The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

The speed at which the club has regressed since McCall left is terrifying.

Before the game I would have said a skelping against that lot in October would be the deathnail.. I reckon it’ll be Saturday now.

It has to be.  Obviously we all hope we turn up and win but it seems an absolute fucking certainly we will get beat and probably not score.  If the Pars get a way past our 7 defenders in the starting XI and score one inside 20 mins like Arbroath and Raith have easily done then it will turn bad. 

To be honest I felt a bit embarrassed at myself waking up the day after the Arbroath game as I was on the North Terrace and was a few pints down and quite loud in my complaints at the constant punts and telling the manager it was time to go, and had a couple of wee comments from folk around me to shut up and back the team,  so decided to miss the next couple of games.   Can see it being a lot more angry voices on Saturday come half time though. 

Again...hopefully not and we are all buzzing at FT but I just can't see it. 

Cannot wait for Hopkin to still be in charge when we take on McCalls Partick. They will absolutely thump us and hopefully McCall comes out and makes a few backhanded comments against Hopkin the way he did against Caldwell when we went up to Firhill and beat them 3-2.

1 hour ago, Sortmeout said:

For the record I wasn’t trolling earlier I’m actively calling you out as bit of a disloyal supporter. I don’t even know what AU500 even is but to say you will support your club in this way when things are going well but now will pull back on that is bullshit if you ask me, regardless of what club you support. Managers and players come and go but (assuming this is some sort of trust) your club will always be there.

Grow up, how else do you protest when the egomaniac in charge won't notice until he had to fork up for the free money the fabs have been fronting. 

Surely if we lose to Rangers B team then that will be his death knell, then Smith will have no choice.

I think McCall probably propped everyone at the club up and kept them on their toes. Now he's gone and they've all reverted to type.

Sacking Hoppy and his team, bringing a new team in, then making funds available for January. That's a whole lot of cash we don't have.

Cannot wait for Hopkin to still be in charge when we take on McCalls Partick. They will absolutely thump us and hopefully McCall comes out and makes a few backhanded comments against Hopkin the way he did against Caldwell when we went up to Firhill and beat them 3-2.
I don't think McCall could care less about Hopkin or Ayr tbh.

I sensed an atmosphere v Raith. Fans turning on a manager is never nice, factor in we were playing shit football and 2 men down, it made for a horrible experience. Dont know if it's because fans had no live football to attend for 16 months, but theres been a toxic vibe and strange behaviour to many games this season. Dundee U invading the pitch, some random 10 year old v Raith. Other clubs doing the same (Aberdeen v Livi etc). 

Edited by Thereisalight..

I'm pretty sure the last time I left Somerset early was when we got destroyed 0-4 by Cowdenbeath back in 2006, during the era of all the signings coming from the juniors.  Normally I never would, but I wanted up the road to see the Scotland game.

As others have mentioned, it's crazy to think how bad things have gotten so quickly, compared to when McCall was here.  I've watched Ayr, off and on, for nearly twenty years and at the moment, we seem worse than ever.  

If it was up to me, John Hughes would be our next manager.

My AU 500 fund is gone as well btw, am I f**k contributing to these donkeys - as we still await a central midfielder signing. If I could get a season ticket refund, I would as well - I’m contemplating not going regardless of the fact it’s already paid for. 

Our coaching team is ludicrous as well, throwing cash away. 

Edited by No_Problemo

Hopkin asking for the fans to be back the players is trolling surely when you consider he backs his own players mainly.. From a few snippets i''ve picked up he doesn't seem to be a man with much integrity so can't see him walking soon. This will be Smiths first appointment and he will be desperate for it to work out. People also like to doggedly back the staff they've hired than admit a mistake so again it may not happen soon. One thing that perhaps helps is Smith being local and can't really avoid the frustration and bad atmosphere. Surprised with the speed of the fan backlash and also the most loyal struggling to defend this. Another result or two like last night and it will get even louder plus with social media it doesn't tend to vanish meaning his hand might be forced

1 minute ago, callum-ayr said:

That’ll be my last until he’s gone, can’t stomach watching that and wasting money on it, total shambles. 

Same here, took one look at the squad last night and knew it was a statement of intent to not win. Done with this circus until he goes....maybe longer if Duffy slides into the seat.

I actually found last night relatively funny, as we were so horrifically bad, but that VOR article has me absolutely fuming. 

Bumps in the road? You haven’t won a league game at home, we’re in a crater and haven’t moved you utter fucking hopeless c**t!!

Yup, he’s worse than Roberts - despise him. 

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I actually found last night relatively funny, as we were so horrifically bad, but that VOR article has me absolutely fuming. 

Bumps in the road? You haven’t won a league game at home, we’re in a crater and haven’t moved you utter fucking hopeless c**t!!

Yup, he’s worse than Roberts - despise him. 

This is the road we are on , and can’t see an exit sign coming up any time soon 

https://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=https%3A%2F%2Fc.tenor.com%2FeG_U3fCPiAkAAAAd%2Fbumpy-ride.gif&imgrefurl=https%3A%2F%2Ftenor.com%2Fsearch%2Fbumpy-ride-gifs&tbnid=pnw15cCMHP1O6M&vet=1&docid=-rLS7-ruoSZilM&w=640&h=510&hl=en_GB&source=sh%2Fx%2Fim