The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

25 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’d hope he’d play, we have sent Paul Smith out on loan to Cumnock and brought in a younger player on loan. I’m assuming he’s an upgrade on Smith at his current development but I wouldn’t like to think we had sent our own player out on loan to be replaced on the fringes of the first team by a Hibs player. 
But nothing makes sense any more

I'm really not sure where he fits in though, he obviously doesn't fancy playing O'Connor as it stands and can't see this boy getting in ahead of Salkeld given how much Hopkin seems to like him.

Even Afolabi (who's looked terrible / unfit) has managed to get in ahead of O'Connor and he's undoubtedly going to be playing Adeloye and McKenzie.

It really is all a bit of a mystery ???

25 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I'm really not sure where he fits in though, he obviously doesn't fancy playing O'Connor as it stands and can't see this boy getting in ahead of Salkeld given how much Hopkin seems to like him.

Even Afolabi (who's looked terrible / unfit) has managed to get in ahead of O'Connor and he's undoubtedly going to be playing Adeloye and McKenzie.

It really is all a bit of a mystery ???

The only position I can imagine he will play would be either the Hewitt role (but again we would be playing someone in there out of position) or the McKenzie role in behind Adeloye (which then means we have McKenzie, Moffat, Afolabi, Salkeld and O’Connor as a rather large back up) 

27 minutes ago, HMIP said:

I don’t even know what formation Hopkin wants to play, so it’s pretty much impossible to guess where a number of our signings are meant to fit in.  

3-2-2-2-1

3 x CB / LWB / RWB / LW / RW / AML / AMR / ST?

6 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

Jesus. It's amazing how similar his run at Ayr United is to his time at Morton. We had 10 wingers and no right backs.

He’s been like a child with pocket money burning a hole in his pocket, he doesn’t see something he likes but he needs to buy something.

Going in to August, no one thought we needed a winger on loan as a priority.

Going in to September, it’s all we brought in. 

the priority was central midfield, we sent 2 out on loan and didn’t bring any in.

I am currently weighing up watching the stream and then the Scotland game v going to the game and watching the second half of the Scotland game

pros of going

fresh air, seeing the game

cons

having to drive home after rather than just switching the stream off after the inevitable defeat 

I will change my mind 3 or 4 times in the next hour 

14 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

My head hurts at that lineup, I don’t know what is going on any more.

You do.

You know fine well that the tactics board has Get F**ed into them and launch it written above some wee stick guys launching a ball. Hopkin is standing pointing with a marker pen in one hand and a giant grab bag of  sizzling steak wotsits in the other.