The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

If that's the case it's back to the buckets and spades of the seaside league, waited for almost 30 years to get a shot against them in the league and now we have this disaster, I get Smith won't want to admit he got it wrong but something drastic needs to be done.

30 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Has there ever been a boycott/walkout?

surely that would send a pretty clear message.

If Smith doesn’t want to pay him off, he’ll not sack him.

Hopkin may be in a situation where he’s potentially putting 5 folk out of work by walking away, as well as a salary for the next 20 months.

It may be a clear message but it might not get a response 

Hopkin asking the fans to back the team is what is annoying me the most. The product on the park is honking, tactically and performance wise, we are on a dreadful run to the point he sees a defeat to Dundee United as some kind of fucking pinnacle yet he wants the fans to pull us out this mess with our support. 

it’s reciprocal, give fans something to cheer about, not pick players who have let us down more in one half of football than Moffat has in 9 years at the club. Not play Fjortoft who thinks he’s Glen Hoddle, firing diagonal balls to nobody for 90 minutes. Not playing Salkeld who has ran about a lot with zero outcome, not play Baird because he’s worth a goal a game, not play McGinty because he costs us more goals than Baird. 

The fans are angry at him for doing this. Continually. Patience has gone, it hasn’t worked but he keeps trying it. If he’s that stubborn or unaware then he ain’t going anywhere. 

9 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I feel the atmosphere and mood around the club is even worse than when Mark Kerr was sacked. Surely David Smith will be able to sense that and fires this charlatan straight into the sea ASAP. 

100%.

Kerr's team was unlucky as much as anything else, it certainly wasn't great but they did have good days and good periods and Kerr did seem to be trying to create something and MIGHT have been able to turn things around given time, however although I was willing / wanting to give Hopkin a chance, there's just no excuse at all for the various cardinal sins he's committed as Manager.

1. Playing without a Midfield

2. Idiotic team selections with no balance or tactical game plan

3. Signing players that he has no intention of actually playing and signing others which just aren't required

4. Bizarre substitutions at strange times which make no sense

5. Horrendous playing style which consists of a team of defenders smashing hopeful balls up pitch on off chance we get a break of the ball.

6. Brings on 19 year old when team is already stuffed and support are in a rage. (that will help with his development and confidence).

I honestly believe that if he hasn't lost the dressing room, he soon will. Muirhead looks completely scunnered, O'Connor looks constantly exasperated, some of the younger guys are like lost sheep and there's no togetherness or even much / any dialogue between the players on the pitch. Team spirit was something that was excellent under McCall and also continued under Kerr, but just nothing there at all just now.

Hopkin might be a decent guy (I believe he is) and his family certainly don't deserve any sort of abuse (if this happened as some reported) but as our Manager he's just not cutting it and should we fail to get a result against Dunfermline on Saturday then hopefully he'll do the honorable thing and walk away.

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Highlights for Raith fans and lowlights for Ayr fans now up on Raith Tv , decent coverage from them 

Wasn't sure whether to put on a black tie to mourn or laugh watching that. Absolutely horrific, all the reds were spot on. Afolabi looked like bambi on ice and was clearly having the piss taken out of him. 

Fwiw, looks like McAdams had a great game in goals which protected us from a real kick in. Adeloye looks to have done very well to get into the box for his pass to only be fluffed by McKenzie. Genuinely feel watching them that Raith got a couple of goals then throttled back, looked like they could have given us an absolute do in. 

9 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

The guy can’t help himself but make comments. He did it when Kerr was sacked and then again on that Si Ferry podcast thing.

So? It's banter. I'd far rather there were a culture of honesty in football.

McCall nearly threw his management career away and he's determined to make the most of his second chance. That means expecting others to pull the finger out as well. It would be far better if they did so instead of getting chippy about being criticised.

So? It's banter. I'd far rather there were a culture of honesty in football.
McCall nearly threw his management career away and he's determined to make the most of his second chance. That means expecting others to pull the finger out as well. It would be far better if they did so instead of getting chippy about being criticised.

I didn’t say I have an issue with it.

Personally, looking forward to him laying the boot into Hopkin and Smith when they pump us.

13 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

If you catch someone shitting on your doorstep and you shout at them, that person doesn’t have the right to complain that you are shouting at them and that the shouting is making them shit more.

Happens every day in Kilmarnock.

Post match interview is up on B&W TV now. Its some laugh. Callum is utterly desperate for it to be the fault of Covid and keeps feeding Hopkin lines. Hopkin also blames the fans [emoji23]

Not even going to watch it but you just knew when we had that outbreak that it would be used as an excuse. If this had been a one off performance then fair enough you could put it down to that but the squad haven’t had COVID for the last 2 months.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Not even going to watch it but you just knew when we had that outbreak that it would be used as an excuse. If this had been a one off performance then fair enough you could put it down to that but the squad haven’t had COVID for the last 2 months.

Technically there was absolutely nothing wrong with our performance from an energy or commitment perspective, it was simply that the team selection and tactics were horrendous which neither could be in any way blamed on covid !!

As for Murdoch, why was he stripped and warming up if incapable of playing any part ? Surely from a medical perspective he'd have been better off at home recuperating ???