The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Duffy appeared to be in charge of the training sessions so I'm not sure much will change on that part. A positive about Duffy taking over just now is he mentioned when covering the Partick v Morton that it was nice to see a team play a simple 4-4-2.

The negatives are as they are Hopkin's men the style might not change and they'll try and prove the fans were unreasonable and that given time it would have worked. Also Duffy is a man who had Shankland taking long throws when he was at Morton which doesn't seem like a masterstroke.

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

To be fair, this will happen with any manager we are likely to appoint 

Wonder what the Annan fans make if Peter Murphy?  He’s been there a while now, but hasn’t seemed to have moved them forward much, though I doubt he has much to work with resource wise.

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Just think, if we appoint Yogi it won’t be Morton fans coming and telling us how shite he is. It’ll be Raith fans. 

Tbf, Yogi's reign at Raith is very much the exception. He had a squad of shitebags and had to deal with Gary Lockes nonsensical squad like swapping Vaughan for Stevenson. 

It's Yogi or McCann for me. 

4 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I want Michael Moffat as player/manager with Andy Geggan as assistant.  Big Adams back as Director of Motivation.  We’d probably end up in the lowland league, but the banter would be tremendous.

Hands off 👀

1 minute ago, GaryMc93 said:

Duffy appeared to be in charge of the training sessions so I'm not sure much will change on that part. A positive about Duffy taking over just now is he mentioned when covering the Partick v Morton that it was nice to see a team play a simple 4-4-2.

The negatives are as they are Hopkin's men the style might not change and they'll try and prove the fans were unreasonable and that given time it would have worked. Also Duffy is a man who had Shankland taking long throws when he was at Morton which doesn't seem like a masterstroke.

:lol:

I wouldn't hold your breath for a Duffy 4-4-2. He loved a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 when he was with us. 

Gutted he's took the shitebag route at least before the Morton game in a few weeks. Was looking forward to a real shame game that sends him over the edge. 

The most inevitable outcome Scottish Football has ever seen though - right up to the having a go at the fans towards the end.

Hopefully Falkirk's the next destination for him and his ragtag collection of merry men in L1 next season.

1 hour ago, No_Problemo said:

Find it quite bizarre that he has resigned tbh, realised he has fucked it so early on..

When he has literally resigned from every manager's job he has had...

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Tbf, Yogi's reign at Raith is very much the exception. He had a squad of shitebags and had to deal with Gary Lockes nonsensical squad like swapping Vaughan for Stevenson. 

It's Yogi or McCann for me. 

He was also sacked by Hibs and Hartlepool. 

2 minutes ago, Jan Vojáček said:

Hands off 👀

:lol:

I wouldn't hold your breath for a Duffy 4-4-2. He loved a 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 when he was with us. 

To be fair, Duffy did use a 4-4-2 when he took over Aitkens squad. He also tried it a few times last season with Jones and A.N Other up front but the less said about that the better. 

1 hour ago, Iain said:

Will be a big decision on his replacement.

It'll be Duffy until he bottles it. Would be astonished if there were any intimation that the club were looking further afield.

7 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Has to be Yogi or Levein for me

Certainly got the squad for it, but fortunately this is less likely than the groundman striking oil when forking the pitch this week.

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I don’t know about anyone else, but for me our season starts today!!!!

It'll be a season of two halves. The first is limping along until Christmas while trying not to be cut adrift. The second will depend entirely on the first.

Edited by Thumper

27 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Yogi doesn't take shite. Also doesn't come up with excuses where it's everyone else's fault but his. Was a good leader on the field for Ayr. This Ayr team has two decent keepers , so he has no need to sign Ryan Stevenson.

Yogi has my vote 👍

Not going by his time at the Rovers.