The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Seeing Hopkin sat in the dugout the last five minutes it really looked like a man who knows his goose is cooked.

for my first time seeing this season I thought there would be a touch of the melodramatics from everyone on here about how bad they were and that they couldn't actually be as bad as everyone makes out but they were. Zero creativity, no attacking threat, a bunch of players who look like they are lost or just not up to it and for a team of hammer throwers filled with defenders they let Zanatta score from a header.

Wasn’t Zanatta. But I did chuckle that we managed to score a header when your CBS were rather huge…😂

Maxwell does well in Midfield, him and Murdoch looked good together and chased a lot of stuff down

He moves Maxwell out to left wing, drops Murdoch and has Chalmers doing all the running.

come on to f**k

McAdams, I’m still not sure about. The back 3, especially Fjortoft tonight were rotten. McCallister appears to be made of glass. 
once Maxwell moved in to the middle, we looked a better team. His final ball is 50/50 unfortunately. 

with Moffat and O’Conner on the bench, he turns to Salkeld. I think that was his final nail tonight.

if we had been away on Saturday, maybe he could have survived another game but he has to go to Somerset in that atmosphere. It would take some balls for him to continue.

I’ll make a point of watching the post match interview. If he tries to fob it off he’ll be hounded on Saturday.

9 minutes ago, Wardy said:

Wasn’t Zanatta. But I did chuckle that we managed to score a header when your CBS were rather huge…😂

You're right dunno why I thought it was him. he wasn't tall anyway but then neither is Houston, who didn't bother challenging for it

11 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maxwell does well in Midfield, him and Murdoch looked good together and chased a lot of stuff down

He moves Maxwell out to left wing, drops Murdoch and has Chalmers doing all the running.

come on to f**k

McAdams, I’m still not sure about. The back 3, especially Fjortoft tonight were rotten. McCallister appears to be made of glass. 
once Maxwell moved in to the middle, we looked a better team. His final ball is 50/50 unfortunately. 

with Moffat and O’Conner on the bench, he turns to Salkeld. I think that was his final nail tonight.

if we had been away on Saturday, maybe he could have survived another game but he has to go to Somerset in that atmosphere. It would take some balls for him to continue.

I’ll make a point of watching the post match interview. If he tries to fob it off he’ll be hounded on Saturday.

My thoughts are similar to yours, especially when it comes to Moffat and O'Connor.  Hopkin said Murdoch was not 100% following the Covid lockdown at the club and he felt he could not play him.   One thing sticks in the memory following the game tonight.  Zanatta scores and we kick off again.  Ball is passed back to a full back who then launches it straight to a Raith defender who heads it to one of their midfielders who then starts another attack.  Just seems to sum up our only game plan.  I just don't think enough of our squad are Championship level players either.  

Edited by stevep56

That game defies rational analysis.  People can say “we were warned” about Hopkin, but the truth is hardly anyone bought into his appointment from day 1.  I’d like to believe Hopkin has enough integrity to walk away, and my gut feeling is he probably will.  How any incoming manager can make a team out of that mess is the bigger worry.  Leaving Moffat and Murdoch on the bench tonight was simply staggering.  I trust the club will at least cancel Afolabi’s loan period first thing tomorrow morning.

Or maybe Hopkin will blame covid and this train wreck will keep on rumbling along.