The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopkin played the covid card. Quelle surprise. He's running out of excuses, I half expect him to say the dog ate it when we lose on Saturday.

Can't wait for the AUMedia spin to come... "Well David, that was a terrific performance given the squad was exhausted and riddled with covid"

If Dave Smith buys these excuses he needs his head examining. We are going backwards with Hopkin in charge. It won't be long before the fury is turned toward the board.

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

The DKBs are starting to get on my nerves.

It's quite clear they are obsessed. They lost to ICT and not a single Ayr poster was on their club thread or match thread. We lose a game and there's a few of their brain donors on here trolling. 

For the record I wasn’t trolling earlier I’m actively calling you out as bit of a disloyal supporter. I don’t even know what AU500 even is but to say you will support your club in this way when things are going well but now will pull back on that is bullshit if you ask me, regardless of what club you support. Managers and players come and go but (assuming this is some sort of trust) your club will always be there.

5 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Surely this is a pisstake!

Would you expect the Daily Record to report "Ayr United boss David Hopkin calls for fans to burn crosses in his front garden"?

His goose is cooked. He's out of professional football management after this. Of course he's going to offer the same desperate, banal platitudes until the day comes.

1 minute ago, Sortmeout said:

For the record I wasn’t trolling earlier I’m actively calling you out as bit of a disloyal supporter. I don’t even know what AU500 even is but to say you will support your club in this way when things are going well but now will pull back on that is bullshit if you ask me, regardless of what club you support. Managers and players come and go but (assuming this is some sort of trust) your club will always be there.

For the record and by your own admission you don't know what you're talking about. You are also an obsessive arsehole and I won't take any lectures from you on how to support my club so off you f**k. 

5 minutes ago, Sortmeout said:

your club will always be there.

Really? Even though the club was liquidated and the name was changed from Sevco?

Yeah, Scottish football 👍

Issac Newton had a great idea on the theory of gravity. It's just a theory though. I'm in high hope you just float the f**k away 😊👍

As an aside, how laughable is it that we went into tonight’s game lacking any kind of central midfielder - having sent one out on loan and again failed to sign anyone. The new signing looked like a wee boy - you can guarantee we won’t see the best of him. 

2 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

As an aside, how laughable is it that we went into tonight’s game lacking any kind of central midfielder - having sent one out on loan and again failed to sign anyone. The new signing looked like a wee boy - you can guarantee we won’t see the best of him. 

What am "mid field"

The midfield was Maxwell, who played as a second left back, McCallister, who played as a second right back, Muirhead who played as a third Centre half and Joe Chalmers. 

So, Joe Chalmers. 

Maxwell moved in to the middle and it was a lot better. 

Hopkins post match interview was delusional. Didn't once say it was bad, or we needed to improve. There will be bumps in the road? That suggests tonight was a blip in his opinion. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Literally had a central midfielder in Andy Murdoch on the bench as well, the mind boggles.

Jack Ross was at the game the night, if I was him I’d be getting that boy up the road ASAP.

6 minutes ago, ComradeDiego said:

Literally had a central midfielder in Andy Murdoch on the bench as well, the mind boggles.

Jack Ross was at the game the night, if I was him I’d be getting that boy up the road ASAP.

To be fair, Murdoch was not available tonight, he was still recovering from Covid

I don't see him getting sacked. Smith would have to pay out of his own pocket. I don't think any other directors were at the club when he hired Hopkin so I doubt they'll want to stump up a share. 

Unless there are performance clauses or he quits, this is going to be some laugh

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I feel the atmosphere and mood around the club is even worse than when Mark Kerr was sacked. Surely David Smith will be able to sense that and fires this charlatan straight into the sea ASAP. 

It feels worse than the Roberts era, think because we're higher up the league and not in the bottomless pits of the seaside leagues getting scudded off of Stenhousemuir and Stirling Albion.

More fans in the ground too, remember Roberts last game there was about 400 or something, says a lot about the situation when the most atmosphere in the ground tonight was for Hopkin GTF 

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

I feel the atmosphere and mood around the club is even worse than when Mark Kerr was sacked. Surely David Smith will be able to sense that and fires this charlatan straight into the sea ASAP. 

The speed at which the club has regressed since McCall left is terrifying.

Before the game I would have said a skelping against that lot in October would be the deathnail.. I reckon it’ll be Saturday now.