The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

O’Conner was warming up in his kit and a bib, socks up, the lot. He looked desperate to come on. I actually thought he’d been told to warm up because he was about to come on.

They brought on Salkeld 

I'm 100% sure that boy is kicking himself for Joining Ayr. He's been absolutely wasted. His wee stint against Kilmarnock was enough to show that he can play and play quite well.

Hopefully once we've crucified Hopkin, the next manager will see the difference he can make to a team, as opposed to Salkeld, who no offence, looks like a one trick pony.

I'm 100% sure that boy is kicking himself for Joining Ayr. He's been absolutely wasted. His wee stint against Kilmarnock was enough to show that he can play and play quite well.
Hopefully once we've crucified Hopkin, the next manager will see the difference he can make to a team, as opposed to Salkeld, who no offence, looks like a one trick pony.

Can I just ask, out of interest, what exactly is Salkelds singular trick?

Personally think you’re being too kind to him.

Callum Campbell blaming on the way the players were breathing topped it off for me.
Tbh, I can't take this football club seriously right now. Its acting like a parody of a club, something that wants to be laughed at. 

Can we empty him along with Hopkin?

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

O’Conner was warming up in his kit and a bib, socks up, the lot. He looked desperate to come on. I actually thought he’d been told to warm up because he was about to come on.

They brought on Salkeld 

Just now, Roxanne's man said:

100% THIS.

It was the exact same against Dundee United, I'm convinced that had we brought him on with about 20 mins to go that we'd have won that match. 

The fact he brought on a 19 year old only signed that day tells you that it was Smith who signed him and not Hopkin, the boy looks desperate to play and has undoubted talent but obviously Hopkin only rates a carthorse that can smash a ball into orbit, hence O'Connor has no chance and must be rightly scunnered, just like the rest of us.

Thinking about Hopkins interview, it comes across as the fans have it in for him and they hope he fails.

None of us hope he fails, none of us want him to do badly.

He is failing and doing badly

People wouldn’t have it in for him if there was any type of progress at all. All there is is an attempt to labour a formation and a line up that hasn’t worked since he took over and Keep signing players he won’t play. Or even humility to accept things are going badly because of what he is doing. 

Edited by diegomarahenry

I hope the chairman is on here..... I WON'T BE BACK until Hopkin is gone... 

I actually don't think the players ate bad... The tactics are not existant/don't work and doesn't suit the player and Hopkin refuses to change his ways...... I was all up for giving him a chance but its getting ridiculous now.. 

Bring Yogi in and save our season for the love of God.............. 

17 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Does this mean I can count myself “a one trick pony”?

I think we can guarantee that Salkeld will be starting on Saturday... 

8 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

I hope the chairman is on here..... I WON'T BE BACK until Hopkin is gone... 

I actually don't think the players ate bad... The tactics are not existant/don't work and doesn't suit the player and Hopkin refuses to change his ways...... I was all up for giving him a chance but its getting ridiculous now.. 

Bring Yogi in and save our season for the love of God.............. 

We’ve all said it loads, but bring in a competent midfield player and move Muirhead back and we could actually be okay. 

We’ve all said it loads, but bring in a competent midfield player and move Muirhead back and we could actually be okay. 

I think it’s gone beyond this now tbh. Yes we need another midfielder but we also need Hopkin to play another forward up with Adeloye and McKenzie. Neither of them are getting enough support and we’re relying on a left back from Rangers to be one of our main attacking threats.

There’s too much thats needing changed, that probably won’t be changed.

Our season can be saved, of that I have no doubt.

I also have no doubt that there is a nucleus of an attractive attacking team that is also hard to score against in that squad.

All my doubt now lies 100% with the management team.

They must go.  

If not it will sour everything that the chairman has done so positively up until now, and I think it would be a damn shame to have all the good work off the pitch be tarnished in any way.

This should be and still could be a monumental season for Ayr United (hub, fans back, killie etc) but to capitalise on it all, there needs to be a change now, and quickly.

The big question the chairman has to ask himself today is…….

Lose Hopkins wages in paying him off.

Or face relegation, lose supporters left right and centre and take 3 or 4 huge steps backwards and, in my opinion, lose so much more money.

Its bitter pill time, none of us like it, but we have all faced it in our lives.

Do what is right by the fans, and they will support YOU in YOUR time of need Mr Smith.

Edited by AUFC 1910

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think it’s gone beyond this now tbh. Yes we need another midfielder but we also need Hopkin to play another forward up with Adeloye and McKenzie. Neither of them are getting enough support and we’re relying on a left back from Rangers to be one of our main attacking threats.

Aww completely, I meant with a different manager!

ETA, obviously utilising the likes of Moffat and O’Connor. 

Afolabi and McKenzie before Moffat is scary. Same as Salkeld and Bradley before O’Connor. 

Edited by No_Problemo

2 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Well, if he's adamant that neither O'Connor or the Moff are going to play, what hope has a new attacking player got? 

Afolabi doesn't look like he wants to be there. Not seen enough of this new signing to judge.

Get someone in the middle and build around them. A Neil Scally, Marvyn Wilson, Pat McGinley type.

We actually have a decent squad, not title contenders but with a decent manager would be mid table.

McAdams is a good keeper and Albinson decent back up.

LB/LM & RB/RM - Redding/Maxwell, Houston/McAlister are interchangeable if you are looking at a more solid midfield

CH- Baird and Fjortoft are both passable Championship CH's (Baird just), McGinty isnt. Muirhead is probably need in Midfield at the moment, but would be ahead of Baird

CM - Murdoch & Muirhead should be adequate in there with Hewitt and Maxwell able to cover and Chalmers at a push

CF - Adeloye will get goals if we create chances.

I would probably play one of Moff, O'Connor or McKenzie up top with Adeloye, if we are being a bit more adventourous others out wide.

Just trying to pass to a teammate rather than hoofing it up the park is the biggest change needed