The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

13 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Why exactly? It's 2021 and we're supposed to be a full time professional club, I'm genuinely interested.

As @wuffster said, it doesn't directly generate the club any money. In fairness, there are all sorts of enterprises which have been praised for their communications skills and have ended up folding.

I still categorically disagree with this. Winning matches engages punters to turn up to the next game, but so does a good media strategy. And the latter can be easier than the former. McCall didn't seem to exactly bust a gut with it but did put in more effort than has happened at Ayr before. Hopkin has put in zero effort and the football is pish too.

23 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Why exactly? It's 2021 and we're supposed to be a full time professional club, I'm genuinely interested.

Good point. I wrote the original post rather reflexively. My sympathies have been with people at the club who are simply doing the best with the limited time and resources available to them (and I'm biased).  A "lean management structure" means that employees will probably not have time to do everything that needs doing. Volunteers are not the solution because they can take up an inordinate amount of time (not always).

That doesn't mean Ayr shouldn't be doing better at basic stuff, but as @Thumper has alluded to, where's there a pound in that?

Just now, THEHonestman1910 said:

Educated guess. He hasn't played at all this season. Barely even makes the bench and at his age, he might be thinking of focusing on his business now.

I had that down to maybe struggling to shake off the lingering effects of covid. Charlie Adam who is a similar age and I would assume no where near as fit took around 6 weeks to be back to full fitness. Appreciate Moff is getting on a bit and we no longer have time on side, but I'd be genuinely apoplectic if this is how he goes.

Don't see the point in a midfielder if we are largely bypassing them, when we haven't our best two central midfielders so far have been a left back and a centre back anyway.  

Need someone more like Daire as we only have one real wide player in the squad and generally what we call wingers are described as forwards now.  I hope that is what we do. 

We'll end up with Bob McHugh or something though. 

I had that down to maybe struggling to shake off the lingering effects of covid. Charlie Adam who is a similar age and I would assume no where near as fit took around 6 weeks to be back to full fitness. Appreciate Moff is getting on a bit and we no longer have time on side, but I'd be genuinely apoplectic if this is how he goes.
Plus he picked up a niggle a few weeks back as well so probably just compounded issues taking a bit longer to overcome.

I must be the only one that really wouldnt be fussed if/when Moffat goes. The guy has been a great servant and a goal machine but the last 2 seasons havent been kind to him. 6 goals or something all of last season, blasting at the GK when one on one 90% of the time. Sadly legends cant and shouldn't go on forever 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I must be the only one that really wouldnt be fussed if/when Moffat goes. The guy has been a great servant and a goal machine but the last 2 seasons havent been kind to him. 6 goals or something all of last season, blasting at the GK when one on one 90% of the time. Sadly legends cant and shouldn't go on forever 

*One season - in a team in which he was completely mismanaged.