The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, rb123! said:

Lack of post match quotes says a lot.....

The usual with a shit result nothing gets posted until the next day in the hope the dust settles on the fans anger and we all move on looking forward to the next game

Think it just highlights how poor the clubs communication has been. 

19 minutes ago, rb123! said:

He was warming up when Salkeld was used as the last subsitute so he trudged back to the dugout shaking his head and then kicked a bottle or something at the dugout, says a lot and i don't blame the guy....

Made his debut off the bench in the derby and looked a handful for to then not kick a ball again

There was also a point in the 2nd half when he was warming up and a big punt was launched up towards (but not really near) Adeloye and O'connor chucked his hands up in the air in frustration (like the rest of us), as you say, it says a lot about how some of our players are feeling and no bloody wonder !!

No way back for Hopkin now. The fans well and truly made their feelings known and he cant have not heard it. Wouldnt suprise me if he resigns

As for the match, I either went for a pee or zoned out and missed Zanattas goal, and what the sending offs were actually for. Wonder if Raith will put on highlights. 

7 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

No way back for Hopkin now. The fans well and truly made their feelings known and he cant have not heard it. Wouldnt suprise me if he resigns

As for the match, I either went for a pee or zoned out and missed Zanattas goal, and what the sending offs were actually for. Wonder if Raith will put on highlights. 

I missed afolabe’s sending off but muirheads was just stupid. You could see him getting wound up

8 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

They were all definite sending offs.

Afolabi lunged at the guy for no apparent reason, Muirhead was gunning for the #18 all match and was just asking for an early bath and their guy had 2 stone wall yellows as well.

I actually thought the players put in bags of effort tonight (from both sides), however when you play with no midfield at all, it makes things just a tad difficult !!!

6 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I missed afolabe’s sending off but muirheads was just stupid. You could see him getting wound up

I actually felt it was completely understandable from Muirhead on this occasion, how could you not get frustrated being managed by that absolute fucking clown!

I actually felt it was completely understandable from Muirhead on this occasion, how could you not get frustrated being managed by that absolute fucking clown!

Aye I thought this at the time. Muirhead was just getting more and more raging as the game went on and it was absolutely down to the way we’d been playing.

12 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Someone on the SRE was saying the abuse was out of order and said something about his family. Anyone know what was said? 

Apparently Hopkins family were up in the family stand, young children included,  and they got assisted out early by security 

The highlight of the match for me was Zanatta losing the plot and running over to shout and challenge the bloke on the NT that had shouted "wage thief" at him a few minutes earlier.

I'll be there again on Saturday (as always) but have pretty much lost interest and just see it as a day out / chat with my mates.

The sight of Forrest. McCowan and Moff linking up in a fast paced attacking move suddenly seems like a lifetime ago and to those who'd say "I told you so", then fair enough, I hold my hands up and will eat humble pie as this sort of football is in no way "entertainment" and is just utter garbage on every level.

Scunnered ? 

You bet.

6 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Apparently Hopkins family were up in the family stand, young children included,  and they got assisted out early by security 

I would imagine this would be done as a precaution regardless. I very much doubt anyone would know who Hopkin’s family are. 

I know we're extremely shite just now so in no way am i trying to give out excuses here to anyone associated to the club.

But since McCall left the supporters have had extremely high expectations with us winning leagues, fighting for promotion, playing silky football, scoring 100+ goals a season which in reality was a pretty surreal couple of years which we were never likely to keep up over a prolonged period of time. 

I think a lot of that stems back to supporters anger just now with Hopkin since we're comparing ourselves to under McCall which when you look back, was a bit of a miracle he managed to get all those high calibre of players in the same team over the same couple of years. 

In saying that there's no defending the situation we're in just now, just that we've gone for a manager with the polar opposite philosophy to McCall, which Smith said at the time of recruiting Hopkin something along the lines of "sometimes you need to play football a slightly different way to get better results". That was clearly him saying f**k nice football if hoofball wins us more games, which i get the feeling is some tripe Hopkin regurgitated to him in the interview process which Smith was foolish enough to fall for.