The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

There are plenty of existing examples of employment laws being outranked by requirements for other issues. There are plenty of employment roles that prohibit people with certain criminal records for instance. There are also already care roles that require staff to be vaccinated or lose their jobs.

Whilst I'm not suggesting professional footballers in an outdoor sport should be the same, it's not exactly a massive reach. If the Govt decide to make it a requirement employment laws won't stop it, particularly now we're not required to comply with European Law.

From a quick google search.

if you are in employment, it is unlikely to be in your contract that you require to have a vaccine, so it would have to be added, which you could refuse to sign if you don’t agree

if you are seeking employment, they can stipulate that you have a vaccine as long as they are not discriminating against someone who has a disability that means they can’t take the vaccine.

the health/care sector is an example of somewhere where vaccinations can be mandatory as there is a health and safety risk. 

So clubs could force players if they wanted to, but if a player really didn’t want to for whatever reason, it would be an issue that would require legal mediation. 

On 02/09/2021 at 10:50, Richey Edwards said:

Your fans sing Rangers songs.

Your board were celebrating getting relegated.

Joke club.

Joke club, chuckle, chuckle. Can’t wait to sample your toilets with my new pish proof waders. How’s the half and half *** scarves doing?

29 minutes ago, Killiefan said:

Joke club, chuckle, chuckle. Can’t wait to sample your toilets with my new pish proof waders. How’s the half and half *** scarves doing?

I'd rather have bad toilets than have fans who sing Rangers songs and a board who think getting relegated is amazing.

23 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

What exactly is missing from the advert ? Look at most job adverts  and it states the same things , job role , responsibilities and salary ( majority of companies state salary negotiable)  depending on experience, the job is not a football related job , it is a commercial manager which is more sales related  generating income than football , it just happens to be at a football club 

I thought the advert was fine - it's concise at least and covers the key responsibilities. It could perhaps have done a bit more to outline the overall vision and expected trajectory that the board has for the club though - a job advert is about sparking interest in people who may or may not be aware of what is happening at an organisation.

You are right that a great candidate for the role may actually be ambivalent about football - and certainly may not support Ayr United!

I hope they manage to find someone who is stronger on leveraging and driving the digital channel. I don't know the previous incumbent but I think it's fair to assume that aspect wasn't his strength.

18 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

They can't be penalised though, you can't force people to have a vaccination. You also can't exclude them for choosing not to be vaccinated.

There's no definition of "can't" here which holds water.

Look, there is absolutely no excuse here. They're full-time, on good wages. Everyone else in the country has had to turn their houses into offices, or else struggle to pay bills on precarious furlough rules. Footballers should have been first in line to get vaccinated.

It's telling that most of the teams having difficulties are the ones at the bottom end of the table. I suppose if you can't be fucked listening to what you were told to do on Saturday that's going to apply to the rest of the week as well.

28 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There's no definition of "can't" here which holds water.

Look, there is absolutely no excuse here. They're full-time, on good wages. Everyone else in the country has had to turn their houses into offices, or else struggle to pay bills on precarious furlough rules. Footballers should have been first in line to get vaccinated.

It's telling that most of the teams having difficulties are the ones at the bottom end of the table. I suppose if you can't be fucked listening to what you were told to do on Saturday that's going to apply to the rest of the week as well.

Yep. The rules were also bent and pushed to the limits to allow them back playing again when much of society was closed down. Bit of give and take required

1 hour ago, rgreig said:

I hope they manage to find someone who is stronger on leveraging and driving the digital channel. I don't know the previous incumbent but I think it's fair to assume that aspect wasn't his strength.

To be fair to the previous incumbent, my impression is that responsibility for the whole "online presence"-thing at the club has been shuffled around between different directors and employees for years. I have quite a lot of sympathy with the club on this despite having been repeatedly frustrated over the years. Did any of it (beyond the club shop) actually generate income vs. "a nice thing to have but..."

Lockdown etc. obviously changed the potential for income and we have been found wanting. A new broom would be welcome and if it sweeps me away there will be no hard feelings on my part.

1 hour ago, wuffster said:

Lockdown etc. obviously changed the potential for income and we have been found wanting. A new broom would be welcome and if it sweeps me away there will be no hard feelings on my part.

A few of us on here will have hard feelings if you were swept away.

Your highlights packages over the years have been top notch. I'd be happier if you were brought into the club as I'm sure you'd deliver a quality product.