The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Whats the deficiencies off the pitch that's going to provide an upturn in performances and results? Genuinely interested. 

I think it’s easily understood !

on the pitch - players improve performance 

off the pitch - the manager is binned 

1 minute ago, BukyOHare said:

Whats the deficiencies off the pitch that's going to provide an upturn in performances and results? Genuinely interested. 

To be fair Hopkin is off the pitch

Can we really see Smith parting with a manager still with 1 and a half years on his contract left? If he does, we all know Duffy will be next in charge, in the next "cheap option" call

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think he’ll go tbh

I genuinely don't think he'll walk. He's shown himself to be stubborn in his beliefs and it'll be proven as he fits in as many sh!tfests that he can until the board pull the trigger. 

We'd be as well looking out our buckets and spades long before they pull the trigger I fear. 

2 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

How much will the difference in income be in League 1 compared to the Championship?

That should bring some clarity to his thinking. 

We'll still have the exact same squad till January losing every week, this is done and dusted going down without change, so I agree

Edited by diege

1 minute ago, diege said:

We'll still have the exact same squad till January losing every week, this is done and dusted going down without change

While I agree and think we’re in big trouble a competent manager would be able to get a bit more out these players. 

7 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

I genuinely don't think he'll walk. He's shown himself to be stubborn in his beliefs and it'll be proven as he fits in as many sh!tfests that he can until the board pull the trigger. 

We'd be as well looking out our buckets and spades long before they pull the trigger I fear. 

I think Smith will sack him btw. Kerr was sacked for less. This is becoming intolerable. Has any Ayr manager waited as long for a home league win? We're at 13 league games and counting.

Edited by Trogdor

While I agree and think we’re in big trouble a competent manager would be able to get a bit more out these players. 

There’s maybe (huge maybe) 4 or 5 guys in the squad that you could try and build something cohesive out of.

I think John Hughes would be a horrendous appointment in the long term but if it was until the summer and nothing else then I’d be okay with that.

Already looking forward to the likes of Martin Canning and Brian Rice being linked.

The loan market is still open to the end of the month send Afolobi back to Celtic as quick as humanly possible and get a manager in who might be able to get some kind of tune out of what's there and maybe get a decent loan or two in its still early enough to some how save this season but we can't let Hopkin stay in charge one more game.

Seeing Hopkin sat in the dugout the last five minutes it really looked like a man who knows his goose is cooked.

for my first time seeing this season I thought there would be a touch of the melodramatics from everyone on here about how bad they were and that they couldn't actually be as bad as everyone makes out but they were. Zero creativity, no attacking threat, a bunch of players who look like they are lost or just not up to it and for a team of hammer throwers filled with defenders they let Zanatta score from a header.