30 & 5pm. 

Like I said they are advised not to share cars, its not forbidden. Some of them may live together too. We have several players up from England who live together in flats and are same household. Players know the close contact risk they take themselves if they travel together. Clubs know if doing so results in being unable to play a game they will likely be charged. Its a risk decision for them. The authorities arent going to allow them to force opposition clubs into close contact in dressing rooms though. Not going to happen.

50 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

5 mins? You're just being silly now. They will be in the changing area for at least an hour between 1:30 & 5pm. 

Like I said they are advised not to share cars, its not forbidden. Some of them may live together too. We have several players up from England who live together in flats and are same household. Players know the close contact risk they take themselves if they travel together. Clubs know if doing so results in being unable to play a game they will likely be charged. Its a risk decision for them. The authorities arent going to allow them to force opposition clubs into close contact in dressing rooms though. Not going to happen.

Could this not be a deliberate risk reduction strategy? i.e. if you have a larger number of smaller bubbles of at most 3 people, and minimise contact in enclosed spaces outside those bubbles, then you should in theory reduce the chances of a larger number of players being infected simultaneously.

How many of Ayr's Covid cases were linked to travelling on the bus together to Inverness? Do we know?

6 minutes ago, rgreig said:

Could this not be a deliberate risk reduction strategy? i.e. if you have a larger number of smaller bubbles of at most 3 people, and minimise contact in enclosed spaces outside those bubbles, then you should in theory reduce the chances of a larger number of players being infected simultaneously.

How many of Ayr's Covid cases were linked to travelling on the bus together to Inverness? Do we know?

Compared to what? Compared to a bus, maybe. But like I say buses enforce the 2m rule too so in theory they shouldnt get it on there.

I dont see how it could possibly reduce the risk compared to individual car travel, which is what is advised.

1 hour ago, RedEd said:

Using the gymnasium would only work for matches where the Railway End is closed. Otherwise you have fans and players crossing over each other.

Not necessarily, today there will be Dunfermline fans only a matter of feet away from players coming from hospitality suite , only a bit of tape snd some stewards between them 

Wonder if the line up will be different from usual this week under Duffy. New on field tactics? Moff getting off the bench? Starting O'Connor? Obviously Muirhead isn't there.

Or am I getting myself overexcited about something that won't happen and we'll get the same dross under Duffy as well?

Wonder if the line up will be different from usual this week under Duffy. New on field tactics? Moff getting off the bench? Starting O'Connor? Obviously Muirhead isn't there.
Or am I getting myself overexcited about something that won't happen and we'll get the same dross under Duffy as well?
Hope we go 442 with Moff and Adeloye upfront and O'Connor on the wing likely to see Maxwell in CM as Muirhead out so maybe the young boy from Hibs will get a start.

47 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Not necessarily, today there will be Dunfermline fans only a matter of feet away from players coming from hospitality suite , only a bit of tape snd some stewards between them 

I was thinking more about the turnstiles, toilets and exit gate. Any team using the gym would have to go past those.