The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

A round of applause for Dave Smith on Saturday. Just out of pure relief.

then back to being cynical 

For appointing a dud, letting him sign an imbalanced squad of duds (several of the same duds that failed in this league the year before) then reluctantly accepting his resignation? He's surely still due a hounding.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

It’s really hard to comprehend how someone that has played at the level of football he has, to set up the way he does  - both in terms of tactics and personnel. 

Played at the level of football he has AS A MIDFIELDER as well.

Just now, Jamie_M said:

For appointing a dud, letting him sign an imbalanced squad of duds (several of the same duds that failed in this league the year before) then reluctantly accepting his resignation? He's surely still due a hounding.

Building the club a pub though.

4 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's very little in common with the skills of a soldier and a general. Plenty of excellent footballers make useless, clueless managers who act nothing like they did as players.

The absolute basics still shine through in both though, don’t fill a team with defenders etc etc. 

43 minutes ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Gutted. Ye couldnae wait til we played ye?

It's disappointing not to be able to deliver a hounding to him, but on the bright side McGinty can now get the full force of it.

Edited by Dunning1874

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I think whoever is appointed is already an improvement. 

I need to quiz whether Afolabi will disappear now the manager has resigned.

Maybe he'll improve now. 

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It's dissappointing not to be able to deliver a hounding to him, but on the bright side McGinty can now get the full force of it.

I’d expect (and fucking hope) he wouldn’t play however you’ll have McAdams, Fjortoft, Murdoch, Salkeld or Jim Duffy to pick from. 

ETA: I’ll miss the digs at Hopkin on the JIC podcast. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yogi doesn't take shite. Also doesn't come up with excuses where it's everyone else's fault but his. Was a good leader on the field for Ayr. This Ayr team has two decent keepers , so he has no need to sign Ryan Stevenson.

Yogi has my vote 👍

Really? I would argue the complete opposite. Mind at Raith when he claimed society and social media were really to blame as he lead them to relegation despite the club looking relatively safe when he came in at the turn of the year.

I think it's fair to say that Hughes's managerial career has been erratic, and maybe "erratic" is not what Ayr need right now, but "consistently eye-bleedingly terrible" is worse than "erratic".

And once again, it's Duffy's job. He was brought in as insurance and the policy form has been filled in.