The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’d be confident his assistant and Duffy would walk in principle, Duffy doesn’t need the money , failing that I had a feeling he was appointed I had an inkling this would pan out As plan B. There’s also the chance they will all walk, and I would put D White and his team In till Xmas you never know.

I really don’t think Davie White is at all keen on managing the team in more than a short term caretaker capacity. He said as much last season.

I’d rather have him in charge for a couple of weeks than Duffy but I agree that I think he, Joyce and Timmins will walk away if Hopkin is given his jotters.

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

I don’t think the money element would stop the board getting rid of manager if they thought he was hampering their target for this season , £175k could be a drop in the ocean compared to what they would lose on ticket sales  and prize money , i think manager must know his job could become unattainable  

All he has to cling to is that we played ok against Dundee United but as usual one of his defenders absolutely fucked it and we lost, there is no way back for him after his comments last night either. 

1 hour ago, Lochwood said:

Another way would be to punt him onto garden leave paying him monthly via the 500 club keep the rest till Xmas and see how it goes that would leave smith and the board to save up till Xmas if it doesn’t work with Duffy and the rest. I’d join the 500 club just for that and I’m sure there would be a lot more

500 club membership would soar if this was a leaked plan. 

2 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I don’t think he’s all that tbh. I can’t think of another team in this league where he’d be the first choice striker.

I don’t think we really know this, we have very rarely got anyone in and around him, and literally have zero creativity. He provided the only piece of quality last night, when he took it by players out wide and put it on a plate for McKenzie - who fluffed his lines as he generally does. 

12 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

All he has to cling to is that we played ok against Dundee United but as usual one of his defenders absolutely fucked it and we lost, there is no way back for him after his comments last night either. 

In fairness, it was a massive blunder from the referee. I know you despise Baird but he’s been fine so far this season. 

12 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

I think it's safe to say that he's going nowhere in the short term if last night's result did not convince Smith his time was up and now rolling out players for interviews with VOR to say what a great guy Hopkin is we are stuck with this situation with a while yet

The fact it is one of his Morton lackies who have came rushing to the defence says it all. Would take more notice if it came from Reading, Murdoch, Moffat etc.

9 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

In fairness, it was a massive blunder from the referee. I know you despise Baird but he’s been fine so far this season. 

There was a picture shared, maybe by the VOR, it was a penalty, Baird had a fist full of the guys jersey pulling him back as he was trying to make the header 

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

There was a picture shared, maybe by the VOR, it was a penalty, Baird had a fist full of the guys jersey pulling him back as he was trying to make the header 

No it wasn’t. The Dundee United player was all over him too. 

1 minute ago, Lochwood said:

Make it happen and make sure it is leaked to Smith it certainly will stop Hopkin wasting any of the money from the 500 club

Get that idea in the bin. I’ll be fuming if my money is going directly to Hopkin. 

3 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The compensation figure is what it is. Ultimately Smith is going to have to bite the bullet and if he sacked Hopkin then there’s every chance Duffy and the rest of the merry band of losers will f**k off as well.

Jim Duffy has never been part of Hopkin's backroom staff before and is there to take over the reins or get a pay-off. It's mind-boggling that you think he'd choose David Hopkin's two year plan as a hill to die on.

6 minutes ago, virginton said:

Jim Duffy has never been part of Hopkin's backroom staff before and is there to take over the reins or get a pay-off. It's mind-boggling that you think he'd choose David Hopkin's two year plan as a hill to die on.

Does he just play hoof ball too? I can’t remember from when he was with you guys. 

just wondering  if he has more tactical nous than hopkin?